• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT31| The Courted Oryx (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

SkylineRKR

Guess I got lucky and got Y2 Hawkmoon and Last word and all my Y1 Warlock chest pieces except for the crappy eagle one

Y2 hawkmoon is my first Y2 exotic. Its funny as Y1 was the last of the OG exotics I got, and it was the weapon I wanted the most but never dropped.

But its still a beast, no problem taking names with it in Crucible.

Shito

Some of my friends are planning of trying out the raid tomorrow.
They need a 6th.
They are telling me "250 light level minimum".

Dd5wGHq.jpg

SkylineRKR

I want that Y2 Monte Carlo bad for my Sealed Ahamkara nightstalker build. I'll have to spend the marks if I don't get one to drop for me.

Oh yeah. I want this too. I got Sealed already. I got MC during vanilla, TDB and HoW. Here's hoping the streak continues.

DocSeuss

I got an email from Bungie saying that I had an emblem to pick up in the tower. The image they showed looks like From Here, The Stars.

Any idea where I can get it? The email said "collections kiosk." It's not in the emblem collection, so I have no idea where it might be.

Additionally, does anyone know if old playlist strikes drop in the new playlists?

Anyone?

I was super tired and did a typo. I meant to say "old playlist strike gear."

Definity

For the new page:

Anyone want to get a team together and give
golgoroth
(2nd raid boss) a try around 4PM eastern? I should have a couple of hours to burn. I have the checkpoint but not a team. 290+ light preferred.

Team: (2 hour max run, then we call it quits):

1. Definity
2. GalacticToast
3. robertlebrone
4. Jakfu

Jafku

For the new page:

Anyone want to get a team together and give
golgoroth
(2nd raid boss) a try around 4PM eastern? I should have a couple of hours to burn. I have the checkpoint but not a team. 290+ light preferred.
I'm down light level 289 though if that's ok

I agree, it just sucks that you have to wait after that ridiculously hard strike (and I had to do it with randoms who were 280 light).

Super late quote, but just how tough was the strike? It's my next step and I'm dreading it.

Also, did you just have to put damage into the bosses with a shotgun? You didn't actually have to get the killing blow, did you?

DNAbro

So happy to have gotten the Chaperone quest finished up. Can't wait till the weapon comes in on Tuesday. Shit was difficult.

zewone

Super late quote, but just how tough was the strike? It's my next step and I'm dreading it.

Also, did you just have to put damage into the bosses with a shotgun? You didn't actually have to get the killing blow, did you?

Killing blow must be a shotgun.

Everyone on the team should be using a shotgun when their health is low.

I'm at 287 and should be 290 soon. Thinking of trying the raid for the first time later on today/tonight/tomorrow (leaving on Monday for my wedding xD).

Any groups forming?

Dunk#7

So happy to have gotten the Chaperone quest finished up. Can't wait till the weapon comes in on Tuesday. Shit was difficult.

I am on the last step, but only at 260 light so can't attempt the 190 strike

First step seemed bugged, and wouldn't count half the time. Frustrating

Wow. Just finished a control match. Me and one other player were the only ones with a positive k/d on our team. This crucible questline is going to be rough.

Tecnniqe

Banned
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEES

Kssio_Aug

Any way to level up really fast?
I'm level 16 and am getting sick of playing history missions alone... everyone is level 40 at this point, for god's sake...

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEES

WE GOT MORE S H A D O W B O Y Z

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Sullichin

I'm level 16 and am getting sick of playing history missions alone... everyone is level 40 at this point, for god's sake...
You can use the spark of light that should be in your postmaster. But you can only use it on one character. It bumps you up to 25.

WE DID IT! SCOUT RIFLE GET! Fuck you Oryx!

ORYX DOWN

WE GOT MORE S H A D O W B O Y Z

Congrats guys! How long did it take?

Kssio_Aug

You can use the spark of light that should be in your postmaster. But you can only use it on one character. It bumps you up to 25.

And what should I do after level 25? Cause I believe literally 99% of everyone I see in the game is around level 37~40. I rarely find someone at around my level to play some co-op with... =/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You're doing all the bounties you can I assume, right? Those are the best source of XP there is each but. But just about everything gives you XP, Story missions, Strikes, Patrol, Crucible. At level 20 you can do one of the Vanguard strike playlists. Once you hit 25 you could jump straight to the TTK story missions if you feel like it.

Top Bottom