• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Paging all nightstalkers; do you know if the bound by blood perk counts for void ability kills during the exotic sword quest? I am wondering if blowing up mobs with that perk counts more than firing three arrows.

GutZ31

How do you do it L1, L2, R1, R2?

So close to breaking the back of the game. Just need to get Warpriest on Warlock and Oyrx on Hunter for the 310 Artefacts then collect fragments for a ToM. Need to get a sword on my Titan then complete the 25 PvP kills to glitch all 3 for exotic

Then hopefully it will be a case of raiding and NFs each week and picking and choosing which exotic quests to do, if any
R1 first, then immediately start smashing all shoulder buttons at the same time.
R1
R1+R2+L1+L2

just got my 44th calcified fragmentttt

dsrwqnumzvw1iul7v9l0.jpg

WipedOut

Paging all nightstalkers; do you know if the bound by blood perk counts for void ability kills during the exotic sword quest? I am wondering if blowing up mobs with that perk counts more than firing three arrows.

Yes, it does count, load up dark beyond, equip a scout or hand cannon, you'll be done in about an hour or less

LTWood12

Sony pls.

Why do you deny me Destiny?

Edit: in

Hey thanks again for filling in for Drizzay at the midnight hour last night. Can't tell you how happy I was to get it done. I'd told my wife I'd stop at 1 am local time. Pretty sure we killed him at 12:50 am.

ocean

Banned
What's the math on mote-faction rank? How many motes for a Rank basically? I need to go from 0-3 with dead orbit. I want that scout.
Rank 0 to Rank 1: 1500 rep
Rank 1 to Rank 2: 2000 rep
Rank 2 to Rank 3: 2500 rep

So you need 6000 rep from blank slate to rank 3. That's 300 Motes of Light (they're 100 rep for a pack of 5, so 20 each).

Every subsequent rank is an extra 125 Motes (2500 rep).

Tecnniqe

Banned

So close to breaking the back of the game. Just need to get Warpriest on Warlock and Oyrx on Hunter for the 310 Artefacts then collect fragments for a ToM. Need to get a sword on my Titan then complete the 25 PvP kills to glitch all 3 for exotic

Then hopefully it will be a case of raiding and NFs each week and picking and choosing which exotic quests to do, if any

Pretty much. Order a new controller before you try.

Thanks everybody. Sounds like I'm the last one that needs to do this. Hopefully I can jump in w/ someone who has a fully charged one, though I guess doing it over the next four days isn't that big of a deal.

You aren't the last LT. I have one that will be charged when I do one last fight tonight. I'll look for you before I turn in the charged ruin so maybe you can get a good charge on yours.

Afrocious

Can't wait until Atheon shows up in Court (if he does in the form of xX_AtheonsBiggestFan#1_Xx). You thought scrubs getting in Crota's face was bad? I'd like to see this shit.

D_psipher

I just learned Agonarch runes yesterday!

So, there's like, white pools on the ground in certain places on the Dreadnaught that trigger big fights that end in a named major hive enemy. Killing that enemy will add a charge to the #/7, and it seems like you can only get 1 charge per day doing this. When you have it full, there's a series of waves you can trigger in the Founts (by the Warden's Knights) that ends with a chest with some loot and a Calcified Fragment. But, if someone has a charged Agonarch rune, you can go with them to activate it and the fight itself will add 4 or 5 charges to your rune all at once and charge it, and then you can use it on the chest. So if you have 3/7 you can go with somebody who has a charged one and charge yours for sure.

This is good info. I am at 3 out of 7 for mine.

Is there anyone who has theirs charged that would let me tag along?

Shito

Yes, it does count, load up dark beyond, equip a scout or hand cannon, you'll be done in about an hour or less
Does it?
Because I'm pretty sure I've tried that for the regular "get 30 void kills" bounty, and it didn't work for this one.
Maybe I was just too tired, or it's yet another "works for this but not that" oddity Bungie can be good at sometimes... ^^

Strider

Opinion time: Remove Orbs of Light from crucible

I think a lot of supers is bad for crucible (and one hit kill stuff is bad for multiplayer games in genral) but I think orbs just send this off to a whole other level.

A lot of blowouts in PvP come from a team gaining a lead and then punishing the other team with a relentless onslaught of supers generated by picking up orbs. I think you could potentially see more comebacks and more competitive games without this effect.

D_psipher

I am where you are. I need the War priest on my hunter and a full clear on my warlock.

lol! My hunter and titan can both be exactly 299 when fully kitted out, but neither can break 300, both held back by the chest piece. pffft

Wish I could buy 290 exotics from the kiosk...

First world problems Hawk. I'm stuck there as well, but even a 299 chest won't do it.

Code:
Primary	296		299	Helmet
Special	305		307	Gloves
Heavy	298		293	Chest
Ghost	302		296	Boots
			296	Cloak
[B]Total		299.22[/B]	300	Artifact

I need to kill O
ryx and get a 30
0+ primary as well. That probably won't happen with my luck.

MrS

Banned

So you need 6000 rep from blank slate to rank 3. That's 300 Motes of Light (they're 100 rep for a pack of 5, so 20 each).

I've got 500+ so I should be cool. Still not sure whether to get this or Y2 Suros though. Good problems

LTWood12

First world problems Hawk. I'm stuck there as well, but even a 299 chest won't do it.

Code:
Primary	296		299	Helmet
Special	305		307	Gloves
Heavy	298		293	Chest
Ghost	302		296	Boots
			296	Cloak

I need to kill Oryx and get a 300+ primary as well. That probably won't happen with my luck.

Can you post w/ the weightings that need to be applied?

Code:
Primary	296		299	Helmet
Special	305		307	Gloves
Heavy	298		293	Chest
Ghost	302		296	Boots
			296	Cloak

I'm stuck at 298!

Whats the weight of armor and gear towards average light? And do you have to be >= 299.5 to hit 300?

I think a lot of supers is bad for crucible (and one hit kill stuff is bad for multiplayer games in genral) but I think orbs just send this off to a whole other level.

A lot of blowouts in PvP come from a team gaining a lead and then punishing the other team with a relentless onslaught of supers generated by picking up orbs. I think you could potentially see more comebacks and more competitive games without this effect.

NOooOOooOOO! Chaining supers on PVP is fun. >:)

ocean

Banned
So uh, where on Mars should I be gathering Relic Iron at?
Go to MRs and take your sparrow all the way to the portal to the black garden. Then hop off, find a ledge and commit suicide. Then respawn, sit, and let your desperate tears nurture iron on the unforgiving sands of post collapse Mars :( Bungie quest designers are the true Darkness.

Sorry I don't actually know farm routes :p

What's the best exotic sword? I know I already goofed with my element type (nothing has arc shields in TTK) my only hope now is that the exotic special attack is something incredibly awesome.

Can you post w/ the weightings that need to be applied?

Code:
Primary	0.12	296	35.52		29.9	299	0.1	Helmet
Special	0.12	305	36.6		30.7	307	0.1	Gloves
Heavy	0.12	298	35.76		29.3	293	0.1	Chest
Ghost	0.08	302	24.16		29.6	296	0.1	Boots
					23.68	296	0.08	Cloak
Total				299.22	24	300	0.08	Artifact

Weights.

What's the best exotic sword? I know I already goofed with my element type (nothing has arc shields in TTK) my only hope now is that the exotic special attack is something incredibly awesome.
Guess you didn't do the black spindle mission. The taken cabal has arc shields. I like the arc sword. I'm working on the void and solar now though.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Cool, thanks for the breakdown. It just seems like it takes forever now to rank a faction. Outside of pledging to them, is there anything else you need to do to maximize your rep gained?

I wouldn't mind seeing a game type that was like the anti-mayhem. Supers on trickle, so you might only get one per match, and much slower heavy drops. Think trials / elimination style, but in control or clash or whatever.

Maybe I just need trials to come back, or to play more elimination.

spinmetal farm for arc sword was easier than relic iron farm for void sword

skywatch was good, got the 10 materials and 100% arc ability kills in about an hour

now, to the moon! *shrugs*

ocean

Banned

Code:
Primary	296		299	Helmet
Special	305		307	Gloves
Heavy	298		293	Chest
Ghost	302		296	Boots
			296	Cloak

I need to kill O
ryx and get a 30
0+ primary as well. That probably won't happen with my luck.
I think a primary is guaranteed on your first Oryx kill. Light for every Raid drop is guaranteed to be in the 300-310 bound.

WipedOut

Does it?
Because I'm pretty sure I've tried that for the regular "get 30 void kills" bounty, and it didn't work for this one.
Maybe I was just too tired, or it's yet another "works for this but not that" oddity Bungie can be good at sometimes... ^^

I did it on the dark beyond. I did the same thing, tether right in front of the door, fired shots at one enemy and watched the rest blow. It kept going up and I did nothing else other than fire at the one enemy.

rc213

Anyone want to try and get 5 people for Court of Oryx in the next hour? Otherwise need to wait until after work 9pm pst. I got the on my last Alt and need all levels for the 300 light class item. I have 2 stolen and 1 Antiquated and a couple reciprocal to cover all levels.

Top Bottom