• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Baliis

Got a Suros 2.0, kinda liking it, I dont normally like auto rifles, but with the shoot slower/more damage perk, it kinda just feels like a fast scout rifle

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Got a Suros 2.0, kinda liking it, I dont normally like auto rifles, but with the shoot slower/more damage perk, it kinda just feels like a fast scout rifle

just realized, did they take out scout rifles with autofire in taken king?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I never expected to be this stumped by something on patrol. I tried another clever thing but still no luck! I'll take another hint please!

Namikaze1

Raid Gear spoilers

So I had the boots dropped earlier. It's funny cause the boots were the last thing to drop for me from VoG yet I get it as my first drop in King's Fall. Anyway, I noticed it doesn't have a heavy perk. It instead has a perk for more rocket ammo and another for more fusion rifle ammo. Wish it was sword ammo or even machine gun ammo. I'll take the fusion rifle ammo for when I get telesto.

Anastasis

I've got 160 legendary marks so I need to start spending. I don't have a year 2 exotic weapon so I'm leaning primary exotic for PvE. Suros, Red Death or Bad Juju? I'm not too good with the hand canons. Thanks!

Is there ANY reason to keep a year 1 exotic in our vault? I should probably just shard them, right? More exotic shards, at least.

edit: If we get the year 2 version, I mean. I think I'm gonna buy the Year 2 St 14... I should just dismantle the Year 1, right?

I'd keep any that don't have Y2 versions other than that I'd shard them.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Finally got some glove engrams.

ZL979GK.png

Anybody get heavy engrams yet? Nearly 100 exotic engrams and no heavies for me. And I really wanted an exotic heavy more than anything.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
its amazing how good/bad drifter is depending on the game mode

it should never be a control map

Namikaze1

Raid spoilers

A question for all raiders who got through the area preceding
Golgoroth
fight:

Did you all manage to get the Calcified Fragment in there? My team did.

Shito

ZL979GK.png

Anybody get heavy engrams yet? Nearly 100 exotic engrams and no heavies for me. And I really wanted an exotic heavy more than anything.
No heavy engrams out of my 200 ToCs.
I suspect they don't actually exist.
Same for boots.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Two exotics in a row after going 0 for 9. Aww yiss

ZL979GK.png

I got a thunderlord 2.0

I farmed about 50 engrams, and this was the only heavy I got

Got a Hawkmoon year 2 and a Crest of Alpha Lupi for Titan on my warlock.

I saw a couple things posted about the Draksis farming and some guides said take a 3oC every time you die even if you don't get something... But wouldn't it make sense to just ride out one coin until you get an exotic Engram? So you can get 5 for 5 instead of wasting them in a higher chance?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Want me to hop in and help? Haven't gotten the chest myself either.
Sure thing. I need to take a break but I shall not do so until I get this goddamn chest

Edit: thank you nami, this is pretty great. Props to Bungie for making patrol this interesting.

nOoblet16

Our group found it

I just actually figured what we were missing, had like an Eureka moment.

The taunter who is about to get his gaze next, should be taking out the water bubbles on the other tauter's side while the rest of the team roams around the pit to DPS him while avoiding thralls. We were doing it right, but we had to stay one step ahead with this so that we get more time for DPS. And also need to figure out a better way to defend against the purple orbs, I would have just used my sword if it wasn't for the fact that it's void so it's not as effective.

Shito

I saw a couple things posted about the Draksis farming and some guides said take a 3oC every time you die even if you don't get something... But wouldn't it make sense to just ride out one coin until you get an exotic Engram? So you can get 5 for 5 instead of wasting them in a higher chance?
The buff lasts until you kill an ultra.
The Draksis thing is to kill yourself with him, so that he dies and you get a chance at an exotic, but you die and keep to restart at the checkpoint just in front of his room. You then pop another 3oC and repeat ad nauseam.

BokehKing

Banned
How do we defeat you blind thralls ;_;

I cannot give up
The blind Thralls on the dreadnaught by the chest?

You can't kill them, you need to hide in the worm hole till you get that buff and jump across, much easier with a part of people sitting on each piece for you

Kalamari

ZL979GK.png

I don't think there are any heavy exotic engrams, same with boots.

I believe it only counts for each kill. You have to use it again. The buff goes away.

k1t4j

Telesto is such a fun weapon, super fun tagging 4 mobs really quick and then just watching them all explode while you reload :p

I just actually figured it out, had like an Eureka moment.

The taunter who is about to get his gaze next, should be taking out the water bubbles on the other tauter's side while the rest of the team roam around the pit to DPS him while avoiding thralls.

that makes sense as long as the person can do enough damage to get the to drop but that is a perfect plan

The buff lasts until you kill an ultra.
The Draksis thing is to kill yourself with him, so that he dies and you get a chance at an exotic, but you die and keep to restart at the checkpoint just in front of his room. You then pop another 3oC and repeat ad nauseam.

I believe it only counts for each kill. You have to use it again. The buff goes away.

Ah gotcha I was under the impression the buff was there until you got an exotic but more coins raised the chance.

nOoblet16

that makes sense as long as the person can do enough damage to get the to drop but that is a perfect plan
(This is just talk regarding our raid...pity is from my raid group.)

Although this means we have to use specific bubbles so that the other person always knows which one to shoot...which would mean you and me have to stick to that spot. So definitely have to do something about defense against the purple orbs. Basically split in teams of three at the start of the fight so that we get the first water bubble down quickly and then once that's done it should be easy for just one guy to take down an orb while Gollum is focused on the other person and the rest of the team is DPSing

I think I'll probably be better off sniping for DPS tomorrow, plus I have the Bow for extra damage.

wow time to buy a lottery ticket. haul just now from farming:

jade rabbit
4th horsemen (first one ever)
monte carlo
telesto
invective

all year 2

Top Bottom