• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Does it?
Because I'm pretty sure I've tried that for the regular "get 30 void kills" bounty, and it didn't work for this one.
Maybe I was just too tired, or it's yet another "works for this but not that" oddity Bungie can be good at sometimes... ^^

Get 30 void kills only works on the Dreadnaught.

As for ability kills for exotic sword, Bad Juju + perks that help + exotic armor that helps will get you there in 30 minutes. Dark Beyond ftw.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
For the past week I've really been struggling a lot with a lack of weapon parts. I miss the days when I had thousands of them. :(

So I saw a lot of Hung Jury hype. Is the weapon really that good because I just got it from leveling up my Dead Orbit rank to rank 8. 284 rating as well instead of the normal 280.

First world problems Hawk. I'm stuck there as well, but even a 299 chest won't do it.

Code:
Primary	296		299	Helmet
Special	305		307	Gloves
Heavy	298		293	Chest
Ghost	302		296	Boots
			296	Cloak
[B]Total		299.22[/B]	300	Artifact

I need to kill O
ryx and get a 30
0+ primary as well. That probably won't happen with my luck.

Funny thing is that i am a 301 right now, but i didnt even killed the Oryx ... i think i got lucky in this first weeks

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
So I saw a lot of Hung Jury hype. Is the weapon really that good because I just got it from leveling up my Dead Orbit rank to rank 8. 284 rating as well instead of the normal 280.

Depends on the roll. The popularity of HJ is due to it's combo of perks from the one you can buy.

Homeboyd

Yeah but the vendor perks are what made everyone so hyped for that particular gun. What does your RNG'd version have?

Opinion time: Remove Orbs of Light from crucible

I think a lot of supers is bad for crucible (and one hit kill stuff is bad for multiplayer games in genral) but I think orbs just send this off to a whole other level.

A lot of blowouts in PvP come from a team gaining a lead and then punishing the other team with a relentless onslaught of supers generated by picking up orbs. I think you could potentially see more comebacks and more competitive games without this effect.

In my opinion, most teams don't effectively use orbs. They go away if you die already. They certainly don't turn crucible into easy mode.

FeD.nL

I don't believe so, considering the Black Spindle attack value was technically an error. That's why they are nerfing them which will change the kiosk attack value.

Nope :/

The Spindle is a glitch in the system that wasn't suppose to show up in the kiosk at 300, but at 290.

Ah ok, that sucks. I presumed that the 310 atk value was the glitch but the 300 atk at the kiosk would be standard when you would find a 310 engram.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh, my.... turns out I love me some swords in ze Crucible. Got the 25 kills done in 4 games, using only the sword, grenades, and super. Gotta be perfectly honest, I wish it wasn't over. Picking the right moment to bash someone in the head with that hilt was a blast. The solitary time I actually got it loaded with Heavy ammo I immediately went on an 8-kill streak to finish off the 25 (plus a couple extra). Mmm.... mm.
What's the best exotic sword? I know I already goofed with my element type (nothing has arc shields in TTK) my only hope now is that the exotic special attack is something incredibly awesome.
Taken Centurions have Arc shiels and can be rather dangerous.

lionelhutz

I spent marks on it and I like it. With the extended magazine option (20 rounds) and the Triple Tap perk the magazine is closer to 24-25 if you land precision shots.

Future

I bet the weekly crucible next reset is going to be.... Wait for it... Rift!

I don't know if it's learning the maps but damn I hate rift. Fuckin hope iron banner doesn't use rift

Finding the path to the spark, then their rift... He'll your own rift. Teammates knowing how to protect. Runner knowing how to offensively and defensively run. I feel like they need to let people spawn in there alone to test out the map without any fighting.

A 303 Primary would do it, without a chest piece. I need to find a dream team to get me through quickly tonight. I have the checkpoint :)

I'm guessing raid stuff that drops
is between light 301 to 310. My primary dropped at 304 and class item dropped at 302, while shell dropped at 310. So if 301 is low, you have an 80% chance! Otherwise, 72.72: if 300 is low. Either way, good chances

Kyne

when I did research on the sword quest and tips for PVP, it said that blocking does NOT stop you from dying to another sword.

I know now that it was a lie. Blocking with a sword against another sword definitely negates the slash, leaving the attacker open to the defender's slash.

fuckin' liars <<;

Rehsa

Didn't get to play yesterday and finish
Oryx
or even do the daily, hope the blind crew got it done though :) I spent my day making this beautiful liquid:
y7OdsgJ.jpg
Destiny themed Russian Imperial Stout w/ nitro coffee and bourbon infused cocoa nibs incoming! Also with label image provided by our resident graphics guru :D

Had to go to sleep after cleaning up since two nights of raiding and 3 hours of sleep had me dead, really wanted to finish him though.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't know if it's learning the maps but damn I hate rift. Fuckin hope iron banner doesn't use rift

Finding the path to the spark, then their rift... He'll your own rift. Teammates knowing how to protect. Runner knowing how to offensively and defensively run. I feel like they need to let people spawn in there alone to test out the map without any fighting.

I think rift sucks and prefer control. That said, it's pretty easy to get my bounties done in Rift because you can almost always know where the enemies are going to be on most of the maps.

LTWood12

Thanks for weighting #'s folks. I'm at 298.4. Ever so close to 299.

Unrelated, is the Boolean Gemini any good? Looks like I'll probably get it tonight. Maybe I can pretend it's a Zhalo.

R0ckman

Can the supercell drop in the crucible? I'm thinking of doing a crucible rampage over the next few days, I've been lucky there. The three of coins keeps giving me duplicate Suros.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Unrelated, is the Boolean Gemini any good? Looks like I'll probably get it tonight. Maybe I can pretend it's a Zhalo.

It hits hard and is a good all round utility weapon. I like it. I just like some other exotics better.

Took some time but finally got around getting the exotic faction class item on 2 characters.
Had the Dead Orbit cloak for some time and the faction quest on my Titan, but I didn't have shader to start the quest. This morning Themisto dropped :)

Exotic DO cloak:
fZ843fXh.jpg

Exotic NM mark:
S3YnrVUh.jpg

Didn't get to play yesterday and finish
Oryx
or even do the daily, hope the blind crew got it done though :) I spent my day making this beautiful liquid:

Destiny themed Russian Imperial Stout w/ nitro coffee and bourbon infused cocoa nibs incoming! Also with label image provided by our resident graphics guru :D

Had to go to sleep after cleaning up since two nights of raiding and 3 hours of sleep had me dead, really wanted to finish him though.

That looks amazing. How did you get that? I got the kill finally.
WoL is everything for that encounter. And snipers works wonders for the initial dps. Also, everyone does have to call ready for the blighted light ball, wait for 3ish seconds until your name pops up and then run to the Brand. A sword helps dramatically with the knight. Other than that we had it all down.

I'm at 298.38 Hahaha high 5!

Rehsa

That looks amazing. How did you get that? I got the kill finally.
WoL is everything for that encounter. And snipers works wonders for the initial dps. Also, everyone does have to call ready for the blighted light ball, wait for 3ish seconds until your name pops up and then run to the Brand. A sword helps dramatically with the knight. Other than that we had it all down.

I'm at 298.38 Hahaha high 5!

Thanks! Brewed it myself :D My third brew and first 5 gallon. Congrats man glad you did, I had a feeling my DPS wasn't up to snuff, and me being 293 was an issue also. I got a 295 machine gun from an engram after we left so now I am 295. Maybe I can try tonight

Strider

Mondays are the worst. Nothing to really do until the reset for me given I dont run alts.

I mean there are other games but.... honestly.... Who plays those

Top Bottom