• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Oryx Raid anyone? Oryx CP. I think we need 295+ as far as ive seen

1) Me, Tec
2) Ape
3) Ambi/Flocki
4) Rene
5)
6)

2 more for Oryx? WE CAN DO THIS!

Klyka

Banned
does really no one have an opinion on this??

Btw has anyone noticed this?
xHSibhP.jpg

There are two things in that picture I need to find an explanation for:

1) It says "Warpriest" "Gorgoloth" "Oryx" CHALLENGE. As if it is something that can change. Does this mean there will be different bosses in different weeks?

2) I have killed two bosses. As far as I am aware, there are 3 actual "bosses" and one like "gatekeeper boss". So...why does it say I only looted one boss? And why are there 5 sqaures for "boss looted"?

jacket320

My exotic drop rate is way less than advertised ~13% rather than the ~20-25 that I've seen posted around the web. Anyone else having similar bad luck?

Edit: not complaining though really, this was an unexpected boost this weekend

Pollux

I'm lvl 32 and keep doing the ToC exploit on that house of wolves kell...no drops and no rewards. What am I doing wrong here?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Exotic thing is an exploit for certain, but it doesn't really give you any advantage over anyone else. Not sure why some of you are so upset by it.

Exotic thing is an exploit for certain, but it doesn't really give you any advantage over anyone else. Not sure why some of you are so upset by it.

Because there is nothing wrong with the exotic loot system right now, unlike the Legendary Mark system. Rather than fixing that, Bungie has to patch an exploit instead

Maybe if we could actually upgrade our old shit we wouldn't need to kill a level 14 story boss a hundred times to get new shit. I have yet to hit the Legendary Mark cap.

Because there is nothing wrong with the exotic loot system right now. Meanwhile, Legendary Marks are being handled poorly and Bungie has to patch some dumb exploit instead of that.

The legendary marks should be dropped for just playing PVP matches like it did before when we had cruciable marks.
I feel sad for the gamer that only plays PVP. Not everyone enjoys the PVE stuff.

Tsosie

Because there is nothing wrong with the exotic loot system right now, unlike the Legendary Mark system. Rather than fixing that, Bungie has to patch an exploit instead

Maybe if we could actually upgrade our old shit we wouldn't need to kill a level 14 story boss a hundred times to get new shit. I have yet to hit the Legendary Mark cap.

I did not realize there was a mark cap. What is it?

Klyka

Banned
It's a quest to complete the raid and kill the 3 bosses.

Loot progress is for the 5 parts of the raid:

opening the portal
Warpriest
Golgoroth
Daughters of Oryx
Oryx

So why did I get loot for the first three parts but it only shows me as having received one loot?

Also, that's not a quest there. Those are skull modifiers.

So why did I get loot for the first three parts but it only shows me as having received one loot?

Also, that's not a quest there. Those are skull modifiers.

Just shows you the 3 bosses in the raid, that's all. There is also a quest that gives you a
310 artifact
for beating the raid.

Loot progression is bugged I guess. Mine also shows 1/5 looted even though I beat the full raid.

Tsosie

You can only hold 200 but there's no limit on how much you can earn.

Maybe I'm just clueless (frankly I feel completely lost in this expansion) but I doubt I've even earned 200 marks yet.

I have had no problem getting marks yet. I am having a problem finding stuff to spend them on though. I have not determined what my endgame spec is going to be yet, so I have not bought any legendaries.

Why do you guys insist on ruining the game for yourselves by chasing exploits?

I guess its a "high" for certain gamers

EDIT: I only quoted you to build on the point you made lol

Kalamari

But you can't get every exotic in the game using 3 of coins. There are many that are rewards for quests, and likely one which requires a drop from hard mode raid. They are only level 290 as well, it's not like you are getting exotics that let you roflstomp the majority of the game like IB or GH.

I feel like the new leveling mechanic allows more gear to be given out while not breaking the game like year 1 gear did. Of course that's partly due to there not being any overpowered gear, that we know of.

I have had no problem getting marks yet. I am having a problem finding stuff to spend them on though. I have not determined what my endgame spec is going to be yet, so I have not bought any legendaries.

I'm not worried about specs yet. Just wanted to get my Light up so that I wouldn't be underleveled. Perhaps I brought it upon myself because I spent marks to infuse the gear I liked wearing rather than go with what was always higher. Nevertheless, I don't like that I can't just play whatever I want and earn them especially when everything costs so much.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Titans once again prove they are the best in PVE. That is why I went Titan. Bubbles are too invaluable for certain things. And it will be for 9 more years.

rNilla

Not gonna lie, kind of bummed to be missing out on raid shenanigans. Not bummed to be missing 12 hour raid sessions though. :)

I wasn't keen on the Nightstalker going into the game because I didn't want to give up offensive capabilities to be a support class.

But the Nightstalker is so good at manipulating the playing field that it's hard to imagine myself playing anything else. It's like they have a solution in their bag of tricks for any situation.

Top Bottom