• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Shito

Ah gotcha I was under the impression the buff was there until you got an exotic but more coins raised the chance.
Nay, it stacks each time you use one on an ultra and don't get an exotic.
Only ever pop one at a time, and after a while your chances at getting an exotic will skyrocket.

ocean

Banned
How many GAF teams running right now?

We're at Oryx. So happy that this group - most of whom have never played together - has gotten to the end, blind.

This is my favorite Destiny day.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Solution is DUMB lol
I think it's pretty cool, the buff should just activate sooner so that you can get it by accident and piece it together. I noticed that screen effect multiple times but never thought anything of it

nOoblet16

We're at Oryx. So happy that this group - most of whom have never played together - has gotten to the end, blind.

Priest was awesome, so was the part before him.
Gollum is just typical bungie spongebob with ad spam and a twist to mechanics. (Even that stupid bubble takes so much to take down)

mekes

My friend got an exotic sniper rifle that is basically the black hammer, but precision shots also blind nearby enemies. Forget the name, but its the most interesting new exotic I've seen so far.

Quick question for anyone who knows, but I did the nightfall this evening. After finishing it, all heroic strikes were much more difficult. Is that because I'd done the nightfall? I'm level 289 and I was getting 2 shotted by enemies, almost like there was a burn active *but there wasn't*

PS. Loving the infusion system!

LiK

I think it's pretty cool, the buff should just activate sooner so that you can get it by accident and piece it together. I noticed that screen effect multiple times but never thought anything of it

Yea, nice secrets altho not sure how anyone figured it out. I'm off. Thanks Hawk for the chest runs and Nami for helping out with that chest, :D

JTripper

I'm in one. We're at Oryx too and getting wrecked. We're not getting too discouraged though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man, heroic strikes with randoms is... not fun.

traveler

Not Wario
(This is just talk regarding our raid...pity is from my raid group.)

Although this means we have to use specific bubbles so that the other person always knows which one to shoot...which would mean you and me have to stick to that spot. So definitely have to do something about defense against the purple orbs. Basically split in teams of three at the start of the fight so that we get the first water bubble down quickly and then once that's done it should be easy for just one guy to take down an orb while Gollum is focused on the other person and the rest of the team is DPSing

I think I'll probably be better off sniping for DPS tomorrow, plus I have the Bow for extra damage.

(Grayfour from the raid- 2nd proper boss spoilers)

Would it be possible to stand still in front of the boss while shooting down the orbs coming at you like you can for centurions? Never did the taunt job, but I assume that's doable. If so, we could deliberately choose our orbs and stand in place to dps him.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone else want to get this blind thrall chest on the dreadnaught? I'll help a couple more before I take a break :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Real talk. The best thing about this update is leveling up stuff with motes.

I just leveled up all my new weapon exotics and a few gear for less than 100 motes using focus light as well.

Would it be possible to stand still in front of the boss while shooting down the orbs coming at you like you can for centurions? Never did the taunt job, but I assume that's doable. If so, we could deliberately choose our orbs and stand in place to dps him.

im not sure but I think if you shoot them it shifts the focus to someone else.. Not entirely sure but if it does and it's random then it would kill the whole strategy of knowing who's controlling the gaze ... It is possible though

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know how it works but just haven't tried. Is it pretty doable?
Totally doable but much much moreso with a fireteam helping. Solo it would take a few tries to kind of get some sense memory of the path, but a fireteam can stand on platforms as markers for the person grabbing it

MechDX

My friend got an exotic sniper rifle that is basically the black hammer, but precision shots also blind nearby enemies. Forget the name, but its the most interesting new exotic I've seen so far.

Quick question for anyone who knows, but I did the nightfall this evening. After finishing it, all heroic strikes were much more difficult. Is that because I'd done the nightfall? I'm level 289 and I was getting 2 shotted by enemies, almost like there was a burn active *but there wasn't*

PS. Loving the infusion system!

Hereafter is the name of the sniper. Got one today as well

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Real talk. The best thing about this update is leveling up stuff with motes.

I just leveled up all my new weapon exotics and a few gear for less than 100 motes using focus light as well.

so damn good. eat all the motes. om nom nom

Arrrammis

Has anyone been able to get multiple fireteam in the same instance for courst of Oryx? My group has an antiquated rune we want to finish, but we need more help. I just keep reloading the map, hoping to find the rest of the group or more randoms.

JTripper

We're totally stumped on what to do on Oryx.

We
get the orb, kill the ogres, and try to destroy the light of Oryx and the blight orbs but we always get wiped no matter what.

What.

Why.

How.

nOoblet16

I don't understand what you mean, if I stand in front of the boss then I won't be able to taunt him. And the orbs only go to the person who taunts

Baliis

Has anyone been able to get multiple fireteam in the same instance for courst of Oryx? My group has an antiquated rune we want to finish, but we need more help. I just keep reloading the map, hoping to find the rest of the group or more randoms.

I think theres a way to do it by asking randoms to invite your 4th and 5th then leaving so you can invite the sixth. Same if you wanna do a third team

Can you infuse a weapon more than once? Also what is the consensus on farming? Stacking or one at a time for the 3oC?

I think I might spend the coins on those Gauntlets for the Warlock though. Never know in the new system if they show up again...

traveler

Not Wario
I don't understand what you mean, if I stand in front of the boss then I won't be able to taunt him. And the orbs only go to the person who taunts

When you taunt, try shooting the projectiles he's firing at you to destroy them instead of running away from them. That's how you fight the taken centurions, so I hope it's doable with a few more projectiles coming at once.If that worked, you'd be able to stand still and his placement would then be predictable, so the other taunter knows where to stand and you can always stand right in front of a downed pool for us to dps from. We'd work our way down all 6 orbs on the ceiling at that point.

Shito

Can you infuse a weapon more than once? Also what is the consensus on farming? Stacking or one at a time for the 3oC?

I think I might spend the coins on those Gauntlets for the Warlock though. Never know in the new system if they show up again...
One at a time.
The stacking effect happens once you use ONE and don't get an exotic on your next ultra kill: the next one will have more chances at it, and so on.

[EDIT]
Top of the advice!

Bungie told folks ahead of time to dismantle all the VIP stuff if you got it prior to the 15th as you could not advance the quest. You won't lose it. In fact, you can still pick it up from the shader kiosk. You also get it anyway from the actual quest.

Never heard of that glitch but wouldn't the shader be in your kiosk anyway?

Well I never got the stuff prior to the quest. But after getting the shader it just sort of stopped. I didn't get prompted to get the sparrow.

And is the quest only available for one character?

vid

Okay, so I'm trying to catch up on today's events so I can make a plan before I get home to play.

If I'm understanding correctly... you buy some of the 3oCs, pop one, kill Draksis and yourself simultaneously, then once you've revived you use another coin and repeat the process?

Shito

Okay, so I'm trying to catch up on today's events so I can make a plan before I get home to play.

If I'm understanding correctly... you buy some of the 3oCs, pop one, kill Draksis and yourself simultaneously, then once you've revived you use another coin and repeat the process?
Yep!

Top Bottom