• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

ocean

Banned
So far VoG>King's Fall>>>>>>>>>>>a pile of shit>>>>>>>>>>a bigger pile of shit>>>>>>>>>>>Crota's End
I dunno man, I'm liking this one better. More complex puzzles, harder bosses, bigger space, more emphasis on team coordination, mechanically superior fights... Only thing VoG has this best IMO is thematic coherence.

But that's more of a deep analysis kind of thing. Gameplay wise this thing is just outstanding IMO

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Pink and I are looking to do the raid later tonight. Going to need maybe four more. 290+ is a must. Also must have horn 2.0, an exotic sparrow to escape after we whup on Oryx and some alcohol to dull the pain away that we're going to receive.

Geist-

Anyone know if nonclass exotics get unlocked in the vault even though I can't see them? Or do I have to create a character and transfer the item.

Klyka

Banned
I know we all have a soft spot for Vault of Glass but even when we first started out with it that god damn boring as fuck oracle phase already went on for waaaaaay too long.
As well as the confluxes before it.

That was literally filler content. Like,the worst.

So are initial impressions that this is vault of glass level of challenge/uniqueness?

I always viewed Crotas End as more or a..... Blitz strike with mild mechanics

It's like a longer and more challenging Crota's End with more MMO-Like Raid mechanics. Vault of Glass is still a better Destiny Raid though. The opening act takes place in a public space; the first phases train you for mechanics in the latter phases; there's a moment of rest in between bosses where exploration rewards you with loot and alternate routes; the mechanics at the end are built off of mechanics you've seen in the previous battles and not entirely new; and all of it is tied together in a cohesive theme. It's like an adventure.

King's Fall has really cool mechanics and set pieces, but all of it is self contained and is like a straight path from one boss to the next.

I like it as its own thing but I think Bungie misinterpretted what people liked about the Vault of Glass. Hint
it wasn't a bunch of jumping puzzles

Juraash

Anyone know if nonclass exotics get unlocked in the vault even though I can't see them? Or do I have to create a character and transfer the item.

I can tell you for a fact that if you don't have a character of that class it won't save them. Decoded a couple Xur engrams into hunter gear after 2.0 dropped. Made my hunter after they got the shard and they did not wind up in his kiosk.

Couldn't speak to whether it needs to be moved to the actual character first.

neoism

cool got 5 more exotic engrams from 15 coins... still no new weapons though just getting old shit.... did get the pimp sidestep helm looks amazing....

276 now....

so i got 8 all together today really glad they throw S coins at you now lol...

Eric WK

LF3M for the Raid, Xbox One. Going in blind. Ready to start when full.

Myself, purg3 and Tokubetsu at the moment. XBL message to Eric WK preferred.

zewone

i just realized i could preview the other dances on my own class. armor doesn't even have that option.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

so.... why aren't these available for all classes again?

I've been looking for that cloak. What's the name?

Got 1 spot open for the Nightfall, we're at the end boss. Send a request to Beast-Legacy or MostWantedZero on PS4 now, first come first serve. Full! : )

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay that's good that there are checkpoints. So gaffers haven't beaten it yet.

We have four. We may need two more. Plan to go in less than an hour.

ocean

Banned
Finally figured out this third part damn
Over an hour stuck
Now it's just execution. This is so good
8 hours and counting

BahamutPT

We're having a hard time figuring out how to pick up
the "relic" to blast the Deathsinger's shield.
It's not letting us pick it up, just stands there.

We got it. (The mechanics not the kill though)

Klyka

Banned
Oh btw,you guys know that there are more than just those bosses we see right now,right?

Cause it says "<bossname> Challenge" on Bungie.Net when you hover over the raid.
I bet there are at least 2 more bosses than can switch with the ones we got now.

Would anyone be willing to help me out with the last Taken King story mission? I'm pretty terrible at single player shooters.

PSN SolicitorPirate

Also, don't have a mic right now

Top Bottom