• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Tecnniqe

Banned
Pre-Post in case we dont beat oryx in the next hour and a half. 1.5 hours for you people.

Any 1 member for Oryx? We could need a backup in case we dont make it in that time.

There's nothing wrong with getting exotic engrams from bosse, but I do not think an item that increases the chances for end-game gear to drop should be purchasable in large quantities and applicable to easy missions. That is beyond broken.

The cooldown will alleviate people exploiting the easy boss suicide glitch.

But I mostly agree with you. It shouldn't be applicable in large quantities and it definitely shouldn't be usable in easy missions! I assumed it can only be used for strikes haha. These should also be (at least mostly) earned not xurned. Xur could sell 1 pack per character per week. And/or you can do quests to obtain more. Yes we earned our strange coins but thats like saying we earned our glimmer so let us buy all the exotics upfront, basically.

There should also be a limit on how many helmet engrams you could buy from Xur a week but that's a different subject, slightly, and most people probably wouldn't agree.

With that being said, I don't know if I'm "lucky" but I've played about 12 PvP matches since TTK released and 75% of them my end game reward was somewhere between 1-3 strange coins. And I saw 2-3 people get the same thing most of the time. They seem easier to obtain now. Personally I'd rather get higher light gear drops but I think they did that on purpose so we wouldn't level up as fast in that area so they made coins appear more. I could be wrong since it's a tiny sample size.

Hmm I'm playing one of the post campaign missions called Fear's Embrace and I'm not a fan of this mission at all.

What I'm assuming is the final part is the culmination of everything that annoys me about the way Bungie designs their campaign (particularly the enemy weaponry). That's the fact that every other enemy has a projectile that covers half the screen and every time, it makes contact with you the screen shakes. There is no reason for your screen to be shaking all the damn time. The boss is shooting huge fireballs at you, so are the Minotaurs, the phalanxes and don't forget that you're also being sniped somewhere across the screen. It was also a damn annoyance in the old Halo games with the grunts and the freaking fuel rod guns. It just becomes disorientating really fast.

Also they just throw way too many enemies at you at once. With the other mechanics you have to deal with in the room, they should have reduced the enemies by at least a third. It's not like I've been banging my head against the wall and failing. I played it twice and I immediately hated the way that encounter is structured. UGH!!

BraXzy

Hmm. Which class should I level up next out of my Warlock and Titan? I've got two Exotic engrams (Arm and chest) that I think I will give them to open for a head start.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone is doing Court of Oryx, pls invite me. I am around 290ish.

PSN: Ultrajari

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Thanks Draksis.

91398,imageRMOCN.jpg

i'm so fucking annoyed. this mic wont work and you guys already know what's going on with this fight now. it's the ogre shit all over again where i go in not knowing anything and not being able to hear anybody.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I think I have all the RNG weapons. There's still a ton of blueprints I have not unlocked. Making it available using the quest chain is the best decision Bungie has made.

BraXzy

Ugh I really really can't decide on my next class. I don't want to spend ages working on it and going eh I wanna swap xD

Wallach

Been using my 3oC in the Vanguard playlist, and have gotten 3 more drops since my Zhalo. Two were some Hunter and Warlock crap that I put back where they belong (the dumpster), but the last one was a Y2 Monte Carlo. Man this thing shreds, and as a Sunbreaker you turn into a Melting Point machine. Was it this good in Y1? The base stats seem abnormally high, even compared to the Zhalo.

Hmm. Which class should I level up next out of my Warlock and Titan? I've got two Exotic engrams (Arm and chest) that I think I will give them to open for a head start.

Hey, exotic engrams can turn into any of the 3 classes, regardless of which class opens it. But to answer your question, I'd go for which new subclass you think is more fun! I get wrecked by them fairly easily in PvP. I'm going to do Warlock next personally.

Sullichin

Been using my 3oC in the Vanguard playlist, and have gotten 3 more drops since my Zhalo. Two were some Hunter and Warlock crap that I put back where they belong (the dumpster), but the last one was a Y2 Monte Carlo. Man this thing shreds, and as a Sunbreaker you turn into a Melting Point machine. Was it this good in Y1? The base stats seem abnormally high, even compared to the Zhalo.
It was pretty good before the AR patches. Now it's good again. It's excellent for hip fire too

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I want that Y2 Monte Carlo bad for my Sealed Ahamkara nightstalker build. I'll have to spend the marks if I don't get one to drop for me.

I dont know what im doing different than you guys but i got as many greens as i got exotics, popped on coin before each kill.

I got a total of 3 exotics over like 30 chances.

nOoblet16

Need one more for Golgoroth and forward, also would appreciate help from anyone who's already done it. (Preferably light 290 and higher)

squadr0n

Anyone looking to do some of the harder content (Weekly Strike, Heroic, or any of the Taken War) on PS4 send me an invite!

Level 40 Warlock Light 265
PSN: Squadon

Hedge

So if I haven't done a heroic on a character that week, and I run a strike that has a specific class item (for example the flayer cloaks), does this mean that it will increase the chances of getting that item?

zewone

I dont know what im doing different than you guys but i got as many greens as i got exotics, popped on coin before each kill.

I got a total of 3 exotics over like 30 chances.

30 is not a lot.

I probably did 200+ and I know people who did more.

InFamy

Neo Member
I've added more people to my friends list through Destiny then the whole time I've had me PS3. Especially through strikes and the Court of Oryx.

Top Bottom