• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

TheTurboFD

WOOHOO! I got the Destiny version of the needler!

VpbYwV2.jpg

Zocano

Fuckin' hell, that Zhalo Supercell should've been the perk on Dreg's Promise

y bunglo

edit: Also Telesto is fuckin' nuts from the perk desc.

BraXzy

Raid group disbanded so I found a new one and we got him after three really solid attempts.
It was INSANELY close though! Enrage hit and he was on a sliver and I was just sniping blind where his stomach used to be then it popped and we got our drops :D

traveler

Not Wario
Kinda funny that all the marketing schtick centers on how Oryx is coming for you because he's super angry about you killing his son given the lore present in the book of sorrow. Doesn't exactly jive with the Hive philosophy presented there.

Also, I'd recommend reading through the book of sorrow BEFORE doing the content, rather than after. It's nice context, not spoiler material.

shanafan

I just obtained Red Death from Master Rahool during a quest chain after the Gunsmith gave me Heavy Ammo Synthesis.

Was this random?

SnakeEyes

Banned
So after about 30mins of exploiting for Exotics, I have:
- Zhalo Supercell (Auto Rifle)
- Jade Rabbit (Scout Rifle)
- Hereafter (Sniper Rifle)
- Monte Carlo (Year 2)
- The Last Word (Year 2)
- Heart of Praxic Fire (Year 2)
- Starfire Protocol (Year 2)
- Crest of Alpha Lupi (Year 2)

Good haul I'd say.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
that whole vanguard streak thing kinda seems like it does nothing.

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that. Reminds me of the "Blues have a higher chance of decrypting into Legendaries" lie from Year 1.

I have to say, the swords are bringing out the stupid in people. Stop trying to melee kill bosses god dammit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Where my new Fatebringers, Black Hammers, and Visions at? This raid loot rad or what?
The new bh seems to be the exotic sniper hereafter, I think. Fatebringer lives on in a few hcs with firefly but specially the imago loop. I don't know of a good voc stand in though

Edit: I don't know a thing about the raid loot lol
4 or 5 strikes in a row and just getting 2-3 mediocre blues each time :(
Just blue pieces outright or blue engrams? Cause an engrams an engram

shanafan

I went to the "missing quests" panel in the tower, and there was the level 2 quest to obtain the warp drive.

Hmm? I already did that a very long time ago.

Massive vault and alt character clean up complete. Feels so good having a nice clean vault and my Titan is now filthy rich in pretty much every currency.

BraXzy

Raid spoilers after boss 2:
With the two witches, sisters whatever, we've got down the platform creation but when we get to the relic nothing happens. We can't grab it? No button works??

Welp my time farming has come to an end I've gambled it all away... results:
3x Telesto
1x Regime
2x Taikonaut
1x Obsidian Mind
1x Immolation Fists
1x No Back Plans
3x Third Man
1x Last Word
1x Knucklehead Radar
1x Hereafter
1x Hawkmoon
1x Monte Carlo
4x 4th Horseman
1x Skyburners Annex
4x Invective
1x Stag
2x Ahamkara Spine
2x Sealed Ahamkara Grasps
3x Crest of Alpha Lupi
2x Celestial Nighthawk

Need to go raid I think lol

KxoZz

My group disbanded. :( Really disappointed we didn't finish it, but after 11 hours, it's time to just leave it.
Got a sniper rifle, Ghost shell and a chestpiece so that's pretty good.

Really liked the first encounter with the totems and such, also liked the Warpriest battle. Not a fan of the Golgoroth battle. It's too much bullet sponge, not enough mechanics. Deathsingers was a pretty good fight, too. Can't say much about the Oryx battle since I didn't complete it, but it is the most epic thing in the game.
Not sure if I like the Gatekeeper section of VoG better or Warpriest/Deathsingers from Kings Fall.

LiK

Is anyone doing regular Vanguard strikes or PVP tonight? I'll be happy to join. If not, probably just do more chest farming to complete Shaxx quest. Need 11 more.

So after about 30mins of exploiting for Exotics, I have:
- Zhalo Supercell (Auto Rifle)
- Jade Rabbit (Scout Rifle)
- Hereafter (Sniper Rifle)
- Monte Carlo (Year 2)
- The Last Word (Year 2)
- Heart of Praxic Fire (Year 2)
- Starfire Protocol (Year 2)
- Crest of Alpha Lupi (Year 2)

Good haul I'd say.

Nice haul. Damn I want that Zhalo Supercell. I already got Jade Rabbit + Telesto though. I should probably just leave it alone but I doubt I can let it go. Also need a year 2 Last Word and Suros...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that. Reminds me of the "Blues have a higher chance of decrypting into Legendaries" lie from Year 1.

I have to say, the swords are bringing out the stupid in people. Stop trying to melee kill bosses god dammit.

Its for a quest lol

you have to kill majors with the sword

Top Bottom