• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sane_Man

Is hawksaw only worth it with the right perks? I dropped one with high caliber rounds, take a knee (sigh) and rifled barrel. Am I better off buying the vendor version?

LiK

If they price them at $.99 - that is impulse territory. They will make BANK. People will spend without thinking.

Just take everything from Dark Souls!

they should copy all the emotes from Souls games. call it the "We tried to copy your storytelling technique but failed pack"

Trakan

There aren't many dance emotes, eh? I realize not all of them have been shown, but I only like a couple so far. Here's to hoping the rest are great.

matmanx1

You should get the strike exclusives in the 36 playlist as well. It's a much better experience.

I'm having trouble finding a good weapon for IB after TLW nerf. I'm not feeling it with HC, and my full-auto Hakke Lyudmilla isn't very stable. The Tlaloc is awesome if my super is charged, but if not it's lackluster. Hung Jurry seems PvE focused.

I'm torn between trying to run IB with Zhalo Supercell or using most of my marks to buy Y2 Bad Juju which was one of my favorite weapons last year. What will other former TLW users be using in IB?

Mostly switched to the Hakke Lyudmila but I also mix in Hawkmoon and Red Death. I'm hoping that The First Curse will become my new favorite because I'm still fairly gutted about the severe range nerf of TLW.

Every time I play PvP, I can't believe that more folks aren't worshiping at the alter of the Chaperone. They will, though. They all will.

I get mine at reset this week. I hope I love it.

Good grief. This is awesome but also slightly insane.

GhaleonEB

Two quick observations while I take a rest break from working on my deck (because when I'm not playing Destiny, I'm thinking about it).

Something has bugged me about the weapons and combat in TTK and I couldn't put my finger on it until this morning. The problems are two fold:

1) Bungie mixes factions together with the Taken a lot (which is good!), but that means we get a mix of shields as well, so I no longer know how to optimize my load outs for fights; it's no longer as simple as, Cabal? Okay, solar. So I usually just pick my highest damage output weapons and roll with it.

2) Even when I know what I'm facing (i.e. Taken Wizards, therefore void sniper), I'm not sure where the line is between impacting light level and optimizing for shield element. Right now I have one rocket launcher and one sniper that are 20-30 points ahead of the rest, so when I optimize for element, I go down a few light levels. That affects my defense and primary weapon damage, as well as the deduction in damage for the weapon I'm selecting. And I have no idea if the trade off is worth it. So, I just end up using the highest damage output weapons.

I could probably test and / or math each situation out, but it's very counter intuitive. Pre-2.0 all my gear was of a level, and I'd just toggle to the optimal build. Now I find myself ignoring most of my gear until it's fully infused, which is taking a very long time. And so there's less variety in the weapons I'm using right now.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but it's defiantly impacted my load outs.

Observation 2: I'm guessing we'll see Tess sell items for which we have a kiosk. The reason being, Bungie does not want purchase decisions to be gated by whether we can hold enough of an item or not, they just want us to buy and have a 'collection' to choose from at all times, never losing what we purchased when we're not carrying it. Thus kisoks for the cosmetic items: ships, shaders, emotes and emblems. Tess will probably sell all of those eventually. Probably noteworthy that class items are not included in that list as they now have perks. It has me optimistic that we will really only see those cosmetic items going forward.

2.0 set up micro transactions, we just didn't realize it.

Appropriate times to use the Carlton dance:
-You kill the whole enemy team in PvP.
-Your whole team dies in pvp and youre the only one alive
-When youre the only one who gets loot after a boss fight
-When your teammate dies next to you

If they price them at $.99 - that is impulse territory. They will make BANK. People will spend without thinking.

Just take everything from Dark Souls!

I agree with $0.99. I'm sure it's tempting for them to go for more, but I know that at $2 I'll pick one that I love and stick to it. At $1 I'll see someone do something fun with an emote and go pick it up just because.

Anyone up for KF starting at the sisters? Or does anyone have the Oryx checkpoint and want to do that ? Please don't make me go to LFG ; ;

$4.99 each.
tumblr_m4tsramCAy1qzyang.gif

Tovarisc

Observation 2: I'm guessing we'll see Tess sell items for which we have a kiosk. The reason being, Bungie does not want purchase decisions to be gated by whether we can hold enough of an item or not, they just want us to buy and have a 'collection' to choose from at all times, never losing what we purchased when we're not carrying it. Thus kisoks for the cosmetic items: ships, shaders, emotes and emblems. Tess will probably sell all of those eventually. Probably noteworthy that class items are not included in that list as they now have perks. It has me optimistic that we will really only see those cosmetic items going forward.

There is also already kiosk for emotes, it's been in game since release of TTK. It's located in that bar, below deck where DO, FWC, Vanguard Quartermaster etc. are located.

Trakan

I agree with $0.99. I'm sure it's tempting for them to go for more, but I know that at $2 I'll pick one that I love and stick to it. At $1 I'll see someone do something fun with an emote and go pick it up just because.

Looking at the CE for TTK, the emotes were the most appealing part of it. If you go by that pricing, $3-$5 makes more sense. I only see myself getting the free ones anyway, but that's my line of thinking.

Two quick observations while I take a rest break from working on my deck (because when I'm not playing Destiny, I'm thinking about it).

Something has bugged me about the weapons and combat in TTK and I couldn't put my finger on it until this morning. The problems are two fold:

1) Bungie mixes factions together with the Taken a lot (which is good!), but that means we get a mix of shields as well, so I no longer know how to optimize my load outs for fights; it's no longer as simple as, Cabal? Okay, solar. So I usually just pick my highest damage output weapons and roll with it.

2) Even when I know what I'm facing (i.e. Taken Wizards, therefore void sniper), I'm not sure where the line is between impacting light level and optimizing for shield element. Right now I have one rocket launcher and one sniper that are 20-30 points ahead of the rest, so when I optimize for element, I go down a few light levels. That affects my defense and primary weapon damage, as well as the deduction in damage for the weapon I'm selecting. And I have no idea if the trade off is worth it. So, I just end up using the highest damage output weapons.

I could probably test and / or math each situation out, but it's very counter intuitive. Pre-2.0 all my gear was of a level, and I'd just toggle to the optimal build. Now I find myself ignoring most of my gear until it's fully infused, which is taking a very long time. And so there's less variety in the weapons I'm using right now.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but it's defiantly impacted my load outs.

Personally rule of thumb is try to carry something that isnt your subclasses element. Another rule of thumb is that void still isnt a popular enough shield that you should have to carry a void weapon.

HigXx

Can someone please help me finish the Regicide mission and kill Oryx. I get him to a sliver of health each time and always kills me with the last ground pound

HigXx

Edit: Finally got the bugger

Strider

I think they are gonna price it to where the more silver coins(currency) you buy the cheaper each emote is.

So say 2 coins = $5

5 coins = $10

10 coins = $15

as an example (although probbaly more expensive than this across the board)

Then each emote costs 1 silver coin.

LTWood12

Deku is the CEO when it comes to pricing these emotes. I hope he aint right.

They're not going to leave money on the table. At $0.99 that's exactly what they'd be doing. I bet they'll have sales and stuff at different times, but they know people will pay for this stuff.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
They are definitely going to be more than $2.99. It's easier to price them higher and lower the price as necessary instead of pricing them super low and then raising the price. It's going to be $4.99 for one, and then some package deals like 3 for $10 or 4 for $15 or whatever.

FyreWulff

Yep. Wouldn't make sense to sell stuff like Emblems and Shaders if you could lose them via deletion.

What could be a nice use of this functionality is they could do stuff like the Nepal Aid, by just letting you buy the emblem and shader in-game, instead of dealing with packaging and mailing out shirts and looking up emails and stuff, and they just forward the money from those towards the target charities.

Strider

What do games like WoW and Dota 2 charge for cosmetic items? I'm guessing it will be in that ballpark.

Dota 2 "treasure" is like $2.50. The treasure gives you a random chance at a few different cosmetic sets.

But Dota 2 also has the steam marketplace to buy individual items from. Some items end up being just a few cents. Some hundreds of dollars. We won't have that in Destiny.

Mindlog

I think they are gonna price it to where the more silver coins(currency) you buy the cheaper each emote is.

So say 2 coins = $5

5 coins = $10

10 coins = $15

as an example (although probbaly more expensive than this across the board)

Then each emote costs 1 silver coin.
That's my guess right there except I would guess 2 coins per emote.
E-Motes need to be comparably priced to the CE package and to standard DLC. A free e-mote or two seems like a nice gesture, but they still want to pay the live team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom