• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

jaaz

I also thoroughly enjoyed the kill 25 guardians part of the exotic sword quest. Running around in Rumble or classic Free for All hitting people over the head with a sword hilt never got old. The reactions I got were classic, with the spray and pray my favorite. It was over way too soon!

MrDaravon

God I really wish I could be as good at the Crucible as some of you guys, I'm going like 10 and 15 screaming at the TV trying to get a single throwing knife kill or sword kill and getting zero on both game after game. The sword thing is on me being terrible, but the throwing knife kill quest is maaaaaaybe the worst quest in the entire game outside of TLW. Straight knife headshots do not one-hit kill people, it's ridiculous.

Mondays are the worst. Nothing to really do until the reset for me given I dont run alts.

I mean there are other games but.... honestly.... Who plays those

Persona 4: Dancing All Night is arriving for me tomorrow. Into the pile of unplayed games since Destiny came out it goes.

LTWood12

That looks amazing. How did you get that? I got the kill finally.
WoL is everything for that encounter. And snipers works wonders for the initial dps. Also, everyone does have to call ready for the blighted light ball, wait for 3ish seconds until your name pops up and then run to the Brand. A sword helps dramatically with the knight. Other than that we had it all down.

I'm at 298.38 Hahaha high 5!

I'd rounded up. I'm exactly 298.38 as well haha.

God I really wish I could be as good at the Crucible as some of you guys, I'm going like 10 and 15 screaming at the TV trying to get a single throwing knife kill or sword kill and getting zero on both game after game. The sword thing is on me being terrible, but the throwing knife kill quest is maaaaaaybe the worst quest in the entire game outside of TLW. Straight knife headshots do not one-hit kill people, it's ridiculous.

Yup, it really should but got get it back with a perk which is probably why you don't. TLW + knife throw is a good combo

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I also thoroughly enjoyed the kill 25 guardians part of the exotic sword quest. Running around in Rumble or classic Free for All hitting people over the head with a sword hilt never got old. The reactions I got were classic, with the spray and pray my favorite. It was over way too soon!

I scratch my head when I see these posts. I don't know if you get matched with the worst people in the world, or what. I get shotgunned to death if I even try to do that shit in Rumble. According to Destiny Tracker my MMR is 10 - High Skill even though I'm not that good, maybe that has something to do with it, idk.

noomi

Just two more spinmetal resources for the sword, it'll take 20min for those :/

Then arc kills! Lucky raspberry + arc bolt

SeanR1221

Any chance of the Hung Jury perks re rolling on Tuesday? I won't have enough marks until Wednesday for it.

Just two more spinmetal resources for the sword, it'll take 20min for those :/

Then arc kills! Lucky raspberry + arc bolt

Use the scout perk on night stalker and find them in 3 seconds.

jaaz

I scratch my head when I see these posts. I don't know if you get matched with the worst people in the world, or what. I get shotgunned to death if I even try to do that shit in Rumble. According to Destiny Tracker my MMR is 10 - High Skill even though I'm not that good, maybe that has something to do with it, idk.

Try Classic Free for All, which is populated by um... "newer" players. And you need to camp a little and put your agility to max. The element of surprise my man!

Worse comes to worse, get a fire team of three going, start a rumble or free for all match, and take turns hilting each other to death. Maybe "act" like you're not boosting, since I'm not sure how Bungie views these things.

Thanks for weighting #'s folks. I'm at 298.4. Ever so close to 299.

Unrelated, is the Boolean Gemini any good? Looks like I'll probably get it tonight. Maybe I can pretend it's a Zhalo.
I really like th boolean gemini in the crucible. One of the few new weapons that has felt good to me.

I wish vaults can be organized. Like a sort or group button at the very least. So I can see weapons grouped and sorted by type/rarity, and gear grouped and sorted by class and rarity, etc.

X-Frame

I would rather do this part of the exotic sword quest instead of the farming part afterwards any day. If only we could skip that portion!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hehe, I mean you obviously can't contend one on one with someone "maining" a shotgun, so you just don't engage. That's not to say I never got killed by a shotgun during it, of course I did (the max range ones that still oneshot outside shotgun range are still rampant :() but if I know someone is rolling around with a shotgun nonstop I just run. On the other hand, scout and pulse rifle users became unexpectedly appetizing targets. Obviously, make a beeline for anyone you see getting shot at all by anyone else.

I say try the 6v6 classic playlist if you're having no luck in Rumble, it worked pretty well!

edit: Ah yes, I also took advantage of Bladedancer stealth a lot

Yeah but the vendor perks are what made everyone so hyped for that particular gun. What does your RNG'd version have?

It doesn't have either of the perks the one from the vendor has. Oh well. If the one the vendor has is that good then I'll grab it in a few days when I have the marks.

R0ckman

It's best to do it when the enemy is distracted. Play a mode where the focus isn't just to kill people.

noomi

After nothing but PvE, questing, story missions and raiding since the launch of TTK.

When I get back to PvP.... I'm going to be pretty fucking terrible.

Lyonaz

It must be me but I feel the throwing knife has aim assist, sometimes I hit the headshot while I know for sure it didn't really hit head on. Just go shotgun and hipfire from a range and then follow up with knife. Also don't try to force yourself to aim for head and throw, 100% you miss and get frustrated, just play and it will come. Best it to teach yourself to always follow up with a throwing knife.

Ikora Rey said:
Are they leading or following up with the throwing knife? That's one way to tell an arrogant Gunslinger from a desperate one.
Best is to be the desperate one and not the arrogant one. :p

So is there any rhyme or reason to how those fusion rifle shards drop? If I can get one more and next week's test weapons I should hit rank 3 on my Warlock for that Tlaloc hype

Top Bottom