• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

zewone

Not so sure about Jade Rabbit. Is this the new PS4 exclusive weapon? The seven round clip is uhhh... yea. What is the capacity if you use the extended mag?
Any initial impressions on Jade Rabbit? Haven't seen too many today, Zhalo Supercell is dominating the conversation lol

It's amazing. It's 11 clip with extended mag, but the Fate of All Fools perk basically gives it unlimited ammo. Chain body and headshots to automatically fill your mag.

Wrecks in PVP.

Future

. Yep I've been farming for the last two hours and now I feel like I have gotten almost all of the rng exotics that I want.

Been farming for 15 min on scourge and haven't seen one exotic drop yet. Rocketing myself every time but it feels like it's never gonna happen haha

Is everyone just using 1 3 of coins each time

It's amazing. It's 11 clip with extended mag, but the Fate of All Fools perk basically gives it unlimited ammo. Chain body and headshots to automatically fill your mag.

Wrecks in PVP.

Yea I totally get that, it's great. It's been nice as long as I'm cognizant of how many shots I'm at etc. But 11 sounds like a much better number to work with. How many body shots do you need to land prior for it to be considered chaining? two?

Edit: Nevermind it's only 1 shot prior to headshot

Definity

we are in the tower. Join.

DekuBleep

Thanks again for the invite. Still don't see that blade of famine in my inventory. I think it's part of an Eris quest line.

Edit:
Yeah, part of the quest "the old hunger". I have credit for the blade of famine part now.

Luis_23

Been farming for 15 min on scourge and haven't seen one exotic drop yet. Rocketing myself every time but it feels like it's never gonna happen haha

Yeah, I done it like 4 times and no luck either :(

Sky Walker

Yes, I use one coin every time I nuke both of us. It's just RNG. Sometimes I get two exotics in a row Or trying 12 times until I see a drop.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
8 Heroic Strikes with Three of Coin, no exotic engram. I would have probably gotten 2 from Draksis by now.

This is why people cheese, Bungie.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Made it
Golgoroth or whatever the fuck
in the raid with a pickup group. Not too bad actually. But that asshole is no joke, either that or it's just super late. Love what I've played of the raid so far.

Sky Walker

8 Heroic Strikes with Three of Coin, no exotic engram. I would have probably gotten 2 from Draksis by now.

This is why people cheese, Bungie.
Same here. 5 heroic strikes and no exotic. Then I go to draksis to get an exotic drop from the first try.

Yet deej said that the development team are discussing that the drop buff from the coin is too high xD

Ken

I honestly can't understand this viewpoint.

It should be difficult and people not being able to "pug" it is perfectly acceptable. I really like the intense difficulty and high amount of coordination required across all party members.

Depends on what they want to do with normal mode. If they want that to be the way for everyone, specifically casuals, to experience the raid content then yeah, it should be puggable.

Intense difficulty and high coordination is kind of the point of having a hard mode raid, no?

Oops, dunno if you guys want raid discussion specific to TTK spoil tagged or general raid discussion is safe.

Depends on what they want to do with normal mode. If they want that to be the way for everyone, specifically casuals, to experience the raid content then yeah, it should be puggable.

Intense difficulty and high coordination is kind of the point of having a hard mode raid, no?

Honestly, I really enjoy that Normal mode is like this, once you get the mechanics down it wont be to hard to beat. We took down
warpriest very fast once we understood how it worked. Gorgoroth is something we are working on today, we got the mechanics down there too. he should go down today.

Zocano

Oops, dunno if you guys want raid discussion specific to TTK spoil tagged or general raid discussion is safe.

Intense difficulty should be exclusive to the raid. That's the whole point of raiding. It's the highest tier and most difficult content.

The idea of it being "puggable" is sad to me.

Bogeypop

As opposed to my first team who just found the
exit quickly
, I just finished thoroughly exploring the
maze
portion of the Raid.
Found three weird symbols on the ground. Supposedly there are four and four of the fireteam are supposed to stand on them. Didn't find the fourth one, and the third one was hidden in a place you couldn't reach without some tricky platforming even if you could actually see.

rc213

I think you have to do quests for it to become an exotic.

I know but I'm assuming you lose the legendary version eventually? But if I can infuse the exotic past 290 might be worth losing it. If it's going to be stuck at 290 I don't know unless it adds some new perks.

Also, Court of Oryx for 1hr went from 285 to 290 even though how the chest rewards players is confusing as hell. And I've yet to see a rune for level 2 drop.

Sky Walker

Guys I need help in finishing the nightfall for the vanguard quest.

Anyone? Psn skywalker_3li

Edit: ok i need one more. Just in case I'm lvl 289 light.

GhaleonEB

I used a single three of coins, - my first - then ran the (brutal, fun) Kings of Decay mission.

CPPR7LJVEAA14Cl.jpg

CPPSZ06UcAA5t6H.jpg

I'm okay with this.

Dreadnought tonight:

I finally figured out what that orb you can summon is for. It solved another mystery, woo!

I found three more chests I can't open.

Picked up four more calcified fragments.

I'm slowly driving myself crazy, convinced there's a mystery to solve in the Founts. There's a thingy attached to chains rotating, hive guards with a shield of each element, a weird floating thing in the ceiling that goes back and forth and rotates. And there looks to be several rooms I can't figure out how to get into.

Basically this is me every time I see anything in the Dreadnought:

thismeanssometing_zps9c9eqesm.jpg

DjRalford

Anyone able to help with echo on fears embrace?

I've gotten close a couple of times but just can't finish it solo.

Psn djralford

Edit

Fuck you bungie
Had to go to tower to get more heavy synth, came back to find no checkpoint and it's started me at the fucking beginning.

I'm done

I know but I'm assuming you lose the legendary version eventually? But if I can infuse the exotic past 290 might be worth losing it. If it's going to be stuck at 290 I don't know unless it adds some new perks.

Also, Court of Oryx for 1hr went from 285 to 290 even though how the chest rewards players is confusing as hell. And I've yet to see a rune for level 2 drop.

ok, well I dont know about that...

Keep hammering Court of oryx, the stolen rune will eventually drop or rank eris and buy them :)

Ken

Intense difficulty should be exclusive to the raid. That's the whole point of raiding. It's the highest tier and most difficult content.

The idea of it being "puggable" is sad to me.

Eh, I don't know. Closing off both versions of the raid to only "really good" groups of people sounds a little elitist to me. You have stuff exclusive to hard modes of raids and that's the bragging rights for those people. Allow normal mode to be the way the majority of players can experience that unique content.

Also, raid isn't limited as a term to "hardcore" activities is it? Surely you can have casual raid activities along with hardcore ones too.

Anyways, I'm sure the difficulty will smooth out over time since this is day1 of the thing anyways.

Yeah. It's sad that Oryx himself is a dps check. Sure there are mechanics, but the dps check is too strong. Basically everyone needs to be 295+ with weapons of light.

This exactly. We can't finish it because 294 is our highest. Back to farming strikes I guess!

Edit Top of Page: OK I am going to bed for reals now. Night DGAF.

So disappointing after all the justifications they made about removing gjallahorn and ice breaker. We even struggled on the Warpriest because of DPS/Level (had two sub 290s)

Gave up without meaningfully trying Gorgoroth with a view to trying again later. but its not even worth it until we can all get high enough. I'm even tempted to try and boost my Hunter or Titan as they're way more useful than a Warlock

Zocano

Eh, I don't know. Closing off both versions of the raid to only "really good" groups of people sounds a little elitist to me. You have stuff exclusive to hard modes of raids and that's the bragging rights for those people. Allow normal mode to be the way the majority of players can experience that unique content.

Also, raid isn't limited as a term to "hardcore" activities is it? Surely you can have casual raid activities along with hardcore ones too.

Anyways, I'm sure the difficulty will smooth out over time since this is day1 of the thing anyways.

I am perfectly content having an elitist outlook towards end-game content. If you're not willing to put in the effort, you shouldn't raid.

Ken

I am perfectly content having an elitist outlook towards end-game content. If you're not willing to put in the effort, you shouldn't raid.

That's fine but then what's the point of a normal and hard mode? So you can have a babby mode elites and then hard mode elites? Sounds a bit silly to me but whatever.

Also a little funny talking about elitism for a raid downed in 7 hours.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This expansion truly shows how powerful the horn once was. We use to be able to destroy anything with the horn. Even regular stuff could be hard because of the lack of the horn crutch.

GlamFM

Banned
I´m absolutely convinced that 2 or 3 weeks from now the "usual suspects" will have this raid down to farming status and everybody here can join in.

I remember that Crota, especially the hard mode, seemed impossible at first....

Telesto is a fucking amazing gun and feels completely OP.

So jelly :p have fun with the gun glam. Post some gifs

This expansion truly shows how powerful the horn once was. We use to be able to destroy anything with the horn. Even regular stuff could be hard because of the lack of the horn crutch.

Yup the horn got rid of the DPS checks they had in place. Unless we find a replacement(if there even is one) then we're in some deep doodoo

Ken

I´m absolutely convinced that 2 or 3 weeks from now the "usual suspects" will have this raid down to farming status and everybody here can join in.

I remember that Crota, especially the hard mode, seemed impossible at first....

I don't have TTK but what's the gear ceiling looking like? Is everyone at their best possible gear already pre-raid?

Top Bottom