• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

BraXzy

Had to call it a night on the raid for now, think were past the halfway point.
Been in three groups so far, first group got all the way to ogre boy then disbanded, then got to the daughters and not long after joining that team they called it a day, tried with one more team before deciding it wasn't meant to be tonight and its crazy late/early in the morning.

So frustrating because the daughters aren't even that hard, both groups we got the strategy down, people just kept making silly mistakes. I guess the hours and hours of grinding at it wittles us all down though.

Till tomorrow..!

That
glyph part slowed us down a lot, we got the strategy down in like 30 minutes but a lot of small mistakes made it take 2 hours.

Zocano

yea we have two focused on getting his attention, the other four focus on ads(whice there are so many of themn) running around killing them. Should the four stay in the pit the whole time?

Stay in the pit after the adds are dead and you are ping-ponging his aggro. The cursed thrall are always a threat.

R0ckman

Went through about half the raid and figures out a bit of the next stage before calling it a night. Got nothing but the equivalent of shards.

not+this+shit+again.jpg

BraXzy

Went through about half the raid and figures out a bit of the next stage before calling it a night. Got nothing but the equivalent of shards.

not+this+shit+again.jpg

I was almost in your boat till some decent gauntlets dropped.. Still some people were getting crazy weapons drop each chest so annoying :'(

Also. It is currently my life goal to get that arc damage exotic primary, I NEED it in my life. I'm actually going to sleep this time.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled

not+this+shit+again.jpg

Its stupid that they still allow this to happen. After all their talk of knowing people found that shit frustrating.

Raybunny

Anyone up to run heoric strikes? Make sure you are properly leveled for it. I would like to make a farming morning to get my sniper and heavy ready for raid. Starting in 10mins

2 spots open.

I had fun all day doing the raid and meeting oryx face to face but man you hit a wall if you can't DPS hard enough. Without a doubt everyone has to be at least light 295+ for confronting oryx so it's grinding vanguard heroic for me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Alright. I'm going to work on my alt in the mean time so I get it ready for NF this week at least. Going warlock for this one.

Light 290, finished most of the quest lines except for court of oryx and the raid ones. Had some crucible ones left so decided to work through one that had me play every game mode and do X thing X times. Took a good few hours.

Green shotgun reward, woo!

shermas

If you've already collected your 30 marks for the week, is there any reason to run the Heroic strike list instead of the regular Vanguard list? I just want that loot and those engrams... not looking for a challenge, just fun.

I'll go against the popular opinion and say I don't really care much for the new raid. While aesthetically and visually its brilliant, mechanics wise I don't like it.

normal mode is tuned way too hard, no one is going to be pugging past the first two or three bosses for a while. Also I think it depends way too heavily on people having perfect platform jumping skills. Not just one platform jump area but essentially three, if you count the sisters.

I do think bungie did it to show they can make a hard raid after all the criticisms of Crota/POE, and expect some nerfs to normal a few weeks down the line after people stop trying normal and hard mode is cleared.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
can you get 291+ drops in the game that aren't purple/legendary? i have a blue shotgun but think that was a quest reward. Like, i'm at 292 and engrams aren't going higher than 285 except purples, and I've decrypted quite a few blues

can you get 291+ drops in the game that aren't purple/legendary? i have a blue shotgun but think that was a quest reward. Like, i'm at 292 and engrams aren't going higher than 285 except purples, and I've decrypted quite a few blues
Yes, blues can drop up to 300 I think. I've got some 295+ blue armor pieces.

BTM

Yes you can. At least they have for me

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Yes, blues can drop up to 300 I think. I've got some 295+ blue armor pieces.

Thanks, I want to edge myself up a tiny tiny bit more so I can swap around a few weapons so I'm not only 290+ in one configuration. Sword's great, but sometimes you need rockets, likewise, shotties are fine, but a sniper is needed for certain scenarios.

oh, uh, I can't believe I typed shotties. Shotguns.

Zocano

I'll go against the popular opinion and say I don't really care much for the new raid. While aesthetically and visually its brilliant, mechanics wise I don't like it.

normal mode is tuned way too hard, no one is going to be pugging past the first two or three bosses for a while. Also I think it depends way too heavily on people having perfect platform jumping skills. Not just one platform jump area but essentially three, if you count the sisters.

I do think bungie did it to show they can make a hard raid after all the criticisms of Crota/POE, and expect some nerfs to normal a few weeks down the line after people stop trying normal and hard mode is cleared.

I honestly can't understand this viewpoint.

It should be difficult and people not being able to "pug" it is perfectly acceptable. I really like the intense difficulty and high amount of coordination required across all party members.

R0ckman

Its stupid that they still allow this to happen. After all their talk of knowing people found that shit frustrating.

Looking at the items I got, I think the moldering shard? If you collect 20 of them they convert into garunteed bonus drops when defeating Oryx in the raid. I guess this is their solution? Why not just fix the drops, and just give the gear a set of random perks to encourage people to continue running the raid? Only problem is I think it should be 10, not 20, hell I only got 3 of them out of all that, should have like 5.

Yeah. It's sad that Oryx himself is a dps check. Sure there are mechanics, but the dps check is too strong. Basically everyone needs to be 295+ with weapons of light.

This exactly. We can't finish it because 294 is our highest. Back to farming strikes I guess!

Edit Top of Page: OK I am going to bed for reals now. Night DGAF.

Top Bottom