• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

RetroMG

What kind of swords did people get? I usually run a Bladedancer... should I go arc because that's my class? Or something else for variety?

I need 3 freaking strange coins and just don't get them -_- I played for hours different modi.

I have ilvl 248 so I can't do the Vanguard Heroic Playlist >.<"

also I reaaally need one of those Ceres Galliot ships. they look sexy

do poe 28 - the small chest almost always give out a couple of strange coins

do bounties and turn them in - they also give out random coins and motes

neoism

seriously what the fuck are heroic strikes randomly picked... ive gotten fucking echo chamber 4 times in a row...

wtf

Dave_6

I went around, wish I chose solar though. Because you know.... burning inferno sword xD

I went for an Arc one but Void and Solar seem to be more popular. When I finally get to that quest with my two alts I'll have one of each I guess.

Dante316

Ohhh I had no idea u could buy stolen runes from eris, I'm at rank 4 with her. I get off work in less then 4 hrs. Will see what can be done. Damm this game is huge lol,

Mupod

the quest is super easy. get it from shaxx and all you have to do is give him some materials and motes and he will give you a sword

later on you can also get an exotic sword!

the dreadnaught patrol started to piss me off with all the unexplained/obtuse nonsense so I stopped. I ended up with about 11 hadium before that though.

On that subject can someone please explain to me how the locked chests in there work? I thought I'd figured it out when I got a named rune drop from a random Knight and used it on what looked like a chest with the same name. Then nothing happened. I guess it wasn't a chest, and summoned a mob but didn't tell me WHERE the mob was.

Caja 117

I usually dont post around here and I like Destiny a lot, But I have to say, it is just incredible the amount of hate this game gets, nothing Bungie does it seem to be positive in the eye of some, I dont want to sound cold, but Im glad bungie locked some content behind the DLC, in my Halo Reach days it drove me insane that the money I paid for the DLC was money wasted because 343 or Bungie decided not to make some of the most important playlist DLC required, so I was stuck with maps that no one had and thus never appeared in the MP. Not to mention Why should someone that not investing the same amount of money as me have he same privileges I do? sorry if I coming of as entitled with this.

What kind of swords did people get? I usually run a Bladedancer... should I go arc because that's my class? Or something else for variety?

As far as I can tell, being hit with the element of your sword makes you take more damage, so that's what I used to decide what I'd go with.

With Arc, you can't block psion waves, most fallen, or fallen skiffs
With Solar, you can't block hob goblin snipers, cabal small arms and rockets, or devil walker blasts
With Void, you can't block ogres, goblins, acoltyes, minotaurs or hydras.

Well, you can block them, but you take more damage when you do (and I think large explosions from the same element stun you), so it's a bad idea. In the gif on the previous page, you saw me clash a sol edge with other sol edge and it stunned me. I don't know if that's because it was the same element or just a mechanic behind it, but that's something I'd keep in mind.

After the stun, I blocked a void machine gun. If it was a solar machine gun, I would have died.

edit will just post it again

giphy.gif

Nooblet and raid group I wont be making the run ... Have been moving the last few days and I have to have everything out of my old place today so I won't be available if at all til later on this evening...

Good luck guys

the dreadnaught patrol started to piss me off with all the unexplained/obtuse nonsense so I stopped. I ended up with about 11 hadium before that though.

On that subject can someone please explain to me how the locked chests in there work? I thought I'd figured it out when I got a named rune drop from a random Knight and used it on what looked like a chest with the same name. Then nothing happened. I guess it wasn't a chest, and summoned a mob but didn't tell me WHERE the mob was.

place a wormsinger rune in on of the pedestals in the caves on patrol, it will give you a bounty to kill 50 enemies, and summon a boss on completion, which will award you with a random key

X-Frame

Anyone have a Tier 3 Court of Oryx rune that I can tag along with to complete the Eris quest?

I'm 293 Light. PSN X-Frame. Thanks!

Deku Tree

So there is only one Tier 3 CoO?

We did it three times yesterday (failed the first two times because we didn't realize what we had to do yet)... And the one we did seemed more like a gear check than having "raid mechanics". The mechanics in the other Tier 1-2 CoOs were more complicated.

Tier 3 we did:
kill the massive health ultra ogre, then everyone rapid fire DPS kill the wizard before the wizard respawns the Ogre.

Namikaze1

I have no tier 3 rune. Just letting the folks planning to join me know. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long Guardian career. Skills that make me a nightmare for enemies like the Taken.

Afro cancelled his appointment to Raid with us.

Raids are srs business.
More like I don't want to find a new person, because someone got their rewards already and doesn't want to do it again for free.

And it kinda ruins it for the others who wanna do it blind.

DjRalford

I have no tier 3 rune. Just letting the folks planning to join me know. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long Guardian career. Skills that make me a nightmare for enemies like the Taken.

Selling yourself well guardian

rNilla

I played some Rumble last night for some unknown reason. Tried to do Holiday's Chaperone bounty for kicks. My last match I won with a 2.33 KD ratio but my percentage was at 6. I'm pretty sure it was not at 0 when I started the match. Wut? I think I'll put this bounty on hold for a while.

Top Bottom