• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Ambitious

The gunsmith test weapons were pretty easy this week, was happy to see that non of them required any crucible kills.

Need 290 more rep points until rank 4, very curious to see what happens then. Next reset the first thing I'm doing is getting those gunsmith weapons and racing to rank 4.

Ah shit... just as I made this post I read yours.... that's it?

Did you by any chance hand in any of those legendary fusion rifles to him?

I was really hoping the sleeper stimulant was @ rank 4

I must have missed a trick to get him up to 4. I am about 270 short.

uh, really? lame

How did you get to 4 already? I'm at ~200 away from 4 after doing this weeks field tests. Also, is the emblem a legendary class emblem?

If the point value is within 5 to 6 of the infusing item, you get the full value. Ex 305 item infused to a 300 item, this will bring the 300 item up to 305 giving you 100% of the infusion value.

Sorry guys, it wasn't only the emblem. I just thought the emblem was worth pointing out. Apart from it, I also got this gun:

CPq9snhUEAAgOGV.jpg:large

As for how I was able to hit rank 4: Well, I made use of the NF bonus XP in the first week and field tested all weapons since then. I did indeed find a few of those legendary fusion rifles, too.

WipedOut

So about the Spindle error correction and 3 of Coins fix:

Only thing that bothers me about Bungie is that they have, since launch, reacted to errors which benefit players extremely quickly, but are slow as fuck to deal with stuff that affects us.

VoG got extra killzones, randomized teleport team, Atheon and Templar cheese fix, all before they dealt with the nasty bugs which kept wiping flawless attempts.

Crota's lagswitch and initial versions of Bridge cheese? Hurry fix fix fix!!! Disappearing swords, instakilling Crota etc? We'll see when we can fix.

Now they're going after these cool, but admittedly broken little exploits we've found (100% through their provided mechanisms - no trickery on our part). They're hurrying to fix that. Cool.

But they still haven't said a word about my Moments of Triumph emblem being bugged (like many others, it wiped the counter on my Golden Chest unlocks). No mention of the Firefly/Luck in the Chamber game crashing bug. No mention of faction/Vanguard packages disappearing if you gain multiple ranks without claiming rewards first. No mention of why some people get a Boolean at Queen's rank 2 while others need rank 3.

Why not the same level of diligence? I know some things are harder to fix than others but this is probably not something I am alone in feeling.

what are they doing to the 3 of Coins?

Definity

Another OT already? Never change DGAF!
Today's to do list requires me to finish finding these fragments so I can keep making progress on the ToM weapon. Just need a few more.

Deku Tree

Only thing that bothers me about Bungie is that they have, since launch, reacted to errors which benefit players extremely quickly, but are slow as fuck to deal with stuff that affects us.

VoG got extra killzones, randomized teleport team, Atheon and Templar cheese fix, all before they dealt with the nasty bugs which kept wiping flawless attempts.

Crota's lagswitch and initial versions of Bridge cheese? Hurry fix fix fix!!! Disappearing swords, instakilling Crota etc? We'll see when we can fix.

Now they're going after these cool, but admittedly broken little exploits we've found (100% through their provided mechanisms - no trickery on our part). They're hurrying to fix that. Cool.

But they still haven't said a word about my Moments of Triumph emblem being bugged (like many others, it wiped the counter on my Golden Chest unlocks). No mention of the Firefly/Luck in the Chamber game crashing bug. No mention of faction/Vanguard packages disappearing if you gain multiple ranks without claiming rewards first. No mention of why some people get a Boolean at Queen's rank 2 while others need rank 3.

Why not the same level of diligence? I know some things are harder to fix than others but this is probably not something I am alone in feeling.

What did Bungie say about the 3oC fix?

Lnkn52

I infused 300 maxed rare boots into 295 legendary boots and they resulted in 300 legendary boots! I have no idea why, but that's not 100% accurate.

yeah, it's not 100% accurate but you kind of have an idea what it could be (a starting point).

Frostburn

I need an Oryx kill on my warlock as well, probably won't be available at 6 though. I'll try to squeeze one in at some point though.

Going to start leveling my Titan very soon, my hunter is all caught up.

Noomi I'm up to Oryx along with several other gaffers (We did a full clear up to him two nights ago). I know we can get a group going tonight if you want in.

purg3

slept with Malkin
What? Why put a 310 weapon out there and get people all jazzed about it, only to do that?

Oh well, guess I will infuse my spindle into another sniper then. Thank you for the info!

yeah, I don't get how they didn't know what attack level it was going to drop at. Come on, really? They put it there lol.

Based on the difficulty of the encounter, it seems a fitting reward.

Well personally the draksis 3oC was groundbreaking. People were able to obtain every exotic. That should have been reacted to as quickly as possible since that was super broken.

But yea not saying a word on other bugs is extremely annoying. Also, where'd our Etheric Light conversion!!! We need to do something with those now or they'll be worthless when everyone has all 3 chars above 300.

PuMa

I need an Oryx kill on my warlock as well, probably won't be available at 6 though. I'll try to squeeze one in at some point though.

Going to start leveling my Titan very soon, my hunter is all caught up.

I have the Oryx cp and will be trying to get a team together later tonight 8-9ish EST if you're interested.

Wallach

What? Why put a 310 weapon out there and get people all jazzed about it, only to do that?

Oh well, guess I will infuse my spindle into another sniper then. Thank you for the info!

Well, they didn't mean for it to drop at 310 in the first place apparently. I'm inclined to believe them if only because the kiosk version is 300 which doesn't match any other kiosk purchases.

noomi

I infused 300 maxed rare boots into 295 legendary boots and they resulted in 300 legendary boots! I have no idea why, but that's not 100% accurate.

If you are infusing, and the item level is within 5 points, you will get the full infusion.

Sorry guys, it wasn't only the emblem. I just thought the emblem was worth pointing out. Apart from it, I also got this gun:

As for how I was able to hit rank 4: Well, I made use of the NF bonus XP in the first week and field tested all weapons since then. I did indeed find a few of those legendary fusion rifles, too.

I love Hakke weapons, that hand cannon looks VERY cool, nice perks too!

Noomi I'm up to Oryx along with several other gaffers (We did a full clear up to him two nights ago). I know we can get a group going tonight if you want in.

I have the Oryx cp and will be trying to get a team together later tonight 8-9ish EST if you're interested.

Hey guys, thanks for the offer, but I am not sure what time I will be available tonight, and I am anticipating getting the kill with a few people already.

If that changes I will certainly let you know :)

Thanks again!

Ambitious

CPqoYQ8WIAEtEq5.jpg:large

I think that's the first time I ever had a FR with maximum impact. Shame about the charge rate, though. Even with Accelerated Coils, it's quite low.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So are we starting a new weekly Hawk raid? That was fun. Of course you may have the old band back together which is totally cool.
Well sure. Funny I know Jay just started playing again at least lol

Wednesdays might still be best for me for that
CPqoYQ8WIAEtEq5.jpg:large

I think that's the first time I ever had a FR with maximum impact. Shame about the charge rate, though. Even with Accelerated Coils, it's quite low.
My next purchase. Charge rate has to be low with that impact. Good fusion to practice cooking your charge on!

Deku Tree

Yeah I think if the difference is five or less and your going to the max then they give you all five. On the other hand if your not going to max then they only give you four. So I infused a 290 with a 295 last night and got 294.

I had that NF bonus to get to r1 initially was well. So I guess one of those purple thingies made the difference. I don't recall how much rep you get for one, and I haven't had one in a while. I don't even remember where they typically drop.

ich00

The highs and lows of Destiny:

Last night a frind and I were doing some tier 1 and tier 2 CoO when a 3 man team comes hopping over (litterally). They invite us into thier party chat and ask is we're up for a tier 3? Neither of us had done it yet, so of course we're in. We then spend the next hour or two killing baby Crota for everyone there, and even doing a few tier 2's so that a third friend who jumped in could try and get a rune for tier 3 (he did!). It was probably one of the better moments I've had in the game recently and speaks to how random and fun this game can be.

We then spent the next 3 hours trying for that stupid spindle, never getting it.

Next up complete a raid!

Dave_6

Anyone still need to do the Petra quest? I'm at step 5 (Taken Assault: Venus) and I want that exotic scout rifle. I have to be in a fireteam to get this done. Anyone else at this step and want to finish it tonight?

Ambitious

I had that NF bonus to get to r1 initially was well. So I guess one of those purple thingies made the difference. I don't recall how much rep you get for one, and I haven't had one in a while. I don't even remember where they typically drop.

Earlier today, one was dropped by a strike boss.

Whoyouare

Hey Puma,

US-Frostburn & Manicstreet (me) are trying to get a group to finish Oryx off tonight as well. Would you mind if we tagged along? The time frame you gave would be perfect.

SkylineRKR

Anyone still need to do the Petra quest? I'm at step 5 (Taken Assault: Venus) and I want that exotic scout rifle. I have to be in a fireteam to get this done. Anyone else at this step and want to finish it tonight?

A fireteam would make things easier but I did this whole quest line alone regardless. There was always player activity at the Citadel. For Mars its the Scablands thats likely most crowded.

This is my issue with Bungie. The heavy ammo glitch lasted for like 6 months or more. Its ridiculous. But look how quickly they indeed fixed the bridge, but also the Abyss lamp (which doesn't matter anyway). And the Crota disconnect cheese.

The queen thing is also something of an oversight they won't fix. If you're new, you have one hell of a grind to the Boolean unless i'm seeing things wrong. I didn't play HoW that much but was at least rank 2 and a quarter or something. I had to play the HoW campaign fully, and along with her 3 bounties and the whole questline I am 400 rep shy of rank 3.

noomi

The highs and lows of Destiny:

Last night a frind and I were doing some tier 1 and tier 2 CoO when a 3 man team comes hopping over (litterally). They invite us into thier party chat and ask is we're up for a tier 3? Neither of us had done it yet, so of course we're in. We then spend the next hour or two killing baby Crota for everyone there, and even doing a few tier 2's so that a third friend who jumped in could try and get a rune for tier 3 (he did!). It was probably one of the better moments I've had in the game recently and speaks to how random and fun this game can be.

We then spent the next 3 hours trying for that stupid spindle, never getting it.

Next up complete a raid!

Court of Oryx is a very positive addition to Destiny. I really enjoy it.

100x better than what PoE turned out to be.

Enjoying that all the gunsmith weapons for this week can be completed in the first area of the dreadnaught. Makes hafnium flake farming a bit more interesting by multitasking.

phen0m24

I'm working on that quest. I think I have earth to do first.

Still need to do Nightfall and/or weeklies

This game has no content

KAPPA

So much to do still on my main before I worry about getting my alts up. Still need to:

Finish up the ace of spades quest
Finish collecting fragments for ToC and do the quest
Finish the taken war quests
Complete the raid again to get the 310 artifact

Hopefully I can get that done today and tomorrow and then focus on getting at least my Titan raid ready this weekend.

PuMa

Hey Puma,

US-Frostburn & Manicstreet (me) are trying to get a group to finish Oryx off tonight as well. Would you mind if we tagged along? The time frame you gave would be perfect.

Yeah man, let's do it. My timing is always up in the air (depends on when the babies decide to go to sleep), but I should be available between 8-9 EST.

Frostburn

Oryx kill 8ish PM EST tonight?

1. US-Frostburn
2. Manicstreet
3. Puma
4. KC_Darkness

I'd really like some of the raid group from the other night to come back if you guys are around as we had a ton of fun doing the full clear up to that point. Also anyone that has a clear or two under their belt would be amazing as for most of us it will be our first time killing him. I've watched a video and done the Sisters fight enough to get the basic gist.

ich00

Court of Oryx is a very positive addition to Destiny. I really enjoy it.

100x better than what PoE turned out to be.

Yea I kinda feel like CoO is what PoE should have been, or really could have been. It's a bummer too, there are some really interresting encounters in PoE.

Doing daily. Hop in if you want free legendary marks. Also to see if there's a secret room or something. :p

It better not be, today is a day that I will need to be off from destiny, 15 hours a day with destiny since launch of the taken king has taken its toll on me haha

Frostburn

u guys didnt clear oryx last night?

The rest of the group might have, spent most of my night hanging with the wife to make up for Tuesday night lol. We didn't even attempt him Tuesday night as it was so late though I'm sure with the group we had we would have been able to down him.

SkylineRKR

CoO is the only new thing I've enjoyed, tbh. getting randoms to play together easily is good.

Yeah I ignored it until yesterday. Its great. The quest is ridiculously easy and fun to do, and the reward is very good. I love how accessible this is. I think it shows potential for the future, Bungie could expand this to the other planets, perhaps creating huge boss battles that attracts a dozen of players on a big field.

We got the Spindle after about 3 attempts. The ship too. Only problem is I have no real good special to transfer the 310 into. Guess I'm have to pick something soon and just infuse that back into a Spindle after the Nerf. Should wind up with 305-307.

That was an interesting Destiny Day I must say.

Top Bottom