• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Any suggestions on a sniper rifle and heavy weapon I should save up marks for? I'm still running blues in those slots, but if there's something really good out there I'd happily infuse it up.

I'm out of marks right now regardless but I'd like to keep something in mind.

The 1000 yard stare from the vanguard has a stupid amount of aim assist and I think rolls out of the box with firefly (or maybe it was a quest reward, I don't remember). Either way it's the best PvE sniper right now IMO. The Raid sniper I got sucks in comparison.

Okay can some please tell me where I can get a Stolen rune, aside from buying it (I'm not close to rank 5)?

Every video or CoO guide keeps saying shit like "tier 1 and 2 runes are common and you won't have trouble finding them blah blah"

I've done more then 20 tier 1 events (half of them I summoned) and participated in about 10 tier 2 events that others started.

I STILL DONT HAVE A STOLEN RUNE AHHH

definitely not common. you can get them from random chests, tier 2 court of oryx reward, eris faction rank up or buy from eris for 20 black wax idols

Any suggestions on a sniper rifle and heavy weapon I should save up marks for? I'm still running blues in those slots, but if there's something really good out there I'd happily infuse it up.

I'm out of marks right now regardless but I'd like to keep something in mind.

1000 yard stare is a beast of a sniper

for heavy, get the sword!

Frenden

Banned
The 1000 yard stare from the vanguard has a stupid amount of aim assist and I think rolls out of the box with firefly (or maybe it was a quest reward, I don't remember). Either way it's the best PvE sniper right now IMO. The Raid sniper I got sucks in comparison.

I have one with Shortgaze/Ambush, Quickdraw, and Spray and Play (not a perfect roll, but a serviceable one) and I love it.

definitely not common. you can get them from random chests, tier 2 court of oryx reward, eris faction rank up or buy from eris for 20 black wax idols

Even the common chests on the dreadnaught that don't require a key?

Because I farmed the glitch chest for 30 hadium flakes ._.

I have like 200 strange coins and I am tempted to do the 3oC trick some more. . but I want to keep my coins for Xur. . .geez I can't complain I got a good haul.

But I didn't get the electric auto rifle or the fusion rifle.

Deku Tree

Going by the grimoire, then the only exotic weapons that I still need to RNG are Zahalo and First Curse. I think Xur will sell both of them soon enough to so I'm not gonna stress it. I'll just use some 3oC when playing normally and otherwise not worry about it. Did a lot of 3oC farming yesterday and I'm really happy about what I got (loving my Jade Rabbit that Xurs not gonna sell) but I ain't gonna do that farm anymore lol.

Seems like 3oC is the main way to get exotics now. If Xur alternates between armor one week and weapons the next week. And I guess next week he will sell an exotic weapon plus a exotic primary/secondary weapon engram of some kind.

Doesn't seem like there is any exotic heavy engram. And I'm still not sure what are the three unknown exotic heavies in the kiosk or how to get them, and I don't see their grimoire cards anywhere either. The exotic fusion heavy goes in the special slot in the kiosk right?

Marvel

could never
Snagged a Hawkmoon from a legendary engram, infused it and now it's sitting at 294. I HAVE WAITED SO LOOOOONG FOR IT

Nuszka

Group for Gorgoroth and forth.

1. Raybunzy
2. Toasty

I can join up if there is still a free spot, send an invite on psn when you get a full group. Got to the same spot last night but had to bail as it was way to late for me. Will use a lock at 293

Wallach

Yea nobody is going to be doing Court of Oryx for long. It's too easy to troll and cost somebody their runes. I saw some people waiting outside while I summoned and then they'd come in to summon theirs and leave again.

Far as I can tell runes aren't consumed unless the chest opens.

Mupod

1000 yard stare is a beast of a sniper

for heavy, get the sword!

I've been seeing that sniper rifle in PVP a lot so it was what I had in mind too. Will start saving for it then.

Forgot about the swords since I still don't have one somehow. No time for quests but my weekend finally starts in an hour.

Raybunny

Did I share my epic loot from the raid?

would love to but i'm done for the day...can't play any more, just ask drizzay or stabie :p

are you stuck somewhere? i can tell you how w (eventually) beat it.

Drizz explained us the fights and we wreck it until gorgo. Driz had to go (crazy dude) and we lost 2 members. I am not stuck per sea since we only had 2 chances at gorgo before ppl had to go. Just hard to find ppl free for it.

arimanius

Haven't played since a couple of weeks after HoW dropped. Bought TTK because of the impression threads here. Got my Titan to 281and I have to say I'm highly impressed with what they've done with the game. So much better now. It being easier to advance alone makes it a lot better. Kudos to Bungie.

Now to try my hunter and that sexy bow.

Going by the grimoire, then the only exotic weapons that I still need to RNG are Zahalo and First Curse. I think Xur will sell both of them soon enough to so I'm not gonna stress it.

First curse is apparently a quest reward, you can't get it from an engram. Just like Sleeper stimulant and No time to explain.

I've been seeing that sniper rifle in PVP a lot so it was what I had in mind too. Will start saving for it then.

Forgot about the swords since I still don't have one somehow. No time for quests but my weekend finally starts in an hour.

the quest is super easy. get it from shaxx and all you have to do is give him some materials and motes and he will give you a sword

later on you can also get an exotic sword!

Deku Tree

First curse is apparently a quest reward, you can't get it from an engram. Just like Sleeper stimulant and No time to explain.

Oh nice so I only need to RNG Zhalao. Sweet! I think Xur is eithe gonna sell Zhalao or Darth Suros next week... Really hoping its Zhalao.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay the Jade Rabbit scout rifle is pretty amazing. That perk is SO GOOD. Once you get used to mixing body shots with precision shots, you can just fire so long without a reload. I think this is going to be a go-to gun for a lot of people.

noomi

Did I share my epic loot from the raid?

would love to but i'm done for the day...can't play any more, just ask drizzay or stabie :p

are you stuck somewhere? i can tell you how w (eventually) beat it.

Awesome man, I wonder if the weapon attack values are random, I got a heavy machine gun with 309 attack, havent seena weapons over 306 yet...

Also, i was asked to spoiler my pics yesterday, are we free to post loot pics now?

traveler

Not Wario
Nooblet and I had a raid group yesterday that progressed to the second proper boss of the raid-
Golgoroth
. We're giving two of our raid members a chance to get online to play, but when we ended yesterday, I know at least one of them said they might not be available today. If they don't show up, we'll need two more for King's Fall- anyone interested in being a standby if they don't show up in the next 30 - 45 minutes? 2nd boss onwards only.

It tells you to complete the mission "cayde's stash". so you select the mission "cayde's stash" and don't go into patrol :)

It's a perk that creates more orbs.
But then patrol has a green marker on it telling me to go there for some reason which is never explained when I actually go :s

Namikaze1

Awesome man, I wonder if the weapon attack values are random, I got a heavy machine gun with 309 attack, havent seena weapons over 306 yet...

Also, i was asked to spoiler my pics yesterday, are we free to post loot pics now?
Nope. Not till Friday. I believe we have to spoiler anything raid related even drops for a week.

yeah they are random for both weapons and armor, ranging from 300-310

these items have been data mined and posted long ago, not sure if spoiler is required but i'll do it anyway..

Nooblet and I had a raid group yesterday that progressed to the second proper boss of the raid-
Golgoroth
. We're giving two of our raid members a chance to get online to play, but when we ended yesterday, I know at least one of them said they might not be available today. If they don't show up, we'll need two more for King's Fall- anyone interested in being a standby if they don't show up in the next 30 - 45 minutes? 2nd boss onwards only.

Group for Gorgoroth and forth.

1. Raybunzy
2. Toasty

Anyone?

there you go

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I need 3 freaking strange coins and just don't get them -_- I played for hours different modi.

I have ilvl 248 so I can't do the Vanguard Heroic Playlist >.<"

also I reaaally need one of those Ceres Galliot ships. they look sexy

Top Bottom