• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Wallach

So with the confirmation, I might as well infuse some random legendary to over 300 and later on infuse a lesser value spindle with a blue I have with 290+ value and afterwards the random legendary I infused with the 310 spindle.

I'd consider taking a 300 Spindle from the kiosk and holding onto it until after the fix, to see if it only goes to 290 instead of 280 since it'll be in your possession already.

WipedOut

Bro Fist
I feel very similarly my man

#ForeverNoSpindle

You are not alone. Tried with many teams but gave up and went back to enjoying the game. Nerfed BH isn't worth the trouble of that mission. Only wanted it to infuse that into my steelpiercer and grab some blueprints to infuse into my other specials

noomi

The gunsmith test weapons were pretty easy this week, was happy to see that non of them required any crucible kills.

Need 290 more rep points until rank 4, very curious to see what happens then. Next reset the first thing I'm doing is getting those gunsmith weapons and racing to rank 4.

Ranking the Gunsmith up to level 4 rewarded me with an Omolon emblem.

Ah shit... just as I made this post I read yours.... that's it?

Did you by any chance hand in any of those legendary fusion rifles to him?

I was really hoping the sleeper stimulant was @ rank 4

Nuszka

+1
I must've bought 7 or 8 300 versions from the kiosk and infused a bunch of weapons with them.

Hey, did you guys ever raid last night? I didn't see you online when I came back on.

Did the same bought a lot of em and infused all my special weapons.
I have not raided as it started after midnight my time, but i think we will do some tonight at about 6ish , need
a oryx and maybe gorgonzola kill

The gunsmith test weapons were pretty easy this week, was happy to see that non of them required any crucible kills.

Need 290 more rep points until rank 4, very curious to see what happens then. Next reset the first thing I'm doing is getting those gunsmith weapons and racing to rank 4.

Ah shit... just as I made this post I read yours.... that's it?

Did you by any chance hand in any of those legendary fusion rifles to him?

I was really hoping the sleeper stimulant was @ rank 4

Omlon emblem is a random drop for ranking up, I got it an rank 2.

j-wood

Well, fused my 310 spindle into my telesto. Watch, they'll change their mind now and say they'll leave existing spindles alone.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Ranking the Gunsmith up to level 4 rewarded me with an Omolon emblem.

How did you get to 4 already? I'm at ~200 away from 4 after doing this weeks field tests. Also, is the emblem a legendary class emblem?

5/6 difference of what exactly?

I knew there was more than just 80%!

If the point value is within 5 to 6 of the infusing item, you get the full value. Ex 305 item infused to a 300 item, this will bring the 300 item up to 305 giving you 100% of the infusion value.

Trickster

Well, fused my 310 spindle into my telesto. Watch, they'll change their mind now and say they'll leave existing spindles alone.

They better fucking give out replacement spindles then lol

Edit - I'm looking to do the weekly NF mission on my hunter ( 290 ), if anyone else wants to do it, join up on my, psn is sc-trickster

LiK

is Rift essentially capture the flag? I went into a match for the marks and didn't even try cuz MM put me into a losing team.

I'd consider taking a 300 Spindle from the kiosk and holding onto it until after the fix, to see if it only goes to 290 instead of 280 since it'll be in your possession already.

I'm a little confused. So Bungie is going to 'fix' spindle so that it's no longer 300 from the kiosk? Is that correct?

And if so, will weapons previously infused with that 300 spindle be affected?

MrDaravon

It rounds up once you're within a few points, otherwise it'd be impossible to hit the max without getting actual drops at 310/300 in every slot. Not sure specifically where the barrier is though.

I thought about this, but then I don't want to take the risk for one. And 2, it's a nerfed black hammer AND Exotic, which is yet another big nerf. So the risk greatly outweighs the benefits :p

noomi

Did the same bought a lot of em and infused all my special weapons.
I have not raided as it started after midnight my time, but i think we will do some tonight at about 6ish , need
a oryx and maybe gorgonzola kill

I need an Oryx kill on my warlock as well, probably won't be available at 6 though. I'll try to squeeze one in at some point though.

Going to start leveling my Titan very soon, my hunter is all caught up.

How did you get to 4 already? I'm at ~200 away from 4 after doing this weeks field tests. Also, is the emblem a legendary class emblem?

Think you can get extra rep with him if you turn in those oddly named purples you find every now and then.

Whoyouare

I'd be down for doing it this evening, I'd love to go in with a few that know what they are doing but mostly I just want to complete the raid and the two quests I have.

Sounds good. I will study up on some videos so I know what i am doing.

Anyone else interested in running the Oryx fight this evening?

Psn: Manicstreet

phen0m24

You are not alone. Tried with many teams but gave up and went back to enjoying the game. Nerfed BH isn't worth the trouble of that mission. Only wanted it to infuse that into my steelpiercer and grab some blueprints to infuse into my other specials

Exactly. (Insert salty tears here)
Did some quest missions myself.

Miss rolling with you guys, but Josh has taken over the XB1. Hoping he can hook up with you all to try out Kings Fall.

We go to sleep we wake up, there's a new Destiny ot

So are we starting a new weekly Hawk raid? That was fun. Of course you may have the old band back together which is totally cool.

WipedOut

Got to Rank 2 Gunsmith on my warlock last night and was rewarded with a full auto Messenger 2.0

This gun is beastly. Mine dropped at 296 with LB Assault / Glass half full, full auto and fitted stock.

Capture.png

ocean

Banned
So about the Spindle error correction and 3 of Coins fix:

Only thing that bothers me about Bungie is that they have, since launch, reacted to errors which benefit players extremely quickly, but are slow as fuck to deal with stuff that affects us.

VoG got extra killzones, randomized teleport team, Atheon and Templar cheese fix, all before they dealt with the nasty bugs which kept wiping flawless attempts.

Crota's lagswitch and initial versions of Bridge cheese? Hurry fix fix fix!!! Disappearing swords, instakilling Crota etc? We'll see when we can fix.

Now they're going after these cool, but admittedly broken little exploits we've found (100% through their provided mechanisms - no trickery on our part). They're hurrying to fix that. Cool.

But they still haven't said a word about my Moments of Triumph emblem being bugged (like many others, it wiped the counter on my Golden Chest unlocks). No mention of the Firefly/Luck in the Chamber game crashing bug. No mention of faction/Vanguard packages disappearing if you gain multiple ranks without claiming rewards first. No mention of why some people get a Boolean at Queen's rank 2 while others need rank 3.

Why not the same level of diligence? I know some things are harder to fix than others but this is probably not something I am alone in feeling.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
is Rift essentially capture the flag? I went into a match for the marks and didn't even try cuz MM put me into a losing team.

Its easier to come back in Rift than any other game type by far

unless you're playing on Black Shied. Then you're just fucked lol

Wallach

I'm a little confused. So Bungie is going to 'fix' spindle so that it's no longer 300 from the kiosk? Is that correct?

And if so, will weapons previously infused with that 300 spindle be affected?

They said all existing Black Spindles will be lowered to 290, and the kiosk will go down to 280 like all the othee kiosk items

If you infuse some other weapon with a Spindle, it won't be affected by that fix, so it will keep whatever attack value it has after infusion. I wouldn't try to infuse a 300 Spindle because I think it will still get lowered to 290 so that would just be a waste of marks.

Namikaze1

This is my plan:

Infuse random legendary special with 307 black spindle

Infuse again with 310

Wait for patch

Infuse former 300 and now possibly 290 Black Spindle with 295+ legendary

Infuse it with raid special

Infuse it again with the 310 random legendary

Black Spindle back at 310

Boom! Take that, Bungie!

Infusing a 306 into a 300 will give you a 306 weapon. My 310 spindle into a 300 1000yd gave me 308 - so I'm guessing up to 8/9 total difference will give you 100% 10 and above will give you 80%. I'll try finding a 9 difference for science later

MrDaravon

Of course the game finally puts the godtier player from the opposite team on my team the next round, and goes AFK

Bros I am not kidding, since Taken King came out I have only been able to get two rift wins period, have to be up to 15-20+ games

I would literally pay actual real paypal money for a single win at this point, not even fucking joking.

They said all existing Black Spindles will be lowered to 290, and the kiosk will go down to 280 like all the othee kiosk items

If you infuse some other weapon with a Spindle, it won't be affected by that fix, so it will keep whatever attack value it has after infusion. I wouldn't try to infuse a 300 Spindle because I think it will still get lowered to 290 so that would just be a waste of marks.

What? Why put a 310 weapon out there and get people all jazzed about it, only to do that?

Oh well, guess I will infuse my spindle into another sniper then. Thank you for the info!

Top Bottom