• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just need one more for Flayer Mantle farming! Come get your fabulous on!

Give me 5, i'll join you.

Are you doing the 'quit to orbit till you get dust palace' thingy?

I'd rather just do the playlist, running the same strike over and over doesn't sound like fun to me.

Happy to quit if we get undying mind though. :p

Is everyone keeping or even using their raid weapons? I'm keeping one of each because that's what I did for the previous raid weapons, but now that infusing is a thing, I'm having second thoughts.
I don't think that 310 raid handcannon I got is EVER going to be useful.

Is everyone keeping or even using their raid weapons? I'm keeping one of each because that's what I did for the previous raid weapons, but now that infusing is a thing, I'm having second thoughts.

You are correct. That handcannon is trash. I would use the 310 to infuse without a second thought.

shem935

Banned

Food for thought. A 309 doom of chelchis did 1000 vs an oracle. A 170 VOC did 1650 plus a 300 damage buff to oracles.

Ah I misunderstood. Thought you were talking about older raid weapons. It's too late for me too be posting.

Bogeypop

Give me 5, i'll join you.

Are you doing the 'quit to orbit till you get dust palace' thingy?

I'd rather just do the playlist, running the same strike over and over doesn't sound like fun to me.

Happy to quit if we get undying mind though. :p

Depends what TalentBurke wants to do. I'd prefer to do Heroic Strikes and the "Quit out to Orbit" method, but if we get quick Strikes like Cerberus Vae III/Valus Ta'aruc, The Shadow Thief/Taniks, or Echo Chamber/Restorative Mind. I don't mind doing those for Streak bonuses and by actually doing a Strike it usually makes Dust Palace pop up.

Doomguy84

Anyone experienced beating Oryx interested in helping me beat the bastard? I'm pretty experienced doing the relic/running part but my friends and I seem to struggle finishing him off. Its just me tho, and I have the checkpoint for Oryx PSN: Doomguy1984

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I don't have the meme but you know you done fucked up right?
unless they don't actuakly nerf it

I totally messed up!! Haha
So if I knew the nerf was coming with this patch tomorrow I will infuse it into a random sniper and then use that post patch to level up another Black Spindle.

Just need a heads up.

Edit: everything seems less stressful after getting an engram to turn into a 310 Telesto.
My 307 one can be kept and I can use this 310 one to get my post patch Spindle up to 310.
:)
That was a sweet pickup.

So if I knew the nerf was coming with this patch tomorrow I will infuse it into a random sniper and then use that post patch to level up another Black Spindle.

Just need a heads up.

You should probably do it as soon as you can if you are planning on doing it either way. They already gave a heads up that the patch is coming this week so it can drop anytime.

Mupod

Gah, just finished a 5 1/2 hour drive...wasn't expecting traffic as there's usually nothing on Sunday nights. That drive always makes it impossible to sleep so it's Destiny time.

You are correct. That handcannon is trash. I would use the 310 to infuse without a second thought.

yeah I got one of those at 310 and I might feed it to Bad Juju. Been using that on my Sunbreaker lately and it's one of those exotics you can't get at 310 normally...maybe as a nightfall reward? Wasn't holding my breath.

I feel obligated to keep 1 of each raid weapon though. Never know what they'll do.

there's really very little variation that's allowed.

small mistakes are not recoverable.

Finally, its challenge (and thus interest for raiders who are expected to run this weekly, if not more than that) only exists for new players.[/B]

These are the three biggest issues with KF. It's too rigid which makes it less replayable. "One missed jump = wipe" is bad design, it really exacerbates the rigidity problems of Daughters and Oryx. There are only two common outcomes for replaying those encounters: perfect execution that's a boring clear or tiny mistake that's a tedious wipe.

The only thing I disagree with is challenge. Challenge can be part of what makes something interesting but it's not interesting in and of itself. Every encounter moves to the farm eventually but some of them stay interesting. HM Scrota was simultaneously challenging and the most boring activity in the game. Templar is always fun because it has interesting mechanics, especially the relic itself.

KF desperately needs a singular mechanic as compelling as the VoG relic but sadly they've been going the opposite direction. Crota's sword is less interesting than Kabr's shield and the KF relic barely qualifies as interactive. "Hold square when prompted" is the sum total. Compare that to the VoG relic which works for attack and defense, interacts with boss mechanics, and provides mechanical storytelling by mimicking Kabr's Fist of Havoc and Ward of Dawn.

Depends what TalentBurke wants to do. I'd prefer to do Heroic Strikes and the "Quit out to Orbit" method, but if we get quick Strikes like Cerberus Vae III/Valus Ta'aruc, The Shadow Thief/Taniks, or Echo Chamber/Restorative Mind. I don't mind doing those for Streak bonuses and by actually doing a Strike it usually makes Dust Palace pop up.

Actually count me out, it's almost time for the Oryx kill with Ghaelon and his friends.

I'll be up for strikes after that.

Just need a heads up.

Edit: everything seems less stressful after getting an engram to turn into a 310 Telesto.
My 307 one can be kept and I can use this 310 one to get my post patch Spindle up to 310.
:)
That was a sweet pickup.
With all the 310 telesto sand hereafter's that drop, yeah. No problem getting something to infuse into the spindle.

daedalius

These are the three biggest issues with KF. It's too rigid which makes it less replayable. "One missed jump = wipe" is bad design, it really exacerbates the rigidity problems of Daughters and Oryx. There are only two common outcomes for replaying those encounters: perfect execution that's a boring clear or tiny mistake that's a tedious wipe.

The only thing I disagree with is challenge. Challenge can be part of what makes something interesting but it's not interesting in and of itself. Every encounter moves to the farm eventually but some of them stay interesting. HM Scrota was simultaneously challenging and the most boring activity in the game. Templar is always fun because it has interesting mechanics, especially the relic itself.

KF desperately needs a singular mechanic as compelling as the VoG relic but sadly they've been going the opposite direction. Crota's sword is less interesting than Kabr's shield and the KF relic barely qualifies as interactive. "Hold square when prompted" is the sum total. Compare that to the VoG relic which works for attack and defense, interacts with boss mechanics, and provides mechanical storytelling by mimicking Kabr's Fist of Havoc and Ward of Dawn.

This is spot on

Having to call a wipe because of one missed jump isn't fun

FStop7

Banned
Got my first ever exotic drop, a 290 Don't Touch Me.

I was lvling up my Titan. I'd just hit 22 and figured I'd try a Vanguard legacy strike. Got The Nexus. Wasn't sure if exotics could drop on the lvl 20 strike playlist but I took a chance and used 3oC at the start of the final boss. When he died he puked up 3 or 4 blues and an exotic.

I decrypted it w/ my Hunter, which is lvl 40 but only 232 light. Pretty happy with the result!

Yeah, Kings Fall is extremely rigid. It means that it's extremely easy to do on repeat, but it also means that it's unsalvageable when something goes wrong. VoG and Crotas End atleast were salvageable when someone messed up or something went wrong. If Hard Mode is just going to be more of the same just with shorter timers or more damage output/health pool from enemies, then well...it's a shame. It's one thing that they already repeat the same mechanic 4 times in the raid(Boss can't be damaged until you reach the damage phase), that if the Hard Mode doesn't throw a huge curveball it's going to be a disappointment.

I mean, aesthetically it's great. The platform parts are probably the best part of the raid IMO. The bosses are great the first time around, but leave more to be desired from them. I hope going forward, they don't stick to this type of mechanic where the boss is invulnerable until a damage phase is hit and then everyone switches to Sniper Rifles. Have some variety, do something different. The fact that the best weapon to use in the raid for all the boss fights is a Sniper Rifle(ToM for the last 2), is well...sad and shows the lack of imagination of the designers in creating a compelling boss fight.

SheHateMe

I've had no luck beating Oryx. Between just flat out running out of energy/patience/time and real life stuff, I've seen the mechanics of the fight and participated more times than I care to acknowledge to not have taken him down.

FOUR (4) teams I've been a part of. Three made it to Oryx but couldn't get him down; one team made it to the sisters. I know my role, my pillar, my position. I have the guns and the skill... Just not the time, apparently.

I've spent more time in this raid this week than in both VoG and Crota combined. With HM included.

I just want to murder Oryx. And get a Jade Rabbit.

Is that too much to ask?

I've had no luck beating Oryx. Between just flat out running out of energy/patience/time and real life stuff, I've seen the mechanics of the fight and participated more times than I care to acknowledge to not have taken him down.

FOUR (4) teams I've been a part of. Three made it to Oryx but couldn't get him down; one team made it to the sisters. I know my role, my pillar, my position. I have the guns and the skill... Just not the time, apparently.

I've spent more time in this raid this week than in both VoG and Crota combined. With HM included.

Is that too much to ask?

I know your pain. It was finally on my seventh group when I beat him. Once you have a group of experienced people, it's a cakewalk.

Mupod

how well do you have to do in mayhem rumble to get the marks?

I got some in 2nd place previously. Also got 1st just now because lol sunbreaker.

SheHateMe

I know your pain. It was finally on my seventh group when I beat him. Once you have a group of experienced people, it's a cakewalk.

I had that group! LOL

iRAWR and company was killing it and we took a sleep break and I missed the return to it and they finished Oryx in 2 or 3 tries, I believe.

I do agree; a missed jump should not be an automatic wipe, which is what has been happening to me in my groups.

Anyone experienced beating Oryx interested in helping me beat the bastard? I'm pretty experienced doing the relic/running part but my friends and I seem to struggle finishing him off. Its just me tho, and I have the checkpoint for Oryx PSN: Doomguy1984

Is that too much to ask?

I'm happy to help w an Oryx kill if there are enough people around.

Check your party settings, do you have people on mute or is your mic set to mute by any chance?

I checked the party settings to make sure it was priortized. I can perfectly talk to people in game chat, but for some reason once I am in a party chat I can't hear anyone.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
LT unfortunately had to drop out, Need 1 for KF starting at Golgoroth. It's getting a little late for me on a Sunday so someone 300+ would be a huge help but will take anyone.

Today's KF clear got my Warlock Gauntlets, 309 boots, Sniper, primary fodder for my Red Death, and best of all...310 Truth. Come at me Brovance!

S/O to everyone that joined. You guys did awesome..Especially the first timers! GG feels good man.

Glad we were able to knock it out! Hopefully you got some decent gear.

Thank you as well!

RexNovis

Banned

I can help out on my Titan if y'all need another.

LT unfortunately had to drop out, Need 1 for KF starting at Golgoroth. It's getting a little late for me on a Sunday so someone 300+ would be a huge help but will take anyone.

My Titan is 303 and id be happy to help y'all out as well. Whichever is needed.

Sounds good - did I get everyone's PSN ID right?

1) Bungie dude 1
2) Bungie dude 2
3) SlenderBeans (GAF: SlenderBeans)
4) ruthlesbarbarian (GAF Death Jr.)
5) xplicitone (GAF: xplicitone)
6) final_spyder (GAF: Chums Knifeblade)

And thanks everyone - appreciated.

15 minutes!

You guys seriously have to stop with your obsessive cloak farming. Your children are asking for their daddies and I'm running out of excuses on what to tell them.
Your insatiable thirst for those fabulous mantles are going to tear this family apart.

we can do which ever. I've been going to orbit since I've been waiting, only ran it about three times in the last hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom