• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Whoops, I thought today was Tuesday for a minute there. I meant for tomorrow.

I'm up for running it with the same team again tomorrow if everyone else can make it as well.

Haha! All good and awesome! I will post up again tomorrow to confirm everyone, but I am 90% sure Rene, Mutant, and Mess are in. I play with them regularly :)

T E A M F I R S T T R Y a DGAF subsidiary of S H A D O W B O Y Z

noomi

A wonderful "Super Good Advice" from reddit, will totally be doing this next time while raiding.

When detonating the corrupted lights at Oryx, have a night stalker throw down a smoke grenade to make everyone invisible.

Like.... hot damn... why didn't I think of that!

neoism

Thanks!.

Also to anyone who needs to do Tier 3 CoO I have 3 fully charged runes for that so add me. They seemed to be dropping like crazy for me this weekend. Psn is d_psipher.

I got all 3 level Runes, need to finish Eris quest for class item. Psn rc213

ok cool you have a third i cant add that other guy it says not found... typed it in 5 times not sure if psn is acting up

d_psipher add me if you see this

ne0ism-

l4sXwPf.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I keep my promises dammit! Here's the taken one. Enjoy. I'll add more stuff later on. Make changes and whatnot.

If you want some stuff on the other races, click on the pics below. Sorry mobile users but it doesn't work for you guys.
Great stuff, Nami. Does this pretty much briefly cover the lore for all 5 species? Really want to get into this stuff but reading everything through the cards seem so disorganized.

Tovarisc

I use it with Voidwalker combined with obsidian mind to great effect. The real special things about Voidwalker to me is blink, the grenades, and either surge or life steal. The bomb itself doesn't actually do that much damage, especially not on bosses. Save it for whenever a huge hoard of adds comes where is actually useful, and then it's back up almost instantly and ready for Tlaloc.

Lance takes nice chunk of HP
from ogres on Oryx fight.

E92 M3

Isnt Supercell the only primary with elemental?

As far as we know, yeah.

I think all exotics should have an element but that's just me :|

I think that having a primary burn forces people to use that gun. Before TTK a gun without a burn would be considered trash, at least by me.

A wonderful "Super Good Advice" from reddit, will totally be doing this next time while raiding.

I've been doing that lol.

Namikaze1

Great stuff, Nami. Does this pretty much briefly cover the lore for all 5 species? Really want to get into this stuff but reading everything through the cards seem so disorganized.
Just general stuff. Nothing too lore heavy. The others have a third section that talks about the clans/Houses/factions/etc. The Taken have no factions so that's why it's not included above.

That's a really good idea. I can remember a few times where
the adds were right next to one of the bubble things making it pretty hard to stay alive.

maomaoIYP

That's exactly what I'm doing, but I'm just not getting the knife out in time. I'd accept trade kills on it, but they always seem to get me before I can do damage then also get the knife out, seems to take forever to throw. Also just discovered that the additional melee charge on the sealed ahamkara gloves doesn't stack with gambler's dagger for 3 daggers :(

I think your problem is that you are not counting the damage you are doing.
Throwing knife headshot does 158 damage. On average, guardians have about 200 health. Some builds have less, some have a tiny bit more.
This means you only need 42 damage from your gun before your knife headshot is a killshot.
42 damage is less than 1 burst with a mid-damage PR, one body shot with HC or SR (correct me if I'm wrong on SC body shot damage).

Best way is to farm for exotics and hope they drop at 310. Then fuse them into your legendaries.

Yeah I've done this a couple times but I've only gotten a handful of 310s and I'd like to save them for now. Getting to 310 when I'm already around 303 isn't a huge deal, especially when hard mode raid isn't out yet.

I wish some heavy weapons would drop for me, though. The only one I've gotten above 300 is the exotic sword.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
There's a ton of adds if you don't clear them quickly, just an added layer of protection ;)

Oh, yeah, haha, well that is true. If you kill your ogre as soon as he pops, though, it's not so bad. My titan can take a beating.

nowai

As a hunter main, I'd much rather use Nighthawk GG to guarantee the flinch or finish off the Shadow of Oryx if need be.

From my experience, people tend to die on the way back more often than the way there. As long as Acolyte Eye's are shot down ASAP, your runners should be fine. Also, if the ogres are being downed as soon as they spawn, the platforms should provide ample cover for bomb detonators.

Afrocious

Exotics stopped dropping for me. Do you folks pop ToC when doing Strikes with multiple Ultras like Dust Palace or Hammer Bros?

Also, what got me a few times was detonating the bombs and not making it into the bubble fast enough. I got killed by that this weekend, when it hasn't been a problem before.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah I've done this a couple times but I've only gotten a handful of 310s and I'd like to save them for now. Getting to 310 when I'm already around 303 isn't a huge deal, especially when hard mode raid isn't out yet.

I wish some heavy weapons would drop for me, though. The only one I've gotten above 300 is the exotic sword.

Yeah, same, I'm just keeping my 310 exotics in the vault for now since all content is easily beaten with much less light. I'll min-max later when hard comes, but I don't think hard will be 310 light. And I hear you on the heavy! I've had the same 297 light rockets for almost 2 weeks now.

Tovarisc

Wait is there something I'm missing? I thought Lance was just no drop and increased velocity, why would it do more damage? I only use Lance for crucible then Vortex for PvE since it adds damage over time.

Lance delivers all Nova Bomb's damage into that single point of impact at once. It's good way to take chunk out of HP pool of those suckers quickly.

Edit: afaik Vortex doesn't add DoT, it just does some initial damage and then ticks damage to targets within it over X seconds. Overall damage should be same-ish to Lance

and W E T M O N K E Y T E A M

Haha. Yes!

Already said I was in :) Can play at any time after 6 eastern.

Ack! I missed that post! Glad to have to in again!

Awesome. I'm PST so hopefully you guys don't run it while I'm still at work. Totally understand if that's how it goes down though.

Ok cool. I don't think anyone will have an issue waiting for you. So for it's just agreed after 6pm CST tonight :)

ocean

Banned
As a hunter main, I'd much rather use Nighthawk GG to guarantee the flinch or finish off the Shadow of Oryx if need be.

From my experience, people tend to die on the way back more often than the way there. As long as Acolyte Eye's are shot down ASAP, your runners should be fine. Also, if the ogres are being downed as soon as they spawn, the platforms should provide ample cover for bomb detonators.
If the team is working well
staggering Oryx shouldn't be an issue. If the team can't consistently stagger him right away with everyone alive, you're in for a rough raid. Good levels and good snipers = staggered oryx as soon as he opens. If it isn't working like that, get comfortable :p you shouldn't need that Nighthawk in the first place basically.

Not that you need the invisibility for bombs, either. But tether is super handy for Vessel, Shadow, pesky mobs etc, along with invis being super useful when capping your own bomb at least.

LTWood12

Can gear 300+ drop anywhere except King's Fall and from exotics? Excluding the few quest rewards? I've had a 299 blue helmet and blue gauntlets drop. Those are the highest I've ever seen from engrams.

noomi

I usually just
use shadowshot on the ads when on my way to the blights. Keeps them disabled long enough to detonate with no problem.

Also a good idea,
we usually have 2-3 seconds when we enter the bubble for the first time, we use that to clear the eyes and some of the adds.

Oh, yeah, haha, well that is true. If you kill your ogre as soon as he pops, though, it's not so bad. My titan can take a beating.

Titans so OP

Can gear 300+ drop anywhere except King's Fall and from exotics? Excluding the few quest rewards? I've had a 299 blue helmet and blue gauntlets drop. Those are the highest I've ever seen from engrams.

Someone told me they had a blue piece of armor @ 300... never seen it myself though

MrDaravon

I think your problem is that you are not counting the damage you are doing.
Throwing knife headshot does 158 damage. On average, guardians have about 200 health. Some builds have less, some have a tiny bit more.
This means you only need 42 damage from your gun before your knife headshot is a killshot.
42 damage is less than 1 burst with a mid-damage PR, one body shot with HC or SR (correct me if I'm wrong on SC body shot damage).

Yeah, I think I keep expecting the throwing knife to do way less damage than it actually does, I'll try to adapt.

Also for maybe the first time since TTK came out I played a full match from start to finish in actual serious mode with proper gear and everything, this honestly makes me feel so much better about myself now :D

R3gGuHI.jpg

I want to keep going but cat got on my lap >_>

Kyne

So this weekend my girlfriend, best friend, and I will be diving into King’s Fall for the first time. It’ll be a semi blind raid (I’ve seen footage, but have never partaken) so it’ll probably require some patience and time.

We’re in need of 3 others who are also interested. You can be completely blind/semi-blind/experienced, doesn’t really matter. Anyone is welcome.

There are a couple of requirements;

- Be PATIENT/FRIENDLY. This is a must.
- Have a microphone and be able to communicate.
- Be at least light level 285+ … (290 is preferred. All 3 of us are 290+ and we'll be running Titan/Titan/Warlock)

This is for people who have sort of been left behind from all the gun-ho raiders who got leveled up super quick and dove right in. Again, experienced players who take joy in helping others are also welcome.

The raid will start at around 8 p.m UTC (central time zone, about 7 hours and 45 minutes from this post) on Friday.

Anyways, there are currently 3 spots available! Please quote with your PSN if you’re interested.

1. Chrnocide
2. shadyderp
3. NostalgiaUltraa

swnny

Trying to form up a group for King's Fall, starting from the
daughters
in around 30 minutes. So far we are:

PSN names:
1. swnnyh (me)
2. CursedByMadness (andreevbg over here at gaf)
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

Top Bottom