• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Destiny |OT♦31| The Catcher and the Eye

Really, really regretting not extending my time off through today...

ocean

Banned
It's a frustrating quest, reminds me a lot of what we went through with the Thorn in year one... expect this one seems way more difficult.

Got it done last night thankfully
This seems like a direct successor to the Thorn bounty. PvP aspect where you lose progression, and a final "special difficulty" Strike.

I still need to get shotgun kills but I don't fully understand which kills count and which don't. Only at 15% after shot gunning a million Majors :p gave up and started killing Majors for my Sword. I'll do the shotgun part in PvP when the Raid craze is done and I return to Crucible.

Willectro

Banned
The quest "taken assault earth" is just stupid. Gotta hope for random event to spawn while you wait. Fml bungie. Just need 1 damn taken champion.

Jinjo

It's not really an exploit though is it? It's just faster than using ToC in strike after strike.

Yeah, not really an exploit, but now you get a chance at an exotic every minute, instead of every 15 minutes. Big difference. There probably will be a cooldown added before you can use another coin.

noomi

Will be able to go home for about 30min lunch, will farm whatever I can during that time. And then a bit after work.

I totally see this getting patched, take it while you can guys!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
eh I think im not going to be doing this kill n die on a story boss stuff myself. a little cheesy ;) I guess it's pretty likely to be nerfed somehow though so go for it if you wanna stock up! it's good enough for me just using them and doing strike chains, i had a blast and it wasnt even on the heroic.
3 exotics from 9 attempts so far. Gloves, chest and special. Me likey
dam!
so doing that Scourge of winter boss, does the difficulty have to be heroic ?
nope
It's not really an exploit though is it? It's just faster than using ToC in strike after strike.
well just doing a story mission rather than a strike I consider nowhere near an exploit. i don't think it's quite intended for you to kill yoruself before triggering mission end and simply kill the boss endlessly though. still, won't be a bannable thing or anything like that

Follow up, I'd actually rather use it in a real strike and get a bunch of engrams on the way and potentially get a boss legendary. Iunno, doesn't seem like any benefit except speed and then what do you have? Every exotic in a morning? They can't go higher than 290 in a drop so if your goal is to get raid ready, you're better off striking, I think.

Right?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why GL and not Scourge? Or is it all the same (rocket suicide/boss kill method)
it could work on any boss anywhere I imagine
Follow up, I'd actually rather use it in a real strike and get a bunch of engrams on the way and potentially get a boss legendary. Iunno, doesn't seem like any benefit except speed and then what do you have? Every exotic in a morning? They can't go higher than 290 in a drop so if your goal is to get raid ready, you're better off striking, I think.

Right?
I'm with you, wallach and I got a toooon of other stuff in addition to our exotic engrams and that was just the 36 playlist

Ramirez

I can't believe how this TLW quest is designed. I can't believe they let you lose progress. I can't believe you have to use a gun that was just nerfed into uselessness.

I just cannot fucking believe it.

A quest that actually requires some consistency in play?! The horror.

The gun isn't useless, use hip fire.

Daemul

Why GL and not Scourge? Or is it all the same (rocket suicide/boss kill method)

Convenience. I've had a checkpoint at the Eye of the Gatelord boss since launch for the heroic bounty, whilst I would need to run through the entire Scourge of Winter mission to reach the boss.

Right?

ya this seems like a waste of time to me.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Right?

True, while doing the strikes you are also getting infusion materials to power up your current gear. So you are still progressing in a way while also getting a chance at an exotic drop. Plus all those engrams to level cryptarch / faction rep, strikes are the way to go.

Raybunny

Thanks 3 of coins!

12033071_952817514756520_1943259019020781478_n.jpg

How you got that ?

ocean

Banned

Right?
Tbf without knowing what to expect in the Raid, and knowing very little about how powerful or useful these Exotics may be in specific scenarios, I'd say the more you have the better likelihood you have of dealing with a given encounter.

Like, think about how useful MIDA and Bad Juju and Dont't Touch Me were in the Abyss, or Ice Breaker on Oracles, that kind of thing.

This is cheesy as hell but I can't really blame the community for seizing a chance at progression which doesn't negatively affect anyone else (unlike PvP exploits) or necessarily rob them of an intended experience (like breaking a Raid with cheese).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
True, while doing the strikes you are also getting infusion materials to power up your current gear. So you are still progressing in a way while also getting a chance at an exotic drop. Plus all those engrams to level cryptarch / faction rep, strikes are the way to go.
yeah, exotics can only be looked at lateral moves in terms of progression. still if you're just looking to collect them
Tbf without knowing what to expect in the Raid, and knowing very little about how powerful or useful these Exotics may be in specific scenarios, I'd say the more you have the better likelihood you have of dealing with a given encounter.

Like, think about how useful MIDA and Bad Juju and Dont't Touch Me were in the Abyss, or Ice Breaker on Oracles, that kind of thing.
Fair point, though the odds may be against you of course, you could literally get 4 knucklehead radars with bad luck just as well as you could get 4 brand new uniquely useful things. but there's a chance either way
This is cheesy as hell but I can't really blame the community for seizing a chance at progression which doesn't negatively affect anyone else (unlike PvP exploits) or necessarily rob them of an intended experience (like breaking a Raid with cheese).

yup, so im not getting my panties in a bunch. just not my bag :p

im so happy with these gauntlets.

X-Frame

275 strange coins left, haven't done this 3 of Coins stuff but it sounds interesting and everyone seems to be getting stuff.

Worth it?

noomi

It has never been more difficult to be at work... leave some phat lewts for noomi pls

This seems like a direct successor to the Thorn bounty. PvP aspect where you lose progression, and a final "special difficulty" Strike.

I still need to get shotgun kills but I don't fully understand which kills count and which don't. Only at 15% after shot gunning a million Majors :p gave up and started killing Majors for my Sword. I'll do the shotgun part in PvP when the Raid craze is done and I return to Crucible.

Shotgun kills, do rumble like 2-3 matches and your done.

Top Bottom