• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I can help as well.

Ok I'll invite you.

Light level 286, should that be enough?

Its a 300 event. So i'm not sure.

As long as the rune holder (the one who started it) jumps out before the timer runs out you won't lose the rune. I don't know what happens if the timer runs out, but for kicks I started it last night when there were 4 of us just doing tier 1 & 2s in chain, and we got our ass kicked. After a minute of everyone dying every second I jumped out and kept the rune.

Re: 3oC, if you aren't light 290 or higher its honestly better just to keep running vanguard strike 36 over and over and over and burn a coin before the end every time. The tiny light upgrades you will get every hour will serve you far, far, far better than having 15 level 290 exotics that you won't do much with. Once you are 290 though its fun to play with draksis and burn a bunch of coins trying to fill out your exotic table.

Thanks for the info.

Posted my GT in the Xbox list but figure I'd post it here as well. Just started Destiny back up on the Xbox One (Played it on the PS4 for the first few months it was out, gave it up). I'm looking for anyone really. Just some people to run weekly stuff with and just have fun. XBL GT: Xbox Kovalski

bodine1231

Ok so this just dropped from exotic farming... Holy godamnshit this is one of the most awesome weapons I've ever used in any FPS. The lightning chains all the time and just decimates crowds of enemies,it also fits really well with my lightning warlock. (how should I upgrade it?)

20150918_220606_zpsdpgpqzxl.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The 3oC exploit is not an exploit at all.
it is working as intended with a level of chance.

So what if Gralyx is readily available, it is the same level of farming as You Have Awoken The Hive.

I don't see it as an exploit
It isn't an exploit, though it's not really comparable to farming The Dark Beyond because of the enormous gap in terms of payoff for time invested.

It's "cheese"; the abuse of intended mechanics in an unintended way, and rather cheesy cheese at that. It's incredibly obvious that Bungie did not intend for people to use multiple coins per minute consuming hundreds of coins in the course of a day. Shooting the Oracles all from up top to not have to deal with adds, burning Vanilla Skolas in 15 seconds to bypass all the mechanics and hiding in the little safety box for Valus Ta'aurc are also cheese. The coins are functioning as designed and it's absolutely Bungie's fault for not seeing this potential abuse of its properties coming and coding around it. No one ever need fear getting banned for cheese, but it's certainly the sort of thing that's patched out now and then.

An exploit is instead something that takes advantage of something unintended, potentially in the vein of a bug or reproducible glitch, usually only in the game by accident, to gain an advantage. The heavy ammo glitch, harmless as it may have been, was an exploit (though one provoked by a huge bug in its own right). Unplugging your ethernet cord when Crota kneels is an exploit. At their worst- what we'd call malicious exploits- these exploits give an active competitive advantage over other players. The original heavy ammo glitch in PvP is an example of this, and is the only well-known incident that resulted in targeted account bannings by Bungie.

There can be a lot of differences between the two in terms of difficulty to fix and priority. Exploits are usually more severe problems in need of rapid adjustment, but can involve completely unforeseen variables. Fixing exploits also tends to be risky toward other things; move a part here, break something else there.

With something like the 3oC thing, Bungie can easily see how and why it's happening according to their intended design. They need to do some additional work to solve the issue though; I'm glad they didn't pull them down in the meantime.

neoism

Ok so this just dropped from exotic farming... Holy godamnshit this is one of the most awesome weapons I've ever used in any FPS. The lightning chains all the time and just decimates crowds of enemies,it also fits really well with my lightning warlock. (how should I upgrade it?)

so many ppl got this gonna try again tomorrow.. :/. its gonna but my TLW for ttk as in ill never get it... i should do like 100 strikes tomorrow need deem S coins... i hope bungle doesnt patch it until next week or something...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

feed it motes!

Doing a lot of the post game quest. . how are some people done everything on 3 character now?! I am just doing stuff on my hunter and god--I don't have the time to do all of this for three characters.

Posted my GT in the Xbox list but figure I'd post it here as well. Just started Destiny back up on the Xbox One (Played it on the PS4 for the first few months it was out, gave it up). I'm looking for anyone really. Just some people to run weekly stuff with and just have fun. XBL GT: Xbox Kovalski

I have a clan called Progenitor that's open to GAF. My GT is ProgenitorRyan. Shoot me a friend request!

Dammit. Forgot on ps4 going from a disk copy of the game to digital requires re downloading everything(had vanilla on disk but bought the legendary edition which includes digital vanilla) b

What's the strategy for
the daughters?

It's counter clockwise from where the relic spawns. So always start with the platform to the left of it. Have your team jump on them in that order 1 after the other.The person in the other dimension is gathering light all the way to the relic. One that person is at the relic they jump to the boss that is NOT freaking out. Damage away. That person also gets a shield that everyone can stand in to not get killed at the end of the countdown. Rinse repeat.

Edit: Raid Spoiler for third boss

I have a clan called Progenitor that's open to GAF. My GT is ProgenitorRyan. Shoot me a friend request!

Okay cool. Do you (or people in your clan) play in the morning ever? I'm off during the weekends so I can play whenever but during the week I play between 7am and 1pm (Eastern). Yeah, I have a weird work schedule.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
the exotic 3oC thing is a bit like opening with xmas presents early. and playing with them. and not rewrapping them, and then realizing your an adult.

Blunoise

Holy shit has anyone been reading the Books of Sorrow, so much back story on the Hive and who Oryx was before. I wish could see their civilization before there fall

Meffer

So I use the 3 of Coins at Drax, kill him along with me at the same time and when I come back the effect is gone. Am I doing it right? No exotics yet...

Got my daily PvE and PvP done. Thanks for letting me crash your daily, KINGofCRA5H!
Went from Light 237 to 245 from that alone. If only I had a whole night id be raid ready i can feel it.

So I use the 3 of Coins at Drax, kill him along with me at the same time and when I come back the effect is gone. Am I doing it right? No exotics yet...
It resets whenever you kill an ultra. It's suppose go away when you kill him. You use it each time you respawn.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
ZHALO FROM MY ONLY PRIMARY WEAPON ENRAM WOOOOOOO

Bogeypop

Watching Datto beat the final Raid boss and hitting enrage makes me more worried that it is a DPS race since his group was better geared than the one I was in and still had trouble... Almost considering Exotic Engram farming for a Zhalo Supercell or some TTK Primary Exotic other than the Boolean Gemini.

bitsurugi

My favorite mechanic.
The way they handled the Shield of Light equivalent. Everyone is focused on DPS, but the person holding the buff also has a job to do. Much less passive version of shield bearing in Vault of Glass.

That was my favourite mechanic as well. We spent the most time on that fight, figuring how to get rid of that debuff. Also... kinda inverted tether, love it.

Top Bottom