• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Dalek

Posting for new page because I didn't get an answer-

I'm starting to run out of vault space, 2 questions:

1. Should I just break down all these Year One armors? I'll never wear them again. Is there any need to keep them?

2. With the exotic blueprints, if I break down a year one exotic that I've leveled up...when I use a shard again to pull it from the blueprint is it leveled or base stats?

Sullichin

I want Zalo Supercel badly, that is my job today, waste he rest of my coins for this

what for? he doesn't give out Engrams for Free. the 3oC are working as intended with chance involved.

Draksis shouldn't be patch IMO. Or else that would affect the way checkpoints function
3OC should only work on strike bosses or above. ~1/5 chance of getting an exotic after a strike is good enough and way better than what the game ever offered before. Exploiting the save/checkpoint system so you can kill a piss easy "boss" without it counting as a checkpoint is surely not how they intended this to play out. It's really lame.

Kaversmed

Every time I infuse a legendary with a blue, I always feel it's a crap shoot on the new defense/attack number. This makes me hesitant to use a high numbered blue (when it's my only one) on a lower number legendary for fear it will knock me down too much in light level. Is there a variable in the equation or is the result always the same?

Any calculators out there?

They way infusion is calculated is if you take 80% of the difference between the low defense/attack item and the high defense/attack item and add that to the low defense/attack item.

Like this:

200 defense item - 100 defense item = 100
80% of that is 80.
80 + 100 (defense item) = 180 (new defense value)

I'm no math teacher so excuse me if my explanation sucks xD

GlamFM

Banned
Posting for new page because I didn't get an answer-

I'm starting to run out of vault space, 2 questions:

1. Should I just break down all these Year One armors?

2. With the exotic blueprints, if I break down a year one exotic that I've leveled up...when I use a shard again to pull it from the blueprint is it leveled or base stats?

1. Yes.

2. No. Unleveled. Who cares though - see 1.

Raid Spoliers!

is the shade always after you damage him twice? If so we just need to kill the shade and we are good?

It's based on his HP, not the number of damage cycles. If you're at/below half health after two cycles then you got it in the bag. You'll get teleported and have to kill the shade every time you finish a DPS window from that point on. Should be 4 total damage cycles most likely, which would fit perfectly with the Enrage timer.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The armsday orders are they worth it? will they be decent numbers or crap? Current weapons are all 263.

X-Frame

Did you solo Petra's quest line (with the champions and such)? If so, how easy/difficult was it?

I had to solo a few of them which are a bitch when it's a Taken Captain champion who spawns with other captains and then you have to dodge 62 balls of blinding death constantly.

Honestly, just use Gjallarhorn on them, makes it much much easier.

It's based on his HP, not the number of damage cycles. If you're at/below half health after two cycles then you got it in the bag. You'll get teleported and have to kill the shade every time you finish a DPS window from that point on. Should be 4 total damage cycles most likely, which would fit perfectly with the Enrage timer.

Good to know! Thanks! We are getting there now! Closer!

BraXzy

Finally gotten to
Oryx but damn I'm so worn out just the idea of the fight seems daunting :|

Problem is I ideally I need to be at least light level 295 but I got pretty much 0 drops from the raid to bump me up so I'm stuck at 292 and don't know what to do D:

noomi

Daughters of Oryx
and yep we are

Cool, same as us, will try to finish it up this weekend. Way too tired to continue right now.

Last 4 days have been really crazy with work/life/destiny, im exhausted. I think ive been getting like 3 hours of sleep a night these last few days lol.

Going to take a nice 2 hour power nap. See you later DGAF.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
This quest to unlock the weekly crucible stuff is just so.... so much

doing this with randoms is physically painful

Deku Tree

The armsday orders are they worth it? will they be decent numbers or crap? Current weapons are all 263.

They are probably 280 legendary weapons that you can infuse. Worth it to buy them in case the perks and stats are good, since glimmer is easy to come by.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Oh so no one have had deliveries yet?

giphy.gif

Top Bottom