• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posted this in the OT, but I figure I'll ask here as well.

Pursue the Echo is kicking my ass. Anyone up for helping me real quick?

Edit: Quest is called Fear's Embrace, my mistake.

2real4tv

Finished up the rare materials portion of the solar exotic sword mission where is the best place to complete the abilities portion?

So, I. Just leveled up to 40, and made some dailies. Can some one give me a nice guide? in what I need to do know for me to at least try the new raid.

GlamFM

Banned
So, I. Just leveled up to 40, and made some dailies. Can some one give me a nice guide? in what I need to do know for me to at least try the new raid.

Get to around 285. Get a nice sniper. 1000 Yard stare is really good for the raid.

Work on your quests, especially the taken wars quest-line.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It is..however I managed to hide on a ledge by the bottom right corner of the boss room map. As soon as he came close, I flew to the ledge and started pounding him non-stop on Undying Minds unprotected head with my Telesto, machine gun heavy and my primary. He went down quicker than with a group. Gonna have to farm the CoO so I can get a calcified fragment and whatnot...gotta hit 45 for the next step!
only had one more to go so I went for it. I was overcome with an urge for a challenge so I soloed the special Fear's Embrace that ends the questline. After I did it a few times and realizing when the wizard spawns, killing her (and thus ending the quest proper) wasn't that crazy, but because I am a sadist I had to go on and kill the echo before I let myself go to orbit. took forfucking ever.
CRGWr4SW8AA0vAv.png:orig
Incredibly tough mission to solo, the number of hazards in that room by the end of the fight is just hilarious. Shoutout to Bladedancer for getting me there, my Byronic Hero and Thesan FR both with Life Support, Shadowshot for making the kill possible and my gleaming Sleeper Simulant for making it happen.

Pretty big weekend for hawkstiny all in all

Got my Warlock raidworthy, ran his first one and hit 297
Got my Sol Edge quest to the Armsday part
In addition to the Touch, the feel, of Malice, and the Sleeper Simulant, got:
-310 Invective
-310 Light Beyond Nemesis
-307 raid helm for my Hunter
-Apple of Discord infused to 300
-Hitchhiker infused to 300
-Stillpiercer
-Ace of Spades

Now if I could just quit my job and destroy all interpersonal connections in my life I'd really be getting somewhere!

Seriously though at the pace I've been playing TTK it has been enormously enjoyable for me, I hope there are those of you out there who are on a similar path. My quest log is still just stuffed to the gills on my Hunter, let alone my other two characters, and I feel like there's at least a secret or two still to come. Outside of the damn exotic sword material farming, I really have had fun with every minute of this and I still feel like playing every day. I can't believe all the PvP stuff is coming back this week en masse, it's overwhelming, but as someone who enjoys the current state of the Crucible more than most I'm excited.

Friday of the week after that, the GW2 expansion comes out. oy vey

MOTHERFUCKER.

So I was turning in shards for glimmers, tapping my way through, and apparently I tapped too fast that I brought a mark. Motherfucker why isn't buying a mark on a time delay like everything else? Seriously you motherfuckers.

I did the same yesterday so annoying, luckily I hadn't done my Heroics or Crucible weeklies for marks so will be back at 200 for Iron Banner

Also agree on what people are saying about Kings Falls, its far too rigid in where you must stand, when you must damage the boss. Totems are overly long/boring as well

Edit they need to tone down the brightness levels as well, on totems its like looking into the sun when you're on the totem

FeD.nL

So I got my ToM on saturday, did two raids with it on sunday pulling the trigger on Oryx like a madman only to now find out that the thing can be fired full auto -.-'.

Seriously though at the pace I've been playing TTK it has been enormously enjoyable for me, I hope there are those of you out there who are on a similar path. My quest log is still just stuffed to the gills on my Hunter, let alone my other two characters, and I feel like there's at least a secret or two still to come. Outside of the damn exotic sword material farming, I really have had fun with every minute of this and I still feel like playing every day.
Glad to hear you're having fun.
I also like TTK but I'm not playing as much these days as MGS:V is consuming most of my time + started replaying Starcraft II story to prepare for LoTV.
Destiny *really* is a time sink unlike any other so I try to balance it with other things.

I'm at 286 now with my primary, hope I'll do the raid upcoming weekend. ^_^

Out 1

Solo? I'd love to solo him just to unlock the shaders, still missing out on this even though they don't look good.

With full party. Solo you are forced to use a sword in the heavy slot.

I am almost rank 3 on my main. Shows how much I cared about PoE...

Skolas fight is a joke now, wow. 3 mins - and that with being conservative. The Simulant melts him in seconds.

I tried Crota for the first time since TTK dropped and it was ridiculously easy, we had 3 newbies and but for 1 death in the pit and an intentional wipe at bridge we would have flawlessed it. Crota is dead in two downs now

Okay so I've done the kills bit for my first sword.

Now i need to speak to Shaxx.

How do I glitch this thing for 3 swords?

Speak to shaxx and get you exotic quest then infuse your other swords to 280+ and fully level/fill all the bubbles, speak to shaxx again and he'll give you the quests

Edit using the same character

Zocano

I would really like an exotic quest that requires 7 days to complete. Time gate my ass, I just want a quest that feels long (requiring several steps per day) and concluding with a
hour long raid boss fight.

maomaoIYP

With full party. Solo you are forced to use a sword in the heavy slot.

I am almost rank 3 on my main. Shows how much I cared about PoE...

I just saw a video of a dude solo-ing him with a sword in the heavy slot. I think I'll pass.....not keen on playing Skolas again. I need lots of runs to get to level 3.

Out 1

I just saw a video of a dude solo-ing him with a sword in the heavy slot. I think I'll pass.....not keen on playing Skolas again. I need lots of runs to get to level 3.

You can do one per week. It takes 15-18 mins for three guardians to run through all rounds plus Skolas.

Bradach

Does anyone know if the damage done by a gun depends on its actual attack value or does it depend on the overall light level of the guardian?

If, for arguments sake, I had 9 pieces of 310 gear and one gjallahorn at 170 then my light level would be 296.

Does this mean I would be kicking ass in a raid with a gjallahorn??

maomaoIYP

Does anyone know if the damage done by a gun depends on its actual attack value or does it depend on the overall light level of the guardian?

If, for arguments sake, I had 9 pieces of 310 gear and one gjallahorn at 170 then my light level would be 296.

It depends on the attack rating of the gun itself.
You wouldn't be kicking ass with the gjallahorn.

Pretty sure it's attack dependent.

GlamFM

Banned
I know I´m probably suuuuuper LTTP with this, but I just realized that basically everything from this 2 months old rumor turned out to be true.

It has now been deleted, but here is the full post:

Hello everyone, I have received some early information on the Taken King and Destiny 2.0. For the sake of confidentiality, I will not release the name or names of anyone that was involved in telling me this information. I can tell you for sure that I have certain connections with people that are in contact with others that are working on the release of The Taken King and other Destiny titles.

Although this information is second hand, which I may let you believe or not, it is in very trusted people that i have obtained this knowledge. When it all comes down to it though, this is just speculation and can be changed in the future.

Now for the information:

● Bungie is currently working on a Clans 2.0 in which you and your clan mates may be able to give each other buffs in game. These possibly earned through meeting certain clan requirements.

● Cayde-6 and Zavala, the hunter and titan vanguard, both play big roles in The Taken King. Not quite sure how they will be incorporated though.

● Artifacts are in fact not going to be relics, but something completely different. Quoted, "They are going to be much cooler, giving guardians new effects and new ways to play".

● Although this is probably well known, Eris Morn will be a huge part in the story of The Taken King. Main quest giver.

● There will be three separate bosses in the Dread naught raid as seen in the trailers. The big guys that stand out.

● Something that sounds very exciting, the land tanks from Cabal will be seen much more throughout the quest line. Hinted that they will be usable in the quests!

● The Cabal, even though they are being hunted and taken, they are still not going to be an ally in the main quest line. They will in fact turn to shoot at you just as they do in any other patrol or mission.

● The new taken abilities of Cabal, Fallen, Vex, and hive are all going to be mirrors of supers or close to them. For Ex. dregs will put up bubble shields just like a defender titan would. They will be used to counter certain supers of guardians.

● The Dread naught patrol will be much larger and contain much more then normal patrols. Hiding treasures and secrets that will take months to figure out. A planet in itself, but larger.

● Saturn will not be explore-able. As I really hoped it might of been even a little. Like ship exploration of some sort as it is a gas giant.

● Bungie is working on a new form of ascending for Year 2 that I couldn't be told too much about. Stated, "It is too complicated to explain, but it will be similar to the current form of ascending that we know already". I assume from what they said it meant that they could not go deeper into detail about it at this time. It will also have a way to "customize" yourself to be different then other guardians. Possibly shaders for guns?

● Now for Destiny 2.0, this will be a completely new game. It is titled currently as "Destiny 2 - The Shattered Suns" and is planned for release on September of 2016. You will still be using your current characters. It will focus heavily on Osiris and his endeavors as he is the main quest giver in the game. A new form of enemy is said to be in development, Possibly Ahamkara? Couldn't get a straight answer from anyone on that. Mercury is also supposed to be a big player in "Destiny 2 - The Shattered Suns". The main area in which the guardian will explore. Bungie has also hired on Hollywood writers for the story of this game as well. A new voice for the ghost is also being implemented. Bungie apparently stated that they are not going to continue with DLC's, but instead release free raids, planets, etc. throughout time. They will only be continuing with the main games after TTK and its successor DLCs.

● Finally as a bonus, there is not going to be trading implemented into the game ever. Stated,"Activision got sent a letter regarding what not to do on a mmorpg from Blizzard, and trading was on that list". Also that there is no 6th chest in the VoG or has only been known by a small group of people in the studio. It was just a bluff to keep us occupied for The Taken King most likely.

I am welcome to discussion because i'm sure not everyone will believe everything in this post. Like i said, this is second hand information and cannot be fully proven till launch. All this info has been obtained by very trustworthy people though and i have never known any of them to lie. Thank you and stay frosty guardians.

Edit* I have had people message me saying that certain things may or may not be allowed to talk about, but i want everyone to know that this is just complete speculation and I have only received this information based on casual talk while playing Destiny. Nothing I can call a solid answer. So please take everything with a grain of salt and have a great day :)

Edit* The amount of popularity astounds me on this subject! Thanks for all the discussion. As a lot of people have been stating, they think that Activision wouldn't drop the DLCs based on pure revenue loss, which in turn I believe as well, but I think what might be in play after TTK and its successor DLCs, is something like a subscription based game with added free DLCs.

Soooo.... HYPE! (?)

Gordon

Anybody have a strat/advice for really low level chars in the raid? My wife is about 270 and it sounds like she wants to jump in and give it a go - I didn't bother until I was over 290. She runs a warlock. Just conservative sniping? And probably holding gaze for Golgy?

GlamFM

Banned
Anybody have a strat/advice for really low level chars in the raid? My wife is about 270 and it sounds like she wants to jump in and give it a go - I didn't bother until I was over 290. She runs a warlock. Just conservative sniping? And probably holding gaze for Golgy?

Get together with 5 good players who don´t mind dragging your dead body along. ;)

Gaze holding is actually a stressful job - wouldn´t suggest doing this at her LL.

So I IB gear will cost legendary Marks?

Really Bungie?

If your a 100% PVP guy, how will you make enough marks?

Bungie needs to make normal PVP play give marks just as it did pre TTK

Zocano

OMG OMG OMG! I have never seen this before - amazing design!

Is there more concept art about this race out there?

Literally all that has been shown. Staten showed it off at a GDC and went "these guys are cool but we can't talk about them at the moment" and that's literally it.

Raybunny

1 hour doing CoO will boost her to 290+ with blues and she will be good for the rest of the Raid run.
If your time is limited doing that will save a lot more ( in the long run) in the raid as if she was 270.

GlamFM

Banned

Really Bungie?

You can make 30 a day without any effort. 15 for the daily story and 15 for the daily crucible.

You don´t have to be good or win or anything in the daily - you just have to be there.

You also get marks for heroic strikes and for dismantling random legendaries.

I´m constantly at the cap for marks - it´s not that bad.

Jinjo

Really Bungie?

You can make 30 a day without any effort. 15 for the daily story and 15 for the daily crucible.

You don´t have to be good or win or anything in the daily - you just have to be there.

You also get marks for heroic strikes and for dismantling random legendaries.

I´m constantly at the cap for marks - it´s not that bad.

Also, completing (all?) daily IB bounties will give you marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom