• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

FINALLY

CRF357EWwAA5q0I.jpg

DESERVES TOP OF PAGE EZ

elaborate?

With Incendiary blade equipped throwing knives are supposed to do burn damage similar to the burn on fire bolt or Incendiary grenades. I believe it does 3 or 4 ticks of damage at 7 each resulting in 21 or 28 extra damage on a target. The issue is the burn only procs like 50% of the time when it should be 100%, often robbing players of what would otherwise be a kill.

is there also a bug with the Sunbreakers melee? is seems to only hit for small damage on a fresh hit.

I haven't played Sunbreaker enough to know. I have heard something about something funky about their melee.

Mindlog

i can help with those

you need to be the 1# player ;)
I cleared to Nightfall on my Warlock.
No plans to do it on my Hunter or Titan. The horror.
keeping 1 of each because I can't not. I only actually like the LMG (though I admittedly love it). everyone is complaining about dupes and I'm sitting here like YES because it means I can infuse guns I actually enjoy, which there are quite a few of indeed.
I may be the only person that likes using the raid weapons I have. My 305 Firefly handcannon will never infuse something else. It's very effective against mid-range and cocoon pairs nicely with Telesto and other favorite specials. Scout Rifle doesn't have full auto, but again I like cocoon and will of light.

The shotgun wrecks those Taken shield boogers before they unleash their physics attack.
Fusion Rifle is OK, but so are lots of other Fusion Rifles.
HMG is strong.

Still. It would be nice to infuse my Bad Juju.

Irregular capitalization because it's late and tomorrow is a day off.

holy shit single digit K/Ds.

these ANCHORS so heavy

So when are you coming along for a DGAF raid party? Id love to be part of it; we gotta get you out of your lurker shell. :) besides; who else can claim to raid with the one and only destiny raid designer.

On the real though; what was the theme for Kings Fall?

Frenden

Banned
Todd and I will, either together or independently, probably be running Iron Banner trains all week. I'm taking a brief sabbatical and having a tryst with Metal Gear Online until Tuesday.

BraXzy

keeping 1 of each because I can't not. I only actually like the LMG (though I admittedly love it). everyone is complaining about dupes and I'm sitting here like YES because it means I can infuse guns I actually enjoy, which there are quite a few of indeed.

The problem is when the dupes consistently drop below 302 :(

Todd and I will, either together or independently, probably be running Iron Banner trains all week. I'm taking a brief sabbatical and having a tryst with Metal Gear Online until Tuesday.

I too shall run an Iron Banner train this week.

It shall be the Breezy Express™. Or if I'm feeling moody the Limbo Express™, where I will cause my train to lose constantly and blame it on lag.

EITHER WAY BE READY FOR THE BREEZY EXPRESS™. The best named Train on DGaf!©

Ikkarus

these ANCHORS so heavy
Thought this might be a great time to ask Luke.

The helm of Krolok is listed as a Hunter strike exclusive drop yet I haven't seen a single person with it, can you confirm that this can actually be obtained at the moment?

Mupod

I've been getting my Titan ready to throw hammers at everybody next week. I love IB because it's practically the only time I can get gaf into the damn crucible. Trials is too tryhard for me to actually have fun but IB is just right. Will be fun being on the higher end of the level scale this time, I was always way behind everyone else in past IBs.

Also Eirene (LITC sniper from armsday) is fucking bullshit goddamn. I expect it to get nerfed thoroughly but for now I got it to 310 because it's so good.

I still don't understand how people are able to perfectly headshot me with a sniper rifle when I'm wailing on them with Bad Juju. I don't know about you guys but my aim goes fucking crazy if I get so much as nicked by a bullet. Even unflinching does nothing, if I decide to be an asshole and pull out Her Benevolence.

Congrats on that super quick Daughters-Oryx kill everyone, especially our first-timer SheHateMe! Easy mode.

Doing the Daily story now if anyone still needs it, just join on me.

BraXzy

i have plenty of stuff below 300, lol.

Nooblet!

I'm excited for hard mode. I'm hoping it drops soon but I'm assuming they will wait till after the upcoming PvP events. Gotta get me dat helmet.

I'm pretty sure as far as getting 310 across the board, my leg pieces will be holding me back the longest considering the lack of exotics that could drop at 310.

Thought this might be a great time to ask Luke.

The helm of Krolok is listed as a Hunter strike exclusive drop yet I haven't seen a single person with it, can you confirm that this can actually be obtained at the moment?

It drops off the...Phogoth strike, which isn't in vanguard rotation. The omnigul exclusive gear does drop outside of the strike playlist, so you'd probably have to grind out phogoth.

Note:Despite my devilish good looks, I am not luke smith.

Note Note:I am neither Freddy Mercury despite what my dulce tones may lead you to believe otherwise.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
mayhem rumble is essentially my favorite thing that has ever existed. Also, Gunslinger is damn legit in that mode. Also, Ace of Spades is such a damn fine weapon.
there's a perverse kind of pleasure that accompanies besting someone with "XxProScopeXx" in their name.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I beat the undying mind solo...not that hard at all. Onto the next step for my malice!

Mupod

mayhem rumble is essentially my favorite thing that has ever existed. Also, Gunslinger is damn legit in that mode. Also, Ace of Spades is such a damn fine weapon.

there's a perverse kind of pleasure that accompanies besting someone with "XxProScopeXx" in their name.

I had way more fun in there than I thought I would today. This is 100% only because I was playing a Sunbreaker.

Ikkarus

It drops off the...Phogoth strike, which isn't in vanguard rotation. The omnigul exclusive gear does drop outside of the strike, so you'd probably have to grind out phogoth.

Note:Despite my devilish good looks, I am not luke smith.

Note Note:I am neither Freddy Mercury despite what my dulce tones may lead you to believe otherwise.
Yeah people have said Phogoth but again I haven't seen or heard of anyone on GAF or anywhere else getting it to drop. You would at least expect 1 of them to have dropped by now. Yet zero have been reported which leads me to suspect it isn't actually obtainable at the moment.

Mindlog

I beat the undying mind solo...not that hard at all. Onto the next step for my malice!
I felt the same.
The final mission is my absolute favorite in the game. Really enjoyed how many mechanics they layered on top of one another.

I never broke it by just using overwhelming DPS against the Shade.
Has anyone reached gunsmith rank 5 for the First Curse quest yet?
After getting the quest you have to do stuff then wait for Armsday. This is the step I am on. After that there is more stuff and another Armsday wait.
Others are already on the final step and will get First Curse this Armsday iirc.

GhaleonEB

Yeah. Skolas was fucking awesome. The mechanical design was great. But that's also why it was hard-it was full on MMO raid fight mechanics. Juggling the debuff, having to move to dismantle mines, and during the first phase worrying about the damage phase.

I guess what I'm talking about when I say the DPS phase is bad is like..yeah MMO's have that, but they have gradual fights that have you constantly DPSing, but situations are created where you stop DPSing not because the boss is invulnerable, but because something else gets in your way. Like, there's a fight in WoW called The Iron Maidens which combines movement, switching damage from bosses, and a phase where you have to avoid shit blowing up around you, as well as phases where you have to worry about deadly skills. The Oryx fight has this. It's the most mechanically intense fight of the raid because there's alot of things to watch out for, and you can kinda mess up without wiping(When it comes to just the blights.) Every other fight in the raid falls short of it. Warpriest and Golgoroth both suffer from 'Adds then boss then adds again'. Sure they both have unique mechanics(Keeping up the damage buff/Gaze) but it's mechanically lame of sorts, there's not more to it then that. The Totem Boss fight is a great example as well, the objective is to do a sort of relay race while taking care of adds and worrying about a debuff(Like Skolas of sorts). I actually wish you had to manually 'pick up' the buff like the Skolas debuff, not because it's artificial difficulty but it increases the amount of communication.

I guess what I'm saying is I dislike the 'boss is invulnerable until you trigger DPS phase'. Don't have the boss fights be spikes within a path,-the spikes being where you damage the boss-have the bosses be a challenge where multiple things are happening whilst keeping damage on the boss. A hectic boss fight is good. The only thing Skolas suffered from was the immense amount of adds it threw at you, the only flaw really.
To add to this, I think we can distinguish between DPS phases that are timed, and those that are driven by the players. With Oryx we spend a lot of time running around waiting or otherwise setting up to deal damage to him; same with that big knight dude at the mid point. The Templar fight in VoG is in theory similar, but the damage window is triggered by the players, is coordinated, and can be shortened by the relic holder being efficient in charging it up. Because they're player driven cycles, they don't feel like busy work to me.

My first impression with the KF bosses was there was too much standing in position waiting to do damage, rather than manipulating the situation ala Templar, which I much prefer.

these ANCHORS so heavy

Don't know if you are the best person to be giving this feedback to Luke but suppose it is worth a shot. Any chance that the Darkblade helm could be changed to work with shaders? Kinda sucks after grinding for it that it doesn't fit with any of the current shader schemes.

Mupod

Don't know if you are the best person to be giving this feedback to Luke but suppose it is worth a shot. Any chance that the Darkblade helm could be changed to work with shaders? Kinda sucks after grinding for it that it doesn't fit with any of the current shader schemes.

Try Goldspiral. It's what I do.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it's not hard but the boss room is incredibly tedious when you are the only thing for all the adds to blame at. with no modifiers it's a very simple and even enjoyable strike but I had no desire to do the boss alone. props to you for not minding.

To add to this, I think we can distinguish between DPS phases that are timed, and those you are able driven by the players. With Oryx we spend a lot of time running around waiting or otherwise setting up to deal damage to him; same with that big knight dude at the mid point. The Templar fight in VoG is in theory similar, but the damage window is triggered by the players, is coordinated, and can be shortened by the relic holder being efficient in charging it up. Because they're player driven cycles, they don't feel like busy work to me.

My first impression with the KF bosses was there was too much standing in position waiting to do damage, rather than manipulating the situation ala Templar, which I much prefer.
I like this raid, but it definitely isn't a good sign that I have the most fun with my groups when doing the platforming. This raid's greatest problem you nailed righto n the head---there is too much sitting around waiting to hurt the bosses.
I hope you followed proper gentleman etiquette and sent him a message afterwards talking smack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom