• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Sullichin

Game is crashing after 30m-hour of play all day today. :( Always during strikes. Are there any new known problems with crashes after the TTK patch? Hope there's not something wrong with my PS4. Fuck, I can't keep up a vanguard rep buff.

FiraB

Banned
Man those coins are real, exotic every second coin on scrouge of winter...

1x helm of light
1x chest of alpha lupi
3x junk

Lol wtf the boss at Scourge of Winter just teleported himself into oblivion to avoid being turned into Exotic fodder
He just teleported and a few seconds later died. Still have the 3oC buff too

Bogeypop

Man I'm more convinced than ever this is a tight DPS check. Just tried the final Raid boss with a group that was a bit more undergeared than my first group, but we at least managed to get to a certain part by basically playing absolutely perfectly. Definitely gonna farm some Legendary Engrams on Strikes or do the Exotic Engram thing later today or tomorrow.

What is the consensus on the 4th horseman? Got an exotic drop for that with the 3oc and never had it during year one.

Has bungie made a statement at all about the exploit yet?

JTripper

Welp. 12 Hours straight. I am thinking everyone needs to be 295+ for Oryx. Personal Opinion, every other boss was great. Oryx, meh.

I sent you a friend request, but I think I'm gonna call it a night. If you're still doing Oryx this weekend and need a member while I'm online, feel free to invite me.

I sent you a friend request, but I think I'm gonna call it a night. If you're still doing Oryx this weekend and need a member while I'm online, feel free to invite me.

Cool! I responded to your message. Looks like I need to bump up my light to 295+

Sigh! I was so afraid of this! Those last few levels!

Magik

Welp. 12 Hours straight. I am thinking everyone needs to be 295+ for Oryx. Personal Opinion, every other boss was great. Oryx, meh.

I would add in that Snipers and Heavy Machine guns are a necessity as well.

Rockets just aren't up to par with MGs when it comes to the DPS needed and Snipers are great at stunning Ogres.

Dalek

My vault is starting to get cluttered. A few questions:

1. Should I dismantle all these year 1 legendaries?
2. If you break down an exotic weapon/armor and then pull it out of a blueprint later-does it stay leveled?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Oh, 3 special weapon engrams. Let's see what I get.

PkAwPiW.jpg

Come on, RNG. I have six of these.

I would add in that Snipers and Heavy Machine guns are a necessity as well.

Rockets just aren't up to par with MGs when it comes to the DPS needed and Snipers are great at stunning Ogres.

RAID SPOILERS

Yeah. We just couldn't
get enough DPS to stun him consistently. We managed to stun him once.
I am just frustrated I need to go farm strikes to get above 295+

Zocano

Eh, I think it's just fine if groups of people aren't able to beat the raid completely due to ilevel. Cumulative upgrades from raid drops helps you do the raid more effectively so if the final phase has a tough dps check, then that just gets solved with a week or two of raid gear drops.

This is assuming of course that the raid RNG isn't *too* shitty

edit: also got a i300 artifact from Tier 2 Court. Now all I need is a good ghost shell and I can forgo these shitty slots.

Oscar

LTTP:

Wear your best shit when decrypting engrams.

Engram results go by your current Light.

Decrypt one at a time, check to see if it's an "upgrade" defense wise and equip it if so.

JTripper

RAID SPOILERS

Yeah. We just couldn't
get enough DPS to stun him consistently. We managed to stun him once.
I am just frustrated I need to go farm strikes to get above 295+

Weapons of light looks like a necessity to
stun Oryx
too according to the streams I watched that completed the raid. I have a 297 sniper and a 294 Gemini scout and weapons of light with a Y2 Helm of Saint-14, so I hope I do enough damage.

I know that when my raid group was fighting
Gololobobroogoth, I would drop weapons of light and use my sniper on his stomach and if we would fail and go back to the stat screen before checkpointing, it would show that the total damage I had done was more than half of the fireteam's combined.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got my sword, had to go with this as an homage to one of my favorite fighting games ever. Plus I decided the really key thing I wanted is being able to block Arc attacks. Can't wait to play around with this thing :D

Shiv47

I tried to do the Three of Coins exploit thing, but I guess I don't have a sniper powerful enough to get Draksis down to a sliver before he moves out of sight, which means I have to get in the room, get him down while avoiding the rest of the fire, and then try to rocket him. I'm even using one of the TTK snipers, and can only get him down to about maybe a third of his health? I then tried doing the Gate Lord mission, but when I rocketed him, we both died, but the mission simply ended instead of letting me respawn.

The only time you should be hitting his back is to grab his attention; there is a different way to damage him.

yea we have two focused on getting his attention, the other four focus on ads(whice there are so many of themn) running around killing them. Should the four stay in the pit the whole time?

Bogeypop

We are at the
War Priest
first boss in the raid and one person had to drop. Anyone want to help?

I'll give it a shot if you don't mind me staying only for that boss, really tired. Need that him for a quest that I unfortunately got AFTER I killed him.

Top Bottom