• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Can gear 300+ drop anywhere except King's Fall and from exotics? Excluding the few quest rewards? I've had a 299 blue helmet and blue gauntlets drop. Those are the highest I've ever seen from engrams.
I've had a few 300 light blue armour pieces but I think that is the max outside of exotics/raid gear.

Korosenai

Opinion time: Remove Orbs of Light from crucible

I think a lot of supers is bad for crucible (and one hit kill stuff is bad for multiplayer games in genral) but I think orbs just send this off to a whole other level.

A lot of blowouts in PvP come from a team gaining a lead and then punishing the other team with a relentless onslaught of supers generated by picking up orbs. I think you could potentially see more comebacks and more competitive games without this effect.
I'd be ok with this. Going up against a team chaining sunbreaker Titan supers just isn't fun at all.

Trying to form up a group for King's Fall, starting from the
daughters
in around 30 minutes. So far we are:

PSN names:
1. swnnyh (me)
2. CursedByMadness (andreevbg over here at gaf)
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

I'm down. PSN is Vincentgrey. Send me an invite when we got 6.

Ambitious

200 marks, once again. I think I'm gonna buy the DO cloak. I need one for their exotic cloak quest anyway. Sure, I could use my Y1 cloak, but it's just 130 light. And it's white now.

Trying to form up a group for King's Fall, starting from the
daughters
in around 30 minutes. So far we are:

PSN names:
1. swnnyh (me)
2. CursedByMadness (andreevbg over here at gaf)
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

I'm down but a bit pressed for time. if we have people that have done it before were good.

akademik209

GlamFM

Banned
Somebody still needs the Scent of the Worm fragment?

We could help each other by standing on the invisible platforms.

Timing is tight - hard to do solo.

Afrocious

Speaking of Lost to Light as the daily heroic, I was trying to help some friends to get the Black Spindle. It was funny and weird to see people who were level 280-290 hang back to shoot stuff and not get in enemies' faces.

I remember a conversation we had in this OT or the previous one about how folks used to FPS games may not be used to finding DPS windows in enemies, similar to how one would in a character action game like Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden or, at the most basic, Demons/Dark Souls.

So this weekend my girlfriend, best friend, and I will be diving into King’s Fall for the first time. It’ll be a semi blind raid (I’ve seen footage, but have never partaken) so it’ll probably require some patience and time.

We’re in need of 3 others who are also interested. You can be completely blind/semi-blind/experienced, doesn’t really matter. Anyone is welcome.

There are a couple of requirements;

- Be PATIENT/FRIENDLY. This is a must.
- Have a microphone and be able to communicate.
- Be at least light level 285+ … (290 is preferred. All 3 of us are 290+ and we'll be running Titan/Titan/Warlock)

This is for people who have sort of been left behind from all the gun-ho raiders who got leveled up super quick and dove right in. Again, experienced players who take joy in helping others are also welcome.

The raid will start at around 8 p.m UTC (central time zone, about 7 hours and 45 minutes from this post) on Friday.

Anyways, there are currently 3 spots available! Please quote with your PSN if you’re interested.

1. Chrnocide
2. shadyderp
3. NostalgiaUltraa

This should be fun. Friday is no good for me tho. Let me know if you change it to saturday. silvertonguebr

nowai

If the team is working well
staggering Oryx shouldn't be an issue. If the team can't consistently stagger him right away with everyone alive, you're in for a rough raid. Good levels and good snipers = staggered oryx as soon as he opens. If it isn't working like that, get comfortable :p you shouldn't need that Nighthawk in the first place basically.

Not that you need the invisibility for bombs, either. But tether is super handy for Vessel, Shadow, pesky mobs etc, along with invis being super useful when capping your own bomb at least.

Sure, if I'm with my normal raid group, I don't worry about flinch DPS. If I am in a PUG though, I like to know I can almost guarantee a stagger myself with Nighthawk GG and Touch of Malice.

MrDaravon

Draksis on the daily story mission dropped an exotic for me lol. #3oCnotnerfed

On a related note, has ANYONE seen the hunter spider exotic chest? I'm not sure if it's unobtainable right now, or if the Lupi weighting is so broken that it's just very rare.

Afrocious

Sure, if I'm with my normal raid group, I don't worry about flinch DPS. If I am in a PUG though, I like to know I can almost guarantee a stagger myself with Nighthawk GG and Touch of Malice.

Yeah, with a Touch of Malice, I don't even use a sniper rifle for the last two fights except for on the ogres, and even that isn't necessary IMO.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Jump along the ledge on the left - it's a lot easier. You can skip the platforms altogether. I'll try to find a link to a video of it.

blackflag

Speaking of Lost to Light as the daily heroic, I was trying to help some friends to get the Black Spindle. It was funny and weird to see people who were level 280-290 hang back to shoot stuff and not get in enemies' faces.

I remember a conversation we had in this OT or the previous one about how folks used to FPS games may not be used to finding DPS windows in enemies, similar to how one would in a character action game like Devil May Cry or Ninja Gaiden or, at the most basic, Demons/Dark Souls.

It's up again today? I need to farm for more Spindle's if this is true.

I'm so close to finishing the Lord Shaxx quest, but it's such a long and arduous task. I'm not looking forward to the final leg where-in you must earn 9 points in The Crucible. Each match won is 3 points, but it costs 1 point to start a match.

I need it also, would be down to help. When do you want to do it? I gotta shower after the gym so I'll be on in the next 20 minutes or so. Send me an invite perineumlick PSN if you want.

Jump along the ledge on the left - it's a lot easier. You can skip the platforms altogether. I'll try to find a link to a video of it.
Or there's that lol.

Two exotic chest pieces and one legendary one today, all turned into 310 alpha lupis to add to the billion alpha lupis I got pre 3oC nerf.

Everything was alpha lupi.

E92 M3

The daily is the Scourge of Winter, featuring our buddy ol pal Draksis.

Draksis right now:

4a7iyX1.png

GlamFM

Banned
I need it also, would be down to help. When do you want to do it? I gotta shower after the gym so I'll be on in the next 20 minutes or so. Send me an invite perineumlick PSN if you want.

Will do. See you in a bit.

Tried this 3 times and failed. :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Use a shotgun to take out the Shield Brothers?

What the what? For real?

Do I have to kill each of them myself? Or just do damage on them during the last part of the fight?

noomi

For scent chest, get your mida, and max agility. You'll be there with 10 seconds to spare.

Also there is a calcified fragment around the corner of the chest ;)

4 more legendary pieces of material to go. It actually hasn't been too bad when it comes to the helium filaments. Have gotten 6 in about 35-40 minutes.

Top Bottom