• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Wallach

King's Fall isn't going to seem so hard in a month or two. Like any piece of raid content that's ever existed. People don't even have a great understanding of the mechanics just yet, especially the final encounter. With time.

GlamFM

Banned
I don't have TTK but what's the gear ceiling looking like? Is everyone at their best possible gear already pre-raid?

Nooo..... Goth for example climbed 5 light levels with gear he picked up in the Raid.

No idea where it caps, but the Raid should potentially get easier from week to week.

310 might be the cap and Hard Mode might bring you to 320 if I had to guess.

My raid group got to the 2nd boss and then hit a wall and then people started getting tired so we stopped. Any spots open for later today?

Is there a way I can purchase a rare shotgun or rare special engram? I've been sitting at 7/10 materials for salvaging rare or better shotgun since Thursday. Rng not giving me any.

My raid group got to the 2nd boss and then hit a wall and then people started getting tired so we stopped. Any spots open for later today?

What level are you, it looks like you have to have everyone as close to 300 as possible for it to happen

I'm at 291 going to have to spend the weekend grinding

Bogeypop

Are there chests in the raid?
My group never found one.

Supposedly there's one after the second boss during that platforming section.

New problem with raid again

Golgorth boss. Distraction team is doing well but DPS team is having trouble staying alive in the pit. Tips?

Assign one person to Cursed Thrall duty or everyone in the pit just keep an eye out every once in a while for them. If you mean they're dying after you use up all 6 of your buffs, just have someone call that out so everyone gets out of the pit.

Klyka

Banned
What level are you, it looks like you have to have everyone as close to 300 as possible for it to happen

I'm at 291 going to have to spend the weekend grinding

I was 285 in the raid and we had one 287. The others were,I think barely above 290.

What really helps is having a Nightstalker tether the boss so you get more damage.
You can have a Sunbreaker melee him too for even more damage buff.
Weapons of Light works as well of course.

I think year 2 Skullfort is bugged; it says you spawn with full melee energy but you only spawn with one charge not two

They changed that so if you have a perk that gives you 2 you always have to charge the second. Was probably to nerf voidfang giving people 2 fusion grenades in pvp. Not that it had anything to do with pve. That's just Bungie I guess.

I thought they had fixed the Engram RGN...

I am getting SAME SHIT over and over from legendary engrams.

10 legendary rolled into 5 1000-yard stare, 4 Smolder rocket launchers... wtf

thanks angry eric and skywalker, we killed that nightfall like no one's business! Eric, add me psn blacksalad_

Sorry I talk so much, its a habit :( I'll try to be better

kidko

Considering I only get a couple hours a night during the week, pretty happy with where I ended up tonight!

Got my sword, got Stag and Impossible Machines. Got the new SUROS from the strike playlist after only two 3ofCoins!

CPQChAWUcAEnOpe

Zhalo is so much fun too! But yeah this gun looks and sounds sick. And damage wise it's amazing! Finally an awesome Fusion Rifle. And it's void!

Zhalo's a great gun, I've got 53 coins left and am tempted to go back for a shot at the nightstalker helm. I had crazy luck with my runs yesterday, I spent 150 coins on 3 of coins and was having engrams drop at about 1 in 4 and managed to get;

Zhalo, Suros, Hawkmoon, Telesto, Hereafter, Invective, Jade Rabbit, Monte Carlo, 2x Hunter Alpha Lupi with solar and void burn, New warlock chest with void and arc, starfire, voidfang, Claws of Aham, Impossible Machines, Stag with 2 different perks, LbN, Obsidian, St14, Skyburner and Nighthawk. All the helms dropped with health on orb as well

Saved me over 1500 in marks and got nearly everything I'd want to bring forward

R0ckman

I am perfectly content having an elitist outlook towards end-game content. If you're not willing to put in the effort, you shouldn't raid.

I can't take post like this seriously and I'm pretty good at pve. The issue is, its not fun needing the entire team to be good, to get pissed when you hear the ghost say "guardian down!", its toxic for everyone and to want that type of experience is a little odd. There should be enough room for helping weaker team mates and managing with at least half the team being really good.

Raybunny

With most of the mechanics explained from the raid. Anyone up to start raiding today?

290+ seems to be a fair light level to start it.

If anyone is up for that let me know and we can organize a group.

GlamFM

Banned
With most of the mechanics explained from the raid. Anyone up to start raiding today?

290+ seems to be a fair light level to start it.

If anyone is up for that let me know and we can organize a group.

From what I read 295 is almost mandatory to do ANY damage on Oryx.

R0ckman

So jelly :p have fun with the gun glam. Post some gifs

Yup the horn got rid of the DPS checks they had in place. Unless we find a replacement(if there even is one) then we're in some deep doodoo

When I use it and the enemies explode and float into the void of nothingness, I always do the wave animation.

Bought 2 more helm engrams and stopping there because I only have 29 strange coins left. I always buy in packs of 2.

When Xur arrived:
1) Helm of Saint 14
2) Nighthawk

Just now:
3) Stag
4) Light Beyond Nemesis

Can't be mad at this at all! Got 1 for each class including a new one for my Lock when I get to use him :D

Top Bottom