• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

I'll eat my hat if ib rewards are anywhere near 300

i can't see bungie undermining the raid with pvp content

The IB I did last November before I stopped playing was a big deal because it was what allowed a lot of people to hit 32. I think it was the boots specifically. I don't think it's a ridiculous proposal at all to think they would do something they have already done in the past, but I guess they have Trials now as the 'raid equivalent' for pvp.

I have 7 now. You want one? Trade for helmet..

I haven't been lucky with getting ghosts, got two but at 300 and 304. Wouldn't want it to trade though for my Titan helmet, which is 310 :)
Getting a 310 Ghost and 310 boots will keep me busy for a while I guess. No way to get those without raid RNG.

noomi

I haven't got a single one and I've cleared it...what, 10 times now? It's becoming a running joke with my regular group. Tonight's the night though.

Nah, this is just for today. Only have gotten 2 ghosts so far since release. Both at 300.

Bah that stinks guys, hope you get it soon in that case.

I've never received a helmet or scout rifle, really hoping tonight drops one of the two at least.

Tovarisc

The IB I did last November before I stopped playing was a big deal because it was what allowed a lot of people to hit 32. I think it was the boots specifically. I don't think it's a ridiculous proposal at all to think they would do something they have already done in the past, but I guess they have Trials now as the 'raid equivalent' for pvp.

I'm surprised if IB gives "raid equivalent" gear which most likely would mean giving out 310 armor and weapons. Getting 310's is super rare sight, even for raider doing three clear per week since release of KF. Getting guaranteed 310's from something like IB would make it very mandatory grind for even PvE audience as a lots of PvE players need and want 310's for HM prep.

If IB was to give gear up to 310 it shouldn't and can't be guaranteed 310 drop. 290 from vendor and between 290 and 310 when match reward, with 310's being ultra rare just like in raid.

Mupod

I remember joking during the nightfall the other week about how much this would suck with Arc Burn.

HOLXI.gif

jaaz

I haven't got a single one and I've cleared it...what, 10 times now? It's becoming a running joke with my regular group. Tonight's the night though.

I'm not far behind. I've gotten only 1 in several raid clears across two characters. At least it was 308, which made up for it. (sort of)

Got a 310 Hawkmoon, but I'm not feeling it just like TLW after the HC nerf. I think I'm gonna buy Bad Juju from the kiosk and infuse it... Still haven't found a weapon I feel good about using in IB. The ones I love using in PvE and the raid don't just don't feel right for PvP.

Jabronium

If IB was to give gear up to 310 it shouldn't and can't be guaranteed 310 drop. 290 from vendor and between 290 and 310 when match reward, with 310's being ultra rare just like in raid.

I'd be perfectly happy with this, although I feel like the vendor gear is more likely to be 280 than 290. Just a gut call there.

Does Eververse open up with IB?

Tovarisc

When is this?

6PM CEST to 8PM CEST, today.

You just have to love it when US based company like Bungie does maintenance when it's convenient for their region, but don't really care about other regions even when running single set of servers for always online game. At least Blizzard is one of those companies that do maintenance when it's best for each individual region.

Does Eververse open up with IB?

I think so because they most likely push that patch during maintenance.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Pretty sure I sharded my arc burn chest last night for the marks. >_<

When is this?

9-11AM PDT is like 4 GMT or 5-6 CEST (Central/Berlin)

6PM CEST to 8PM CEST, today.

You just have to love it when US based company like Bungie does maintenance when it's convenient for their region, but don't really care about other regions even when running single set of servers for always online game. At least Blizzard is one of those companies that do maintenance when it's best for each individual region.

I think so because they most likely push that patch during maintenance.

Blizzard gets it. Each region gets patches and main. pushed before or after primetime for each region.
Bungie gives no shit.

Tovarisc

I have two questions

What's this reset business all about?

why should I care about Iron Banner?

Reset business is about weekly content [raid, nightfall, weekly PvP quest etc.] being reset so they once again give out fat.. I mean pathetic loots for those willing to run them. Happens every Tuesday.

We don't know yet if you should care about IB. It depends on what kind gear [armor and weapons] they are offering this time around. Ask again when IB is open for business.

I have two questions

What's this reset business all about?

why should I care about Iron Banner?

reset business is every tuesday when the weekly stuff in destiny gets refreshed to new ones.

iron banner is a crucible gamemode where level difference and gear DOES have a difference, it also rewards separate stuff than normal crucible. Good practice for the Trials of Osiris crucible gamemode that's active this weekend again. It's a 3v3 mode where you don't respawn and level/equipment difference matters. It's the most hardcore crucible mode and a lot of fun.

DarKshodaN

Ok what a waste of time on my Nightfall runs.

Warlock: 5 ToC+3 Motes
Hunter: Crappy Legendary Cloak
Titan: Crappy Legendary Boots

Shito

I still don't understand why people can't just let go of those now awful nightfalls. ^^
Especially on the strike I hate the most (the boss is okay-ish, but the warsat opening is shit, the electric corridor is a mess and the rest is just boring filler), with arc burn and match game on.

Darkblade is the only nightfall I'm ok with running "just for the fun of it".

spyder_ur

So people are recommending that I use my Spindle for infusion now, before the patch? Is there any evidence to that or are people just assuming it's coming this time?

Klyka

Banned
I still don't understand why people can't just let go of those now awful nightfalls. ^^
Especially on the strike I hate the most (the boss is okay-ish, but the warsat opening is shit, the electric corridor is a mess and the rest is just boring filler), with arc burn and match game on.

Darkblade is the only nightfall I'm ok with running "just for the fun of it".

I enjoy doing challenging content with my mates sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom