• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Mindlog

Like the previous raids, the optimal gear progression goes up as you get farther in the raid. Recommended light at Oryx is 300.

Anyway, the group I was in had to call it. There is one thing at Oryx that we just can't get right and it seems to be a DPS problem more than anything.

Great raid, though, really enjoyed it. I love that pretty much every part forces each player to have a specific role. That was the main flaw with Crota's End.

Also I really like the Gorgoroth fight
My favorite mechanic.
The way they handled the Shield of Light equivalent. Everyone is focused on DPS, but the person holding the buff also has a job to do. Much less passive version of shield bearing in Vault of Glass.

Shito

Yeah don't be afraid of this week's Nightfall. It's not hard at all if you take it slow. The boss is terrifying though.
I was really dreading him, but it was actually very fun and not that hard.
He's not a big sack of HP, and he got us on our toes legit at the end.
Was really funny and nice running away from him in the dark as the last guardian waiting for those revive timers to tick down.

loving the claws on my sealed ahamkaras when I hold out ghost
Neat!

Like the previous raids, the optimal gear progression goes up as you get farther in the raid. Recommended light at Oryx is 300.

Anyway, the group I was in had to call it. There is one thing at Oryx that we just can't get right and it seems to be a DPS problem more than anything.

Great raid, though, really enjoyed it. I love that pretty much every part forces each player to have a specific role. That was the main flaw with Crota's End.

Also I really like the Gorgoroth fight

Feels like a real MMO, brings me joy to hear that

nOoblet16

My favorite mechanic.
The way they handled the Shield of Light equivalent. Everyone is focused on DPS, but the person holding the buff also has a job to do. Much less passive version of shield bearing in Vault of Glass.

you're talking about a different fight.

Given the way alts are handled now(most activities being account bound instead of per character) I think I might delete my alts on xbone and just play 1 on Xbone and 1 on PS4. I have a 34 on PS4 so I can start TTK content straight away. Would be really nice being able to join in on all these posts looking for groups. Went xbone due to a friend but hes played about 1 hour since launch so that didn't quite work out.

BraXzy

Really losing hope on the second boss.
We know the tactic and have a decent rhythm going but we just cannot get enough DPS output. Between dealing with thrall and sorting pools , we keep managing to get him to maybe 40% before he enrages and we wipe.

Anyone got advice?

Truphenom

Got to mess around with the raid today. Got one of the weapons from the first boss and it looks pretty dope, second boss is hard as fuck to do damage to but I'm sure there's a strategy that I'm not using. Raid is infinitely better than Crota and I'm getting the same feeling I did from running vault of glass for the first time.

Afrocious

Really losing hope on the second boss.
We know the tactic and have a decent rhythm going but we just cannot get enough DPS output. Between dealing with thrall and sorting pools , we keep managing to get him to maybe 40% before he enrages and we wipe.

Anyone got advice?

How long are you damaging him for? You can really fuck him up if you prolong the damage phases by continuously passing Gaze between two players.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Managed to do the taken war quest line with different randoms.
Just unlocked The wolves of Mars quests. any recommended areas to kill the Fallen?

TheTurboFD

Bruh did I just get an AK exotic?

PtPYrHS.jpg

BraXzy

How long are you damaging him for? You can really fuck him up if you prolong the damage phases by continuously passing Gaze between two players.
Wasn't a gaze grabber but we would get through 3/4 pools then his back wouldn't open up so gaze got lost?

ocean

Banned
10 hours
I'm in love with this raid
This raid hates me
Oryx is impossible
If I weren't this sleepy I'd write a Haiku

22 hours up, 10 of which have been Raiding

got to 270 from that patrol session, this is awesome. taking a break now for some dinner

I got 30 hadium flakes to buuut ColonelOCorn, if you like I will wait for you and do your 25 grind with you (it's way more fun with someone) and then we can get our swords together.

loving the claws on my sealed ahamkaras when I hold out ghost

and also so so so happy with this scout I got from a blue primary engram

It's so smoooth, and the liquid ammo display is classy as hell, and fireflyyyy

omolon da bes

It'll be my Titan's eventually, but definitely enjoying it for now.

I have yet to find a go-to primary to work up for my Hunter (giving Apple of Discord to my Warlock), but I'll get there. Will save up for the FWC hotshot firefly cannon if nothing else.

how do you grind flakes together with people? I need some :(

JTripper

I'll be a sad man if my Oryx checkpoint is reset on Tuesday and not Friday.

Oh well, either way I'll still get to do the raid over again and get more sick drops. Knowing the strats and mechanics will make the first 2 bosses go much much quicker.

Shito

10 hours
I'm in love with this raid
This raid hates me
Oryx is impossible
If I weren't this sleepy I'd write a Haiku

22 hours up, 10 of which have been Raiding
You're a hero, and a mad man.
I know for living in the same timezone as you. :D

And with this, I'm off to bed.
Good luck you guys still raiding!

Anyone want to run the Antiquated rune on Court of Oryx? I'm 292. Also if I use it and we fail, do I get to reuse or is it lost?

Psn : Subtervotion

Afrocious

Wasn't a gaze grabber but we would get through 3/4 pools then his back wouldn't open up so gaze got lost?

Yeah, once his back closes, it's best to jump back on the second level and kill adds. Were you shooting him in the stomach? You want to make sure the boss is facing the DPS as much as possible, which requires a bunch of running around from the folks grabbing the gaze.

The 3oC exploit is not an exploit at all.
it is working as intended with a level of chance.

So what if Gralyx is readily available, it is the same level of farming as You Have Awoken The Hive.

I don't see it as an exploit

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i haven't teabagged anyone in years but throwing knife headshots on charging sword users made me lose control

Sullichin

2x Crest of Alpa Lupi (Titan, unfortunately for my Hunter) and Young Amhakara's Spine were my rewards so far from using 3OCs in Vanguard and Heroic Strikes. Think I went through 19 coins so far. Have a few left.

The heroics are no joke with randoms. Having a boss drop an exotic engram is awesome. Really wish they didn't mess up and make the drops available on regular story boss ultras without any cooldown. It's lame as hell to see people pile exotic engrams on the floor farming a shitty story mission from year one. And then there's people complaining that they only got like 5 exotics from it. lol

Anyone want to run the Antiquated rune on Court of Oryx? I'm 292. Also if I use it and we fail, do I get to reuse or is it lost?

Psn : Subtervotion

As long as the rune holder (the one who started it) jumps out before the timer runs out you won't lose the rune. I don't know what happens if the timer runs out, but for kicks I started it last night when there were 4 of us just doing tier 1 & 2s in chain, and we got our ass kicked. After a minute of everyone dying every second I jumped out and kept the rune.

Re: 3oC, if you aren't light 290 or higher its honestly better just to keep running vanguard strike 36 over and over and over and burn a coin before the end every time. The tiny light upgrades you will get every hour will serve you far, far, far better than having 15 level 290 exotics that you won't do much with. Once you are 290 though its fun to play with draksis and burn a bunch of coins trying to fill out your exotic table.

Also the nightfall seems way, way easier than in Destiny 1.0. Even without any burns this week my pug group of 280-290 people went through without much hassle, we only wiped once or twice to trivial stuff and not to the boss. Removing the orbit debuff was awesome, lets you not stress as much.

Top Bottom