• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Namikaze1

The raid is great but man it can be hard. If this is normal mode, imagine what hard mode is like. I'm not looking forward to doing a certain part in hard mode.

Klyka

Banned
I'll be uploading our kills of the first two bosses in a bit.
Am I allowed to link them here if I very clearly label them as direct boss spoilers?

i just realized i could preview the other dances on my own class. armor doesn't even have that option.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

so.... why aren't these available for all classes again?

my opinion on the raid is that it's mechanically and conceptually more interesting than the previous two raids; however it lacks the mystery and exploration of the Vault of Glass and doesn't feel focused like either of the two. The objectives and bosses just seem abstract to me. would be curious to know what the lore behind it is because i'm not seeing how everything ties together. Everything in the Vault of Glass made sense linearly, and so did Crota's End. King's Fall on the other hand seems like a bunch of unnecessary obstacles between you and Oryx.

Kyoufu

Our group gave up at the 2nd boss. Strat wasn't really the issue since we figured out what to do but the execution was poor and half the group didn't even want to be there. Bleh. Would prefer a GAF group next time.

Shito

One thing that's been bugging me about this raid.
Is the amount of buffs you need to have. It gets repetative.
Easiest way
to counter eventual OP weapons. If they let one through by mistake, at least you have to play the mechanics still.

Our group gave up at the 2nd boss. Strat wasn't really the issue since we figured out what to do but the execution was poor and half the group didn't even want to be there. Bleh. Would prefer a GAF group next time.
Unstable's group is having a hard time on this one.
They are still going at it, though, and wiped while it was at something like 0.5% some 15 minutes ago... </3

Stider

Well ended up finishing for the night/morning at
Golgoroth
and completely stoked so far. Have received a 308 Ghost and a 303 raid rocket launcher :)

my opinion on the raid is that it's mechanically more interesting than the previous two raids; however it lacks the mystery and exploration of the Vault of Glass and doesn't feel focused like either of the two. The objectives and bosses just seem random to me.
This and the
ogre
just sucks the air out of the room glad we got past that.

Juraash

I'm not hating the radium flake grind on the dreadnaught all that much. I've gotten a ton of rep, XP for my gear, a bunch of engrams, learning a bit of the Dreadnaught, and seen tons of secrets... a couple random lore things, lots and lots of chests or locks that need a something, and
a chest I CAN unlock but with a slow interact bubble in a room that drains your health too fast to open it! How do I solve this one? Can Defender Titans do it in a bubble? Crazy.
Also, I came across a huge group of randoms, summoning really tough enemies and getting into Public Events- is that the Court of Oryx? I joined up with them randomly and keep running into them now and again as I run around the place. pretty cool :) just wish a chest every now and then would give 2 flakes, sheesh. Thought that was fixed long ago.

Nope. Crota's end was 6 hours on the dot.

I believe there is something you can interact with to make you immune to that. But I've also heard a Titan bubble will totally do the job.

LiK

Is it me or does it look like everyone is just skating the ground in TTK? People don't look like they're actually running on the ground in coop. I dunno

my opinion on the raid is that it's mechanically and conceptually more interesting than the previous two raids; however it lacks the mystery and exploration of the Vault of Glass and doesn't feel focused like either of the two. The objectives and bosses just seem abstract to me. would be curious to know what the lore behind it is because i'm not seeing how everything ties together. Everything in the Vault of Glass made sense linearly, and so did Crota's End. King's Fall on the other hand seems like a bunch of unnecessary obstacles between you and Oryx.
Was thinking the same thing before. It just felt like a long straight path filled with bosses before getting to Oryx. Feels better than Crotas End but VoG remains top.

BokehKing

Banned
So are initial impressions that this is vault of glass level of challenge/uniqueness?

I always viewed Crotas End as more or a..... Blitz strike with mild mechanics

Ok so there's a glitch during the VIP quest that makes you delete the Old Guard shader to keep going through with it? I thought that was one of the rewards I got, so I just lose it now?

SkylineRKR

Crota's End felt like a Strike from day one. How lame that Raid ended up being was a big reason I stopped playing Year 1.

At first we were hyped and the abyss looked challenging, we conquered this part at launch day. Then the bridge which looked cool and was decent to do legit, we couldn't get past it with our level 30's and called it quits. I really felt we were just at the start and had a long way to go still, but we would soon find out we were in fact already past the halfway point.

Not to mention the sunsinger (oops, Deathsinger) was fucking awful and pointless, and Crota was one guy doing the sword and the rest mindless DPS. Bag of shit. Best raid to solo though (pretty much anyone can do it).

Klyka

Banned
Uh can anyone from my group please check on bungie.net how many "rewards" it shows for kings fall? because for me it shows 1/5 even though we beat 2 bosses :O

Top Bottom