• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Deku Tree

Next raid a GAF team should be the first to beat the raid!

Lets make it happen!

Apparently the versus stream had the raid virtually beat about fifteen minutes before Team Goth finished it. Although I think no where near as many people were watching them (almost no one was watching them by comparison to Goths numbers).
And the versus crew was apparently celebrating beating the raid, and they were caught off guard by a final last second oryx final super low health auto enrage type wipe mechanic that set them back omg.

TheTurboFD

What the hell is up with my sunbreaker subclass grenade not sticking to people? I keeps bouncing off of people and it's seriously frustrating.

Anyone figure out the Long john silver talk like a pirate thing? Gotta get a new emblem today!

I tried Arr-Arr-Arr, and Har-Har-Har, didn't work. And I'm locked out, fuuuuuu....

Bolded is the key point. That's what I mean by excel. It has to be a unique attribute, not a "good" attribute. People can play great with everything. I'm talking about the mechanics and abilities in a vacuum, separated from specific people using them.

The uniqueness is that one Nightstalker can do six people's jobs.

Future

That loot trick is still rng limited though. Tried to farm exotics and didn't get one after 30 minutes, so I just gave up. I think only hardcore destiny GAF and reddit will abuse it too much

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So in order to get Court rewards I have to use a rune? I have a bunch of time and most of them say kill this and that.

Klyka

Banned
Apparently the versus stream had the raid virtually beat about fifteen minutes before Team Goth finished it. Although I think no where near as many people were watching them (almost no one was watching them by comparison to Goths numbers).
And the versus crew was apparently celebrating beating the raid, and they were caught off guard by a final last second oryx final super low health auto enrage type wipe mechanic that set them back omg.

Yep and guess what?

In the Goth stream before they beat it, someone said out loud
"I heard there is a SURPRISE coming, don't forget, an enemy is only dead if you see the grimoire pop!"

So,yeah,that guy heard about it and so they didn't get caught off guard.

rNilla

Anyone figure out the Long john silver talk like a pirate thing? Gotta get a new emblem today!

I tried Arr-Arr-Arr, and Har-Har-Har, didn't work. And I'm locked out, fuuuuuu....

I forgot about this. I'm surprised the community at large hasn't cracked it yet (or maybe they have).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm almost 280 and not sure what to do with my marks. I may get year 2 obsidian mind since it will be fun with zhalo but I'm not sure

GlamFM

Banned
Taken Assault: Venus

or

The taken War: Mars

anybody?

I keep running into empty planets and I just can´t solo it :(

Runes are the way to go.

Great spot to farm better gear.

I am using a Tier 3 in an hours time or so if you want to join in.

I´m down for that! Can you invite me? PSN is GlamFM

Klyka

Banned
I wonder what 6 stormlock supers at once would look like.

psn-error-ps4-launch-640x360.jpg

That loot trick is still rng limited though. Tried to farm exotics and didn't get one after 30 minutes, so I just gave up. I think only hardcore destiny GAF and reddit will abuse it too much

I'd expect most year one Destiny players should have had enough coins to accrue 2-5 exotics based on how much time they put into it.

Fortunately, they were engrams so item rarity was still locked behind another dice roll.

Yep and guess what?

In the Goth stream before they beat it, someone said out loud
"I heard there is a SURPRISE coming, don't forget, an enemy is only dead if you see the grimoire pop!"

So,yeah,that guy heard about it and so they didn't get caught off guard.

Yeah exactly. Big Twitch streamers are plugged into all that stuff, it's just part of the process. Nothing against it, and I'm sure they kicked serious ass to do what they did. A 7 (?) hour world's first isn't surprising to me with a properly geared team that communicates well and executes. It doesn't take that long to parse the mechanics but optimizing them and then getting the perfect run is tricky.

End of raid spoiler. Don't click unless you really don't care:

That last second "back from the dead" mechanic is straight garbage. It got us once as well, although not because we were celebrating. We just didn't expect him to do what he did since he'd never used that ability in that position before. It's just a BS "gotcha" surprise at the end of a very tough fight that throws the encounter's rules out the window. Terrible idea, my least favorite part of the entire raid.

Dalek

I'm starting to run out of vault space, 2 questions:

1. Should I just break down all these Year One armors? I'll never wear them again. Is there any need to keep them?

2. With the exotic blueprints, if I break down a year one exotic that I've leveled up...when I use a shard again to pull it from the blueprint is it leveled or base stats?

Klyka

Banned
Yeah exactly. Big Twitch streamers are plugged into all that stuff, it's just part of the process. Nothing against it, and I'm sure they kicked serious ass to do what they did. A 7 (?) hour world's first isn't surprising to me with a properly geared team that communicates well and executes. It doesn't take that long to parse the mechanics but optimizing them and then getting the perfect run is tricky.

End of raid spoiler. Don't click unless you really don't care:

That last second "back from the dead" mechanic is straight garbage. It got us once as well, although not because we were celebrating. We just didn't expect him to do what he did since he'd never used that ability in that position before. It's just a BS "gotcha" surprise at the end of a very tough fight that throws the encounter's rules out the window. Terrible idea, my least favorite part of the entire raid.

Can I be honest?

I think it's good that it caught you once. I think that's what it's supposed to be, a one time thing that catches you totally off guard because thematically that's what Oryx is doing in universe. You beat him, you used all your counter tactics against what he threw at you and he is at the very very VERY last sliver of his existence. And in that desperate moment, he throws his one last trump card at you.

I think it's a pretty great moment because let's be honest, this one wipe? It ultimately means nothing. But that one little feeling of "HOLY SHIT WHAT I DID NOT EXPECT THAT OMGGGG"? That's priceless.

Man the Zhalo wrecks in pvp has hammer forged and or rifled barrel plus the lightning chain is freakin ridiculous!!!
might be a patch incoming

That being said the legendary marks are killing Rift; there's always a group of people there soley for legendary marks and could less about the objective

Lyonaz

Man why does everyone with a sword think they are invincible in strikes? I always laugh when I see them charging in, atleast wait for my Shadowshot..

But lol at blocking machinegun fire and cutting people down. Sooooo good! Blocking with sword in crucible is fun, people never expect it.

Mupod

I actually think it's weird/interesting how you guys insist on going in fresh to the raids, including not wanting to read up on loot. Every MMO I've played if you go into any encounter with that 'I want to see everything firsthand' mindset you are considered lazy/a detriment. I got this a lot from my own WoW guild, but they didn't really care because I learned encounters faster than almost everyone, even going in blind. My FF14 static was pretty relaxed about it though, tanks generally had an easy job in that game regardless.

Klyka

Banned
I actually think it's weird/interesting how you guys insist on going in fresh to the raids, including not wanting to read up on loot. Every MMO I've played if you go into any encounter with that 'I want to see everything firsthand' mindset you are considered lazy/a detriment. I got this a lot from my own WoW guild, but they didn't really care because I learned encounters faster than almost everyone, even going in blind. My FF14 static was pretty relaxed about it though, tanks generally had an easy job in that game regardless.

Destiny isn't really the game you need to take super crazy serious all the time and the encounters kinda play out properly no matter what you do.

Unless you go DAS UBER CHEESE of course

Top Bottom