• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogeypop

Good job team, that was a close game.
Surprised we still got End of Activity rewards anyways

ZB02Rky.jpg

Apparently Xur will now be selling new currency that allows you to reroll Exotic Armour perks.

Players can now reroll Stat nodes and Upgrade nodes on Exotic armor via the “Twist Fate” node
Twist Fate will require Glimmer, Armor materials, and a Glass Needle, which will be available from Xur during his weekly visits

Exotic getting random stats with random perks shouldnt exist on first place, the same with raid gear with different light level

GhaleonEB

What are the ways to get rep for Queen's Wrath? I have a friend who re-started on Xbone, so his QR rep started at zero, and after going through the main story he's just now gotten to rank 2. But you need to be rank 3 to get Boolean Gemini (sp?) and that will take weeks of doing Petra's weekly bounties. I thought there was another way to get her rep but I might be mistaken.

SeanR1221

Can't get the download to work. It keeps getting to around 80% preparing to download and then freezes and drops to 0%. I re started and deleted it like 4 times now.

Mupod

Can't get the download to work. It keeps getting to around 80% preparing to download and then freezes and drops to 0%. I re started and deleted it like 4 times now.

this is what happened to me and now for no reason I'm redownloading 18 gigs at fucking snail-ass speeds. PSN please.

It's funny to have quit the game a month after release because of seeing the kind of grind it was shaping up to be, returning a year later because TTK seemed to fix a lot of problems, thoroughly enjoying it for a couple of weeks, then suddenly it seems like there might be a return to the old grindy ways. I'm ready to bail if that's how things shake out. There are a lot of big releases coming soon and I have a hell of a backlog, too.
It seems to be the way I'll be playing Destiny from now on. Get it at launch, have lots of fun for a month, and then bail out until the next content drop so as to avoid the grind.

It works for me. I've spent more money on some other games that I've played less.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What are the ways to get rep for Queen's Wrath? I have a friend who re-started on Xbone, so his QR rep started at zero, and after going through the main story he's just now gotten to rank 2. But you need to be rank 3 to get Boolean Gemini (sp?) and that will take weeks of doing Petra's weekly bounties. I thought there was another way to get her rep but I might be mistaken.
I'm not sure if there are any other ways; I think there are some quests with her that give you rep, and the bounties award 500.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Exotic getting random stats with random perks shouldnt exist on first place, the same with raid gear with different light level
I don't mind the varying Light level on the Raid gear so much, it means I can feed it into stuff I like. The flipside is, I did two Raids last night and got nothing but drops to feed into other gear. The only partially-useful piece I got was the Kingslayer shell, but with Disc/Str and not Int/Disc like I wanted.

Tovarisc

I wonder if that IB's rep buff also affects those weekly bounties? If it does then smart play would be hold on to those until e.g. Friday.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Every reset, Petra has 3 bounties that hand out a decently significant amount of rep. Just gotta stay on it. :/

Sullichin

I must have not done these quests you're talking about because I'm still rank 0, almost at 1. Been there since HOW.

As far as I know, the bounties are the only way to rank up Queen's Wrath. I've been trying to do the same thing as your friend. Completing the House of Wolves story got me halfway between Rank 1 and 2.

I must have not done these quests you're talking about because I'm still rank 0, almost at 1. Been there since HOW.

House of Wolves quest is the story portion of the House of Wolves expansion. If you haven't completed it, you can find it in the Abandoned Quests kiosk if you've already completed the vanilla Destiny story. If you haven't completed the Destiny storyline, the House of Wolves section will unlock shortly after you reach the Moon. You can also complete Taken War: Petra and it's subsequent quests, which will also give you some rep.

Mupod

Now stuck at preparing to download 0%...

I'm probably going to get screwed out of my one night where I have a decent amount of time to do raids and stuff because of this, aren't I?

Petra has 3 quests for 1000 rep a week and you can pull the House of Wolves quest line from the abandoned kiosk and replay some of that for additional rep. Took me a couple weeks to get from 1 and half rep to 3

Well this was in my postmaster. Same thing the Destiny youtubers have been getting.

DU4foeL.jpg

suog2Op.jpg

it dropped Come at Me, Cower, Bow Down, Booyah, Enthusiastic Dance, Victory Cheer and Congrats

Luke, you got some explaining to do.

Well is it a hand selected drop or random? I figured it would be tied to Bungie.net or something; I'll feel like an ass if it's the former.

Then again, Bungie has never known me to be dishonest about the positive or negative thoughts I have about their games.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Well this was in my postmaster. Same thing the Destiny youtubers have been getting.

DU4foeL.jpg

suog2Op.jpg

it dropped Come at Me, Cower, Bow Down, Booyah, Enthusiastic Dance, Victory Cheer and Congrats

Is it a hand selected drop or random? I'll feel like an ass if it's the former, but Bungie has never known me to be dishonest about the positive or negative feelings I have about their games.
Wait.. wh.. how!?

SnakeEyes

Banned

DU4foeL.jpg

suog2Op.jpg

WTF?! Free stuff??!? You lucky S.O.B... >.>
Edit: This is the sort of stuff that should be given to people who've been playing since Day 01.

Also, Iron Banner sidearm in week 1?! Fuck. Yes

Gimme that beauty!

Anyone looking to do King's Fall on PS4 soon? We're looking to start in a half an hour and want to get it done within 2 hours. We just need two more.

Mupod

Anyone else having trouble downloading the update? I have enough free space.

yes, see my above comments. It seems to actually be slowly filling the progress bar, but I don't understand why it's downloading 18 gigs of stuff. I had my PS4 on in rest mode all day so this should have downloaded automatically right?

I can download an 18 gig game off steam in 10 minutes or less and this is going to take upwards of an hour at this rate too.

edit: I switched to google dns (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) and rebooted my PS4 which seems to have sped it up somewhat.

DU4foeL.jpg

suog2Op.jpg

Well is it a hand selected drop or random? I figured it would be tied to Bungie.net or something; I'll feel like an ass if it's the former.

Then again, Bungie has never known me to be dishonest about the positive or negative thoughts I have about their games.

Damn bro. You're more e-famous than you thought

Taborcarn

Did you buy the collector's edition? Bungie posted something about fixing an issue that CO owners were not getting their emotes.

Jinjo

After playing IB for a few matches tonight I can only say:

S U R O S R E G I M E

The Golden Boy has returned to the gardens of I.B.

Xion385

yes, see my above comments. It seems to actually be slowly filling the progress bar, but I don't understand why it's downloading 18 gigs of stuff. I had my PS4 on in rest mode all day so this should have downloaded automatically right?

I can download an 18 gig game off steam in 10 minutes or less and this is going to take upwards of an hour at this rate too.
WTF? Why is it 18 gigs? Are each new emote 1GB each?

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
wow
I'm not very good at PVP, but was MVP and got all 3 bounties done in my first IB match.

Touch of Malice and light 305 may be to blame (not a single shotgun kill, and super is nightstalker)

IB is terrible and NF is terrible. Not doing either this week. Neither are worth it. Thanks for making your content so incredible not worth it that a lot of people don't even bother with it, Bungie. Bravo. Bra. Vo.

Kalamari

Fix your damn shotguns, Bungie, I don't see how this is so difficult.

Just imagine they are Hand Cannons, maybe that will help.

R0ckman

Sorry for holding the team back Bogeypop, had my son screaming in here, kind of tired as well. Just not a good IB day it seems.

Went into a match after the train stopped got top score and still lost the game. I don't know, I kind of don't like control in some cases. I think people respawn too fast in it. Sometimes when fighting over a zone it's like a constant steam if enemies, sometimes I end up dying because I have to reload from killing so many of them at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom