• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
As for me, much to my dismay, I currently see no reason to play for more than 4 hours a week.
Why play even that much? It's baffling to me :-/

I'm very sorry to hear that you're not ultimately enjoying yourself in this expansion. But your criticisms are fair, and the degree to which they affect your enjoyment is clear- no reason to subject yourself to frustration or time spent doing something you don't want to do.
Hawk Alert
I'm here, have we got 6? sorry, running back to ps4

So the final step of the exotic sword quest is recommending 300 light for the special version of the strike...Is it actually that hard or just way overstated?

Zoba, do you want to go back to the old Crucible where everyone is using Thorn + Last Word + Shotguns? Because that's what it sounds like. Don't take this the wrong way but I feel like you are just salty that they nerfed your only combo. Hell, if I was as good as you with that combo I'd be pretty salty too. Nerf isn't even the right word.

I completely disagree with you. The Crucible has never been better. Sure, there is plenty that can be done to improve, as always, but unlike the past, if I want to use an AR, I can use one and not feel gimped. Same goes for PRs. I am not getting killed by the same weapons over and over and over. There is actual weapon variety in Destiny PvP, for the first time ever.

Only thing I agree with is the map rotation. It's horrid. The map on the Dreadnaught... Dungeons, is it? That map is amazing, and I have played it ONCE since TTK launched.

DjRalford

Farm planetary mats for the sword quest? Really?????

Bad memories returning.... T_T

what mats do you need to farm.

Top tip 1, make sure you have a ghost that detects them, makes it quicker.

Top tip 2, if you have an instant reset melee option in your subclass for the corresponding damage type ability kills select it and randomly kill things as you farm, i did this with my sunbreaker and by the time i'd farmed all the materials i only had about 5% left to go for ability kills.

EL CUCO

Thanks to el_cuco and mildsoss for the easy exotic sword!
It was a pleasure man! That was a fun strike.

Already in love with my Bolt-Caster. The ability to have a powerful ranged attack, as well up close feels so good. Also, got a 2nd Spindle and Mildsoss and I were able to help 2 of our clan members get their first Spindles.

Todaywasagoodday.jpg

Why play even that much? It's baffling to me :-/

I'm very sorry to hear that you're not ultimately enjoying yourself in this expansion. But your criticisms are fair, and the degree to which they affect your enjoyment is clear- no reason to subject yourself to frustration or time spent doing something you don't want to do.

I currently cannot afford to not play Destiny for reasons I will not get into right now. Beyond that, I was speaking in general, unless there is something else at the 300 ceiling that I am missing out on.

That time is split between weekly obligatory stuff. It's the leisure play that the game no longer offers and that's disheartening.

Zoba, do you want to go back to the old Crucible where everyone is using Thorn + Last Word + Shotguns? Because that's what it sounds like. Don't take this the wrong way but I feel like you are just salty that they nerfed your only combo. Hell, if I was as good as you with that combo I'd be pretty salty too. Nerf isn't even the right word.

I completely disagree with you. The Crucible has never been better. Sure, there is plenty that can be done to improve, as always, but unlike the past, if I want to use an AR, I can use one and not feel gimped. Same goes for PRs. I am not getting killed by the same weapons over and over and over. There is actual weapon variety in Destiny PvP, for the first time ever.

Only thing I agree with is the map rotation. It's horrid. The map on the Dreadnaught... Dungeons, is it? That map is amazing, and I have played it ONCE since TTK launched.

I'm over The Last Word.

I want Pulse Rifles, Shotguns and Sunbreakers nerfed and the weighting on the maps adjusted.

rc213

So the final step of the exotic sword quest is recommending 300 light for the special version of the strike...Is it actually that hard or just way overstated?

It's harder if you try and do multiple swords in one run. Much more manageable doing one at a time.

Lnkn52

Top tip 2, if you have an instant reset melee option in your subclass for the corresponding damage type ability kills select it and randomly kill things as you farm, i did this with my sunbreaker and by the time i'd farmed all the materials i only had about 5% left to go for ability kills.

hmm, that's a good tip too. Two birds with one stone.

Dunlop

Just longer without depending on how much lower you are, I'm at that stage now for arc and should have a boss checkpoint
Which sword?
Dunlop75

Anyone able to join? I refuse to sleep until I have it...

LiK

Helium. Lucky I happen to have a ghost with detect for it.

Got farther on the Spindle mission than last week. Irrotational, DonMcGuire and I got him down to 5% after clearing all 4 waves of adds. So close!

My thoughts:

• I upgraded my sword from 288 to 299 and both times it did 5140 damage when hitting a shadow thrall, I guess the damage is capped because of the mission being 240 light?
  • I need to get better at combining shade step and the sword, I feel like there's a lot of potential there I have yet to master.
  • I used Stillpiercer to good effect on the Wizards for the first part, but in the final room I faced arc shields and solar shields only (centurions and Knights). Wonder if I should try to find a Full Auto Arc shotgun next time and switch to it as I go into the final room to try and use it on the centurions. Or alternatively get an arc sword and a year two Invective to use on the Knights.
  • I wish we could respawn at the start of the Ketch instead of the beginning of the mission. It's a pain running through it each time.

Just longer without depending on how much lower you are, I'm at that stage now for arc and should have a boss checkpoint
Which sword?
Dunlop75

Anyone able to join? I refuse to sleep until I have it...

Ugh, I'm arc sword as well but I'm currently suffering through a WoW raid right now >_<. I really appreciate the offer though.

DjRalford

Helium. Lucky I happen to have a ghost with detect for it.

When i did helium i went round and round the initial spawn area on the moon, dregs were a 1 hit melee kill, which instantly reset my melee for the next one, vandals need a bullet to soften them up first to ensure the melee keeps resetting.

Took me just over an hour.

milkham

anybody need to complete fear's embrace? the return to phobos mission in The Taken War: Mars questline?

currently alone, jump in if you need it
psn:milkham

I currently cannot afford to not play Destiny for reasons I will not get into right now.

That time is split between weekly obligatory stuff. It's the leisure play that the game no longer offers and that's disheartening.

I'm over The Last Word.

I want Pulse Rifles, Shotguns and Sunbreakers nerfed and the weighting on the maps adjusted.

Sunbreakers are ridic in pvp they get more hammers than golden gun with exotic helm plus that armor and health boost is what puts it over the top.The warlock trance goes on for far to long also and hunters just sucks for pvp.

Juraash

So one thing I noticed but did not expect is the amount of random messages I'm getting in the tower now. I guess the ToM is still really rare as are Oryx kills, it just seems high cause I'm really only exposed to GAF.

Raid requests and Spindle runa have been big today.

Sunbreakers are ridic in pvp they get more hammers than golden gun with exotic helm plus that armor and health boost is what puts it over the top.The warlock trance goes on for far to long also and hunters just sucks for pvp.

If Sunbreaker goes unchecked it's going to be twice as bad as Bladedancers for competitive gameplay once the Twilight Garrison becomes more widespread. Stormcaller isn't far behind either, but at least it has normal damage resistance.

Top Bottom