• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

nOoblet16

When you taunt, try shooting the projectiles he's firing at you to destroy them instead of running away from them. That's how you fight the taken centurions, so I hope it's doable with a few more projectiles coming at once.If that worked, you'd be able to stand still and his placement would then be predictable, so the other taunter knows where to stand and you can always stand right in front of a downed pool for us to dps from. We'd work our way down all 6 orbs on the ceiling at that point.

That's what I always do anyway. The issue is that sometimes it can be too late by the time you realise it's there.
Here is what I have in mind for tomorrow though.

1) We split in teams of 3 each with a taunter, clear out the ads and go to the places where the taunters usually go.

2) Taunter A get his attention while the other team on the other side aims for the water bubble on same side as that of taunter A (so that it falls in front of Gorgoroth)

3) 4 team members move to DPS the boss, taunters stay at their place.

4) Once taunter A (original taunter) is free of the purple orbs, he shoot the water bubble in front of taunter B.

5) Taunter B gets Gorgoroth's attention around same time.

6) Pit team moves to the new goo spot and does the same thing. While the taunters shift spot towards a direction each.

Repeat....

Basically we'll always know which way he'll be facing and have a clockwise or anti clockwise routine with it. OR the taunter can run and stand in front of the downed pool, wherever it is..now this should work too but it will waste a bit of time because since the current taunter isn't the one shooting the water bubble down he'll have to do some searching for the pool and also make his way there causing a loss of time. With a predefined routine such as the one I mentioned before, we'd be saving a lot of time.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I actually had way better results with 3oC doing the exploit on Winter's Kell than legit in HC strikes. Out of a dozen or so cards on HC strikes, I got zero engrams. Out of 26 cards on Draksis, I got 5 or 6 engrams.

-Zhalo Supercell
-Jade Rabbit
-Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan)
-Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter)
-Celestial Nighthawk
-Alchemist's Raiment

pretty fucking nice haul imo. Only thing missing I really wanted was the new Hunter Void helmet, I forget the name. Oh well.

SpecX

Finally got some good gear getting me to light level 260. Things are still challenging, but I finally feel like I stand a chance now where as before I stayed way back and fired rockets as much as possible. Wanted to get ruin wings Y2 to drop since that's my favorite gauntlets from Y1 but had to leave for our family weekend trip. I think I have 9 more coins left, so hopefully Bungie hasn't patched the engram drops so I can try one more time for those wings.

Decided to try the draksis farming for a bit:

Fourth horseman, Fourth horseman, Insurmountable Skull Fort and Zhalo Supercell.

Those first 3 are worthless to me but I'm happy with Zhalo

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
2 legendary and 1 exotic off my first heroic strike boss. Woop whoop

Nope. I think Triple, Datto and DestinyPlanet are stuck on Oryx.

Watching Datto is heartbreaking. They're so close to figuring out the mechanic. They actually had it work twice so far but died immediately after to adds so they didn't think they executed it correctly.

Juraash

Well jumped another 10 light lvls in the last hour. Cryptarch really shocked me with a blue glove engram decrypting to a pair of 293 legendary gloves. So my newly bought exotics are banked for now lol. Also got my helm to 290 thanks to Xur and buying a few helm emgrams. Sword is almost 280 so I can start the process for the exotic. 277 and there's still a lot of Friday night left. I'll actually get to Nightfall this week which I wasn't sure I'd hit :D

Afrocious

Despite being listed as recommending 290 light, you can be under that and still do fine. Enemies were easy individually. However, my group only got to what I assume was the 3rd boss fight.

nOoblet16

Despite being listed as recommending 290 light, you can be under that and still do fine. Enemies were easy individually. However, my group only got to what I assume was the 3rd boss fight.

3rd is final.
We had 3 under 290s and we were ok...probably take a little more damage than 290s...but that's about it.

Zocano

Like the previous raids, the optimal gear progression goes up as you get farther in the raid. Recommended light at Oryx is 300.

Anyway, the group I was in had to call it. There is one thing at Oryx that we just can't get right and it seems to be a DPS problem more than anything.

Great raid, though, really enjoyed it. I love that pretty much every part forces each player to have a specific role. That was the main flaw with Crota's End.

Also I really like the Gorgoroth fight

Watching Datto is heartbreaking. They're so close to figuring out the mechanic. They actually had it work twice so far but died immediately after to adds so they didn't think they executed it correctly.
Yeah they had no idea what to do for a while. Triple's team knows what to do but they're getting frustrated when they slip up. Crazy how Goth's team got it down so quickly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So just discard them and they go towards equipped items as experience?
WaZ3Kcf.png

Shito

Well jumped another 10 light lvls in the last hour. Cryptarch really shocked me with a blue glove engram decrypting to a pair of 293 legendary gloves. So my newly bought exotics are banked for now lol. Also got my helm to 290 thanks to Xur and buying a few helm emgrams. Sword is almost 280 so I can start the process for the exotic. 277 and there's still a lot of Friday night left. I'll actually get to Nightfall this week which I wasn't sure I'd hit :D
You can already nightfall.
Did it yesterday, we were all in our early / mid 270s and we made it no problem.
Heck, we even 2-manned it up to the boss because there were still too many low level players to answer our calls on here. :D

Afrocious

Yeah don't be afraid of this week's Nightfall. It's not hard at all if you take it slow. The boss is terrifying though.

It's not.

Cool. Sorry I missed your response before btw. I got caught up in raid stuffs.

Also did you clear
the daughters? If so, how'd you do that fight? We walked in like:

NAGVGAi.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
got to 270 from that patrol session, this is awesome. taking a break now for some dinner

I got 30 hadium flakes to buuut ColonelOCorn, if you like I will wait for you and do your 25 grind with you (it's way more fun with someone) and then we can get our swords together.

loving the claws on my sealed ahamkaras when I hold out ghost

and also so so so happy with this scout I got from a blue primary engram
It's so smoooth, and the liquid ammo display is classy as hell, and fireflyyyy

omolon da bes

It'll be my Titan's eventually, but definitely enjoying it for now.

I have yet to find a go-to primary to work up for my Hunter (giving Apple of Discord to my Warlock), but I'll get there. Will save up for the FWC hotshot firefly cannon if nothing else.

Top Bottom