• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

After exotic farming, I have:

Jade Rabbit
Telesto
Suros Regime 2.0
Monte Carlo
4th Horseman
Invective
Alpha Lupi (Titan)
Alpha Lupi (Hunter)
Obsidian Mind
The Taikonaut
No Backup Plans
Claws of Ahamkara

And a dupe Graviton Forfeit.

Not bad.

After exotic farming, I have:

Jade Rabbit
Telesto
Suros Regime 2.0
Monte Carlo
4th Horseman
Invective
Alpha Lupi (Titan)
Alpha Lupi (Hunter)
Obsidian Mind
The Taikonaut
No Backup Plans
Claws of Ahamkara

And a dupe Graviton Forfeit.

Not bad.

Good haul right there.

I spent all my coins on Xur engrams to get that damn Graviton Forfeit and ended up not getting it :(

Mupod

Quick question for anyone 295+ was it just lucky drops to infuse gear?

I'm 294 (was under 280 before Xur) and I've barely infused at all, I just shamelessly use whatever is highest level and deal with it. I haven't found any legendaries I really like yet so I'm not attached to anything. I have run a lot of strikes and Court of Oryx stuff which is where all my engrams came from.

Was maxing out on marks so I bought a couple engrams from Rahool and he has strangely decided to hook me the fuck up. Got an arc primary exotic and a really high level chest from him.

I'm 294 (was under 280 before Xur) and I've barely infused at all, I just shamelessly use whatever is highest level and deal with it. I haven't found any legendaries I really like yet so I'm not attached to anything. I have run a lot of strikes and Court of Oryx stuff which is where all my engrams came from.

Was maxing out on marks so I bought a couple engrams from Rahool and he has strangely decided to hook me the fuck up. Got an arc primary exotic and a really high level chest from him.

Cool. Thanks for the tips! Seems like it's just the luck of drops at this point...

Bold One

So the loot you can't pick up in missions no longer goes to the post master?

Dont want to be forced to dismantle guns on the fly, there are so many now that have cool firing inertia

wut

Okay, so, used a primary and special telemetry at the same time on two weapons that had no upgrades. One exotic, one legendary. Use 20 motes. The exotic is fully levelled, but not the legendary.

wut

haha go to bed guys.

What a crazy experience ;)

Amazing, amazing experience. Doesn't get any better than that.

We busted out those two encounters real fast. Team ~1st Tried
Warpriest
, lol.

Raid quest spoilers:
I finished that step of the exotic weapon quest but there seems to be a few more steps. Next part requires 50 Hadium Flakes, 50 Weapon Parts, and 25 Wormspore :-/

JayHayabusa

Final farming haul: 54 engrams. Still haven't decoded anything: should I dismantle everything on my Titan? Or split engrams between alts? Like a helm on a Titan can still give a Warlock item? Any tips for smart loot w/r decoding?

I used around 140 3oC.

Klyka

Banned
wut

Okay, so, used a primary and special telemetry at the same time on two weapons that had no upgrades. One exotic, one legendary. Use 20 motes. The exotic is fully levelled, but not the legendary.

wut

the game might put more XP into the exotic and less into the legendary because it thinks you want to level the exotic first.

Final farming haul: 54 engrams. Still haven't decoded anything: should I dismantle everything on my Titan? Or split engrams between alts? Like a helm on a Titan can still give a Warlock item? Any tips for smart loot w/r decoding?

I used around 140 3oC.

WOW.

Well you done and did it now, hogging all the exotic engrams that the entire game has to give out to the entire community of players haha :)

Good work though. Going to be fun to see what you get haha

Amazing, amazing experience. Doesn't get any better than that.

We busted out those two encounters real fast. Team ~1st Tried
Warpriest
, lol.

Raid quest spoilers:
I finished that step of the exotic weapon quest but there seems to be a few more steps. Next part requires 50 Hadium Flakes, 50 Weapon Parts, and 25 Wormspore :-/

True, looking forward to running it again with other classes before reset.

I already have those items Drizzay :p

So I'm stuck at 275, any advice for getting to 295+ as quickly as possible? Really want to do that raid.

Finish the Vanguard Strikes quest (5 playlist strikes, 5 Heroic, 1 Nightfall) to get a 300 light special weapon.

Finish Court of Oryx quest for 300 light artifact. Farm CoO for (hopefully) higher light blues or maybe even purple engrams.

Grind Heroic Strike Playlist, more in a row the better due to increased drop rate when playing multiple strikes in a row

Buy exotic helmet engrams from Xur and/or farm Three of Coins exotic drops for 290 Exotic items

Raybunny

Nice Ray, congrats!

Nah, I was 292 at start and got to 294 by the final boss fight. Every level makes a difference.

By the end of the raid I reached 297, while Drizzay and Unstable both are now 299.

295+ is highly recommended for Oryx boss fight.

yeah it's a known glitch

Not me xD I was happy for you guys!

1 spot for GOLGOROTH!

Imagine checking our raid fights yesterday from all angles :D

the beginning was very adventurous and makes me want to film the Raid cinematically. Hell, the whole game like that would be amazing. I don't want to use the word "machinima" because those are usually corny, but I wish we could do them for Destiny.

I dunno if people saw on the stream, but every time I
landed on the hive tomb ship I'd do a shadestep roll to make it look more realistic
. It's the little things.

True, looking forward to running it again with other classes before reset.

I already have those items Drizzay :p

I wonder how long it will take to level up the alts when transferring the weapons and using unwanted high light armors to infuse stuff.

I need another two shots at that 300+ Light ghost!!!

Nice Ray, congrats!

Nah, I was 292 at start and got to 294 by the final boss fight. Every level makes a difference.

By the end of the raid I reached 297, while Drizzay and Unstable both are now 299.

295+ is highly recommended for Oryx boss fight.

yeah it's a known glitch

Ugh! 294 here! 295 was our highest. We had the mechanics but need levels now.

MrDaravon

Final haul after 141 ToC's used:

Hawkmoon x2
Telestro x2
Hereafter x2
Knucklehead Radar
Empyrean Bellicose
Sealed Ahamkara Grasps x2
Don't Touch Me
Ruin Wings x2
Young Ahamkara's Spine
Skyburner's Annex
Graviton Forfeit
Claws of Ahamkara
Crest of Alpha Lupi x6 (Hunter, all 3 elemental resists on hand now at least)
Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan)
Zhalo Supercell
Helm of Inmost Light
The 4th Horseman x2
Invective x2
Monte Carlo

Mixed feelings because I went in only really wanting or hoping for the Jade Rabbit and the Graviton Forfeit. I got the Graviton Forfeit (and the first Hawkmoon) within 5 minutes, never saw the Jade Rabbit (I really really want an exotic scout rifle, still salty I never got the MIDA after switching over to PS4). Obviously hard to complain, the Zhalo is pretty rad, Hawkmoon is Hawkmoon, and I haven't tried the Monte Carlo yet but with the AR buffs it's probably solid? Also almost every list I've seen from people who have done this a lot is similarly filled with shitlaods of Lupi chests, no idea what's going on there or why the game seems to prioritize that one so much. Maybe because they can roll the elemental resists now?

At the end of the day ToC needs to be adjusted, but I don't think it's super broken. I spent most of my stash of Strange Coins (down to around 90 now) to get the above, and while I got some good shit it's still gambling and time spent. I wound up doing Gatelord because I am terrible a suiciding on Draskis apparently :(. So doing Gatelord was about say 3 minutes a run because of orbit time and everything. If the ToC didn't work on Story bosses, I would have just run Nexus Mind at base difficulty which is 7-8 minutes total with orbit time, maybe even less now with the new gear. Obviously Draksis is even faster, but all people are doing currently is shaving off 5-10 minutes per Ultra "run" which obviously it what it is, but isn't super super broken IMO. I'm still in favor of just having it not work on story bosses as opposed to a timer, but either one will work IMO, I just don't hope they nerf the drop rate because that just penalizes people who don't have huge stashes of Strange Coins. Also at this point anyone who really wants to do this will have been able to get in on it anyway.

I wonder how long it will take to level up the alts when transferring the weapons and using unwanted high light armors to infuse stuff.

Just need 285+ armor on alts and with the weapons from 1st character, base light level would be 290+ easily.

I'm kind of dreading running the raid with my warlock.

Final haul after 141 ToC's used:

Hawkmoon x2
Telestro x2
Hereafter x2
Knucklehead Radar
Empyrean Bellicose
Sealed Ahamkara Grasps x2
Don't Touch Me
Ruin Wings x2
Young Ahamkara's Spine
Skyburner's Annex
Graviton Forfeit
Claws of Ahamkara
Crest of Alpha Lupi x6 (Hunter, all 3 elemental resists on hand now at least)
Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan)
Zhalo Supercell
Helm of Inmost Light
The 4th Horseman x2
Invective x2
Monte Carlo

Mixed feelings because I went in only really wanting or hoping for the Jade Rabbit and the Graviton Forfeit. I got the Graviton Forfeit (and the first Hawkmoon) within 5 minutes, never saw the Jade Rabbit (I really really want an exotic scout rifle, still salty I never got the MIDA after switching over to PS4). Obviously hard to complain, the Zhalo is pretty rad, Hawkmoon is Hawkmoon, and I haven't tried the Monte Carlo yet but with the AR buffs it's probably solid? Also almost every list I've seen from people who have done this a lot is similarly filled with shitlaods of Lupi chests, no idea what's going on there or why the game seems to prioritize that one so much. Maybe because they can roll the elemental resists now?

At the end of the day ToC needs to be adjusted, but I don't think it's super broken. I spent most of my stash of Strange Coins (down to around 90 now) to get the above, and while I got some good shit it's still gambling and time spent. I wound up doing Gatelord because I am terrible a suiciding on Draskis apparently :(. So doing Gatelord was about say 3 minutes a run because of orbit time and everything. If the ToC didn't work on Story bosses, I would have just run Nexus Mind at base difficulty which is 7-8 minutes total with orbit time, maybe even less now with the new gear. Obviously Draksis is even faster, but all people are doing currently is shaving off 5-10 minutes per Ultra "run" which obviously it what it is, but isn't super super broken IMO. I'm still in favor of just having it not work on story bosses as opposed to a timer, but either one will work IMO, I just don't hope they nerf the drop rate because that just penalizes people who don't have huge stashes of Strange Coins. Also at this point anyone who really wants to do this will have been able to get in on it anyway.

If you really want an exotic scout rifle, go for the Boolean Gemini. It's great.

You have to complete all of Variks and Petra's missions to get it.

phen0m24

Just need 285+ armor on alts and with the weapons from 1st character, base light level would be 290+ easily.

I'm kind of dreading running the raid with my warlock.

Watched you guys for a while but I think you were kinda cracking. Flustered, tired and you were really trying to be your usual chipper selves but were having a tough go of it.

This raid doesn't seem like one you start at night and finish before bed. So much going on and so many mechanics to work through. Checkpoints - thankfully.

What did you guys rate it?

Menome

I'm playing catch-up at the moment, having not played since before the release of The Dark Below. Are there a couple of EU PS4 players who would be willing to help me do a few runs of Level 34 PoE at about 8.45pm BST?

Just trying to get some Etheric Light to get my Year One gear up to the best it can be before I go and do the first two Raids, as I never finished VoG and haven't even seen Crota.

BraXzy

Anyone on Xbox who needs a guy for the raid at the daughters?
Does anyone have a raid checkpoint at the jumping puzzle after boss 2 BTW? I missed the chest and would like to grab it.

Seil

If you really want an exotic scout rifle, go for the Boolean Gemini. It's great.

You have to complete all of Variks and Petra's missions to get it.

I want that, too bad it seems there's also a rep requirement because I've done Petra's and Variks missions, including Lost and Found. So it'll be a while til I can get it I guess since there's no consistent method of getting rep.

noomi

Love that they let us use motes for xp, paired with telemetries i leveled:

- Hereafter
- Jade Rabbit
- Telesto
- Zhalo Supercell
- Suros 2.0
- Hawkmoon 2.0
- Bunch of purple armor/weaps

So good

Strider

I'll be raid ready by the end of the day. Level 281 right now...

Really need to find a good primary though besides a hand cannon. Feel like HCs won't be good for the raid

phen0m24

Hey one weird thing for your consideration, GAF. Last night spent a good while with Hawkian and deaf getting flakes and wormspore.

As I did not appear to have an inventory slot open when we got to the tower

There was no wormspore in my inventory.

Check your inventory as you go. Gulp.

I want that, too bad it seems there's also a rep requirement because I've done Petra's and Variks missions, including Lost and Found. So it'll be a while til I can get it I guess since there's no consistent method of getting rep.

Aren't there 3 bounties a day from her? Is that not consistent?

Top Bottom