• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I don't know as I've been out a little while, but I think the consensus is that it's good now. It wasn't when it first arrived in year 1 but I think they buffed it.

People were actually trying to get the Year 1 version just before TTK hit so they would unlock the Year 2 blueprint; I'd consider that good!

I had the old one and now have the new one too, seems to work really well - no complaints here :)

Cool, thanks. I'll start investing some motes to upgrade it then.

gatti-man

Another thing regarding skill in the raid right now, is that for example the first two bosses don't really require much personal "skill" or at least the definition of it usually used for a shooter.
At no point does anyone say "ok I need you to go over there and solo 8 enemies on your own,perfectly manage your melee and grenade cooldowns AND generate at least 5 orbs of light. If you can't do this,you suck and we wipe".
The game isn't made like that, the game is more about positioning and movement, like "I need you to stand here and look down this way and kill anything that you see. Then once I shout MIDDLE you turn right and run to the middle."

That's basically the MMO mechanics that Destiny uses to keep raids and such from needing "shooter skills" apart from "hit this enemy".

I totally agree with your posts. I don't think it's wrong to expect people to put forth effort in a raid and to leave when people refuse to put in. Like those people who refuse to use heavy ammo synths. That's why I'm so glad they put in dps counters in the wipe screen on the raid. Made the conversation very easy when the numbers are right there no BS.

zewone

Raid ready.

9yflqDh.jpg

I just got 15 marks for a Crucible match and it wasn't the daily.

I joined a Rift game that was 5k to 1k and only 3 people on my team and we got rekt 12k to 2k and mercy and got 15 legendary marks. Maybe for staying?! hah.

Out 1

I just got 15 marks for a Crucible match and it wasn't the daily.

I joined a Rift game that was 5k to 1k and only 3 people on my team and we got rekt 12k to 2k and mercy and got 15 legendary marks. Maybe for staying?! hah.

Was it during the reset? Today's daily is Rift.

Un-fucking-believable.

Pais 31SC for Xur's weapon engram and get a Gjallahorn. Year 1.

This game has the incredible ability of pissing me off in ways no other can.

Ken

There are definitely some DPS checks in the raid but you now have multiple sources of greatly increasing the damage you deal via buffs aka Nightstalker Super, Weapons of Light, that Sunbreaker melee, etc... These are INCREDIBLY helpful in beating the bosses.

As far as I have heard though, Oryx is more about mechanics.

I mean the DPS buff from the "properly detonating 4 orbs thing granting a significant damage bonus" mechanic seems more than enough to meet the DPS check for overall enrage without class specific job buffs. Or at least, I think that's the mechanic from watching the stream.

There is actually a difference between being elitist and acting like a dick.
I think the kind of elitism in regard to this raid is not "your K/D must be this high to raid" but instead it's "are you dedicated enough to figure this shit out,wipe on it for possibly hours and STILL bring your best every try?".

No one wants you to be the best player ever, but you need to be someone who is willing to learn and someone who is willing to get told "you are doing it wrong".

my "personal elitism" is that I want to raid with those kind of players, not with "yo brah i'm just here for phat lootz, don't tell me how to play" players.

The elitism I was talking about was the attitude saying "this raid content is exclusive only to hardcore raiders. Even though they have two modes (one specifically meant for the more hardcore) casuals shouldn't be catered to anyways!" kind of attitude.

Un-fucking-believable.

They are all going to be year 1. That's what it's for, fleshing out year 1 collection. Probably doesn't do a good enough job explaining that before purchasing.

Klyka

Banned
Can anyone who has beaten bosses in the raid please do me a favor:

Please go to Bungie.net and check out how many rewards out of five possible you have gotten in the raid!

Thank you!

Spent another 15 3ofCoins trying to get the Zhalo...and got the Zhalo!

And it is pretty awesome. Chain lightning is dope.

Also got a hunter Alpha Lupi. I am done with the farming.

Makikou

Un-fucking-believable.

You have an incredible ability of pissing yourself off because you didn't bother to read the engram name NOR description.

Juraash

Man I wound up making a ton of progress tonight. Started the day sub 270 and ended it at 286. Starting to see a healthy dose of 293-4 gear. I'm nearly rank 3 with the gunsmith and I have enough scout Rifles to finish that chain super quick. Also have a few 290+ primaries that will feed that exotic class scout. I imaginey character will be raid ready by the end of the weekend.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I found a blueprint for a new ship WUHU

and collecting hadium flakes makes me go crazy right now. can't find any chests after I got 3 ;_;

Klyka

Banned
Btw has anyone noticed this?

There are two things in that picture I need to find an explanation for:

1) It says "Warpriest" "Gorgoloth" "Oryx" CHALLENGE. As if it is something that can change. Does this mean there will be different bosses in different weeks?

2) I have killed two bosses. As far as I am aware, there are 3 actual "bosses" and one like "gatekeeper boss". So...why does it say I only looted one boss? And why are there 5 sqaures for "boss looted"?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Noob. You guys started yet?

Oh I notice that three coins dont go away. I used one but never killed an Ultra, turn off my console and came back hours later with it being there still.

Top Bottom