• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

duck_sauce

Love that they let us use motes for xp, paired with telemetries i leveled:

- Hereafter
- Jade Rabbit
- Telesto
- Zhalo Supercell
- Suros 2.0
- Hawkmoon 2.0
- Bunch of purple armor/weaps

So good

Is there anyother use for mote of light besides leveling items now?

MrDaravon

If you really want an exotic scout rifle, go for the Boolean Gemini. It's great.

You have to complete all of Variks and Petra's missions to get it.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that lol. I haven't had as much time to play this week as some folks (plus I got the expansion a day or two late), I've started both of those questlines but am nowhere near finishing. Haven't even done this Court of Oryx stuff lol. Today is the day I'm hoping to get through a bunch of stuff, I'm at 277 but still haven't knocked out a lot of things yet.

I'll be raid ready by the end of the day. Level 281 right now...

Really need to find a good primary though besides a hand cannon. Feel like HCs won't be good for the raid

try and get that exotic mentioned on the previous page, great for the Raid.

Boolean Gemini

noomi

So is suros 2.0 the only year 2 weapon that actually has a new/different perk?

All other year 2 versions of year 1 weapons seem exactly the same, the only change is higher attack value...

Hedge

The guaranteed legendary from heroic strike, is that one per week per account? Or one per week per character? I know marks are three per week per account, but was wondering about dem purples.

Thanks for the runs Jinjo and Jig. I was super tired at the nightfall but glad we pulled through.

I'm only 30ish marks shy to get a decent legendary weapon. Just not sure which to get.

Also, I'm 163 now. Not included my legendary chest engram I need to decrypt.

feel bad for anyone who got a bunch of exotics yesterday. is there any reason to play a loot game at that point?

like, imagine if you could buy the VoG raid gear when it came out. the game would have dropped off.

i don't know why it irks me so much but the thought of grinding all day for exotics pisses me off. even getting an engram to drop from a strike boss felt wrong.

inb4 "then don't use it", like that excuses me from taking up an issue with it.

Shito

Comgrats to you all in Unstable's group, watched you up until you reached Oryx, and had to call it a night at 5:30am my time.
I'm amazed you sticked to it that long, and I must admit I am now a bit frightened at running this raid one day. :D
Still in my mid 270s so I still have some work to do before I can even consider it, though...

But yeah, you had some bad moments but congrats to you all for being able to recover quickly from the small arguments that are bound to arise after that much time spent on such unforgiving content.

Also, you beat Oryx before that troll on chat did. :D

Jinjo

Got Hereafter from Nightfall! Fuck yeah! Good day! Both Telesto and Hereafter in my collection. Now I don't know what to use lol. Creeping ever closer to light 295.

Deku Tree

Question about the raid: in
the dark maze section after the war priest did anyone find and stand on the four floor marks? Do you get a chest for that? What was in it?

Mupod

Welp, the half day I did on Tuesday has caught up to me and I'm at work on a Saturday. Fortunately there is...very little for me to do here during these 4 hours so I can maybe read up on the raid.

I got randomly invited into a party for it last night right after I hit 290 and I think we were doing the second boss. Seemed pretty interesting and the MMO raider in me is already devising strategies.

We had two guys whose job was to keep the boss taunted and focused on them, but I think those guys should also be in charge of breaking the ceiling orbs. They are the ones who determine the direction the boss is facing and NEED to face his chest towards the puddles of delicious damage-boosting goop on the ground.

Is there any reason you can't just weaken the orbs beforehand so that they look 'cracked' and can easily be brought down by one person on demand?

To elaborate, i'm aware of the fact that Xur has always sold engrams and now he is selling a way to get those engrams in the wild. In actuality, it would be another step between the player and the loot, thereby evening it out. What clearly happened instead however was that people were able to get a ton of different engrams in a short amount of time. Sure it may take longer, but it wouldn't be much different than Xur selling an engram for every weapon and armor slot.

I'd just remove Three of Coins from Xur's inventory and have it be a quest reward, possibly even rewarded by him every weekend.

Maybe it's just me. If Exotics aren't overpowered like Gjallarhorn then they shouldn't be such a rare sighting, especially now that Raid Gear is more coveted than the Exotics. On the flip side of that, it bothers me that they were so easy to obtain. It kills Xur, it kills the replayability, and it kills the bell curve availability of the items.

It's essentially "Cheese Atheon for Mythoclast" all over again.

Nuszka

Afternoon gaf, writing from work here , last night I stayed up till 5 am my time for the raid , feel absolutely wrecked. Have to say everything about this game feels so good :) can't wait to get on that train again tonight , I only need to survive in work .

nOoblet16

Question about the raid: in
the dark maze section after the war priest did anyone find and stand on the four floor marks? Do you get a chest for that? What was in it?
We managed to find three...considering how one of them pretty much requires you to use a ghost to find I am inclined to bieve that there is something.

We didn't know how many there were in total and 3 seemed like a good enough number considering the fireteam is made up of 6. But since nothing happened we decided to leave it for later.

Deku Tree

We managed to find three...considering how one of them pretty much requires you to use a ghost to find I am inclined to bieve that there is something.

We didn't know how many there were in total and 3 seemed like a good enough number considering the fireteam is made up of 6. But since nothing happened we decided to leave it for later.

Did you find
the one where you had to jump in the hole high above the door?

nOoblet16

I thought NF drops were only once per account now?
Someone told me that now you can do three on one character. Since it's tied to your account now rather than characters. So instead of running one each on three characters you can do three on one character.

This is what I was told and no one has contradicted it so far except for you...so now I don't know.

Deku Tree

What are the three exotic scout rifles? I got Jade Rabbit, and Boolean Jemini... What is the third one?

BTW Zoba to me the game is about using the weapons not waiting for months to RNG "playing as intended" the weapon that you want.

Shito

feel bad for anyone who got a bunch of exotics yesterday. is there any reason to play a loot game at that point?

like, imagine if you could buy the VoG raid gear when it came out. the game would have dropped off.

i don't know why it irks me so much but the thought of grinding all day for exotics pisses me off. even getting an engram to drop from a strike boss felt wrong.

inb4 "then don't use it", like that excuses me from taking up an issue with it.
I've spent 6 months trying to get a Horn to drop for me in this "loot game".
This was not fun.
Not one bit.
I feel no shame whatsoever in having spent an afternoon grinding those exotics yesterday. I had fun doing it, and I still have a heck ton of good loot to chase after.
To each its own, I suppose. ^^

I'd just remove Three of Coins from Xur's inventory and have it be a quest reward, possibly even rewarded by him every weekend.
They can drop from the NF, also, rob got some when we did one the day before Xur.
He was like "what do I do with this, is it any good?" before anyone did. :)

Shito I posted your video on IGN's Fireteam Chat Facebook group.

It had over 760 views as of this morning :)
Haha, I'm a youtube star! ^^

What are the three exotic scout rifles? I got Jade Rabbit, and Boolean Jemini... What is the third one?

BTW Zoba to me the game is about using the weapons not waiting for months to RNG "playing as intended" the weapon that you want.

So you're okay with people getting every exotic in the first week of the game?

nOoblet16

Did you find
the one where you had to jump in the hole high above the door?
Yes..that's the one that requires you to use a ghost to find it.

Also I don't understand why so many people ended up watching other people raid. I thought most wanted to solve the puzzles themselves and go blind. I never saw Stable's stream and neither did anyone from my team. Getting even one stage done felt so good knowing you figured it out. :p

Kyoufu

Someone told me that now you can do three on one character. Since it's tied to your account now rather than characters. So instead of running one each on three characters you can do three on one character.

This is what I was told and no one has contradicted it so far except for you...so now I don't know.

NF hasn't changed, just weekly heroics. Still have to do them on each character.

I've spent 6 months trying to get a Horn to drop for me in this "loot game".
This was not fun.
Not one bit.
I feel no shame whatsoever in having spent an afternoon grinding those exotics yesterday. I had fun doing it, and I still have a heck ton of good loot to chase after.
To each its own, I suppose. ^^

I didn't say the old system was perfect, but the new system is better and then Three of Coins came in and fucked it up not 3 days later.

The game needs a smart loot system that rewards the player for playing, but also offers avenues for those to obtain the items through other means (i.e. a weekly vendor).

Grinding a story boss all day is loot cave levels of stupid, only the loot cave didn't break the game.

Top Bottom