• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Oh I can agree with that, it was just a reaction to the usual "NF loots were all shit!" weekly posts. ^^

I dunno, I'd rather use 3oC on various activities for my 310 exotics.
You are right that it adds a chance to get one, but seeing how Bungie only puts the new strikes as the nightfalls and only with modifiers that are there "to be a bitch", I don't feel like it's really worth it for just a very small chance at a 310.

Meh.
I like the Shield Bros boss fight, but not the strike itself. That tank part is really not fun... ^^

the tank dies to any half decent sniper rifles in seconds. I actually intentionally screw around on that fight to make it last longer so I can go grab the heavy ammo downstairs.

Also nightfalls have been very good to me. Frequent 310 exotic rewards and mostly stuff I didn't have yet like Suros and Ruin Wings. But I do them for fun, really. I do wish they still gave 500 rep, I'm trying to shift my 'main' away from my warlock but my alts have no rep for anything. Meanwhile 3oC has done nothing but drop me Telestos and Hereafters - I should just save my coins for engrams instead, but I like having that 'chance' at loot at the end of a strike.

Does anyone have a tier listing of the Kings Fall raid weapons? From my understanding, the top three weapons seems to be the sniper rifle, pulse rifle and then the hand cannon.

E92 M3

I've been thinking about how the concept of infusion is really making me hesitant about trying new guns due to the laborious - and RNG dependent - process of leveling them up for the raid.

That's why I am not too excited about IB armor.

Got coins on all three of my NF runs and I'm actually pretty happy about that. MUCH better than random legendaries, motes, etc.

Now I can buy a LOT more 30C this weekend than I would have normally been able to.

Tovarisc

Does anyone have a tier listing of the Kings Fall raid weapons? From my understanding, the top three weapons seems to be the sniper rifle, pulse rifle and then the hand cannon.

I don't think there is any tier listing for those weapons as it's very much about preference. A lots of people agree that auto rifle and fusion rifle are worst of the bunch while LMG is super good. After that it's more about personal preference than clear tier ranking, for e.g. I rank scout rifle as best primary drop with pulse rifle as very solid second while I know people who don't like either of those.

Just Touch of Malice

Interesting, I have yet to get a 310 drop from the raid.

All my 310 raid gear is via infusing but last week with a few guys in my team with various 310 gear the lowest level guy got 2 drops from the raid at 310.

Could be something, could be nothing. Worth a try to test out though.

spyder_ur

So there's no Weekly crucible mode on the Director this week. I imagine IB is going to replace it?

I do wonder if IB will give legendary marks then, since that's 30 or whatever that we miss out of this week and you will need them for IB gear.

IMO the only weapons worth it are the pulse rifle with either Firefly or Life Support (this is pretty much all I use nowadays), the scout rifle with Full Auto, the Machine Gun and maybe the Rocket Launcher if it has tracking.

GlamFM

Banned
I've been thinking about how the concept of infusion is really making me hesitant about trying new guns due to the laborious - and RNG dependent - process of leveling them up for the raid.

That's why I am not too excited about IB armor.

Being able to infuse stuff with other stuff will be what keeps me raiding few weeks from now when we are all 310.

Can´t wait to be 310 with an armor that does not make me look like the child of an ant and Zoidberg.

Mupod

the hand cannon is 100% raw butt. I have it at 310 and it's probably going to be fodder.

I got the scout rifle with full auto and it's very good. It's been replacing the pulse rifle for me and I like that a lot.

I don't have the LMG yet but there's no way it isn't good. Cocoon was made for LMGs.

I can't tell if the fusion rifle is underrated or bugged or what. It's 'backwards' in that it's horribly inaccurate when aimed but quite stable when hipfired. Is there even any other gun like that?

The sniper doesn't seem all that useful at first compared to Eirene, 1000 yard stare and Black Spindle. But I really like its kinda short range scope and it sounds cool. Maybe it'd have a niche in PVP if you don't care about revive sniping.

First raid run: yet another chest piece from Golgoroth, and a ghost shell from Oryx.

Can already tell my alt run is going to be equally as shit.

SMART LOOT!

First raid run: yet another chest piece from Golgoroth, and a ghost shell from Oryx.

Can already tell my alt run is going to be equally as shit.

SMART LOOT!

Last week I lost 60 modering shards to oryx (20 per characters) and my second drop was 2 modelering shards for all 3 guys.

This week I wont be bothering with 20 shards.

IMO the only weapons worth it are the pulse rifle with either Firefly or Life Support (this is pretty much all I use nowadays), the scout rifle with Full Auto, the Machine Gun and maybe the Rocket Launcher if it has tracking.

The rocket launcher is not terribly good. Mine had tracking, and I found it to be very meh. Mine dropped at 310, and I put it to better use infusing it into the machine gun.

I think Bungie has been somewhat scarred by Gjallarhorn last year and for some reason made it their mission to make rocket launchers less viable. Heavy drops only give a single rocket now, and RL's with tripod are rare. Just seems like they are pushing hard to make that kind of weapon irrelevant and they are doing a good job of it (especially with swords being heavies now too)

Jafku

Nightfall drops
310 Heart of the Praxic Fire
5 3oC+ 3 blue engrams
Legendary Guantlets
Also got a 310 Zhalo Supercell from a 3oC

Shito

The rocket launcher is not terribly good. Mine had tracking, and I found it to be very meh. Mine dropped at 310, and I put it to better use infusing it into the machine gun.

I think Bungie has been somewhat scarred by Gjallarhorn last year and for some reason made it their mission to make rocket launchers less viable. Heavy drops only give a single rocket now, and RL's with tripod are rare. Just seems like they are pushing hard to make that kind of weapon irrelevant and they are doing a good job of it (especially with swords being heavies now too)
Got the DO rocket launcher to drop with Tripod, Tracking and Javelin.
I'm still not using it. :/

Mupod

this feels like sniper rifles: the expansion: the movie: the game right now (because I don't have a touch of malice). It's ridiculous to me that it is the best choice of weapon at ANY range, just whole squads of people standing 2 feet from Golgoroth aiming with sniper rifles is a funny sight. I don't think they should be beating machine guns for burst DPS, at least.

And don't even get me started on them in pvp. Next OT title is going to be 'COME ON, EIRENE' after people get sick of being 1 shotted by luck in the chamber over the next two weeks.

Last week I lost 60 modering shards to oryx (20 per characters) and my second drop was 2 modelering shards for all 3 guys.

This week I wont be bothering with 20 shards.

I'm doing it on my alt and I guess whatever happen happens.

I'm satisfied with my warlock so I don't care getting screwed yet again on that character.

I'm probably only going yo do the nightfall for the burn fun with the Supercell, all to get my nightfall-tier reward of all 2 strange coins.

E92 M3

Being able to infuse stuff with other stuff will be what keeps me raiding few weeks from now when we are all 310.

Can´t wait to be 310 with an armor that does not make me look like the child of an ant and Zoidberg.

Well, my RNG with armor rolls has been horrible, so it's not the most excited prospect to me.

So there's no Weekly crucible mode on the Director this week. I imagine IB is going to replace it?

I do wonder if IB will give legendary marks then, since that's 30 or whatever that we miss out of this week and you will need them for IB gear.

that has always popped open later in the day, like Trials of Osiris.

Full auto scout is a my bae lol.

My scout rifle had rangefinder, just infused it into my pulse rifle to get it to 310. I got the pulse rifle with Firefly, so good to clear adds with just a couple of shots. Would love the Full Auto scout though.

Yeah that's why I put maybe in there. It didn't seem very good to me (haven't had it drop yet), but I heard somewhat positive stories about it. If only the machine gun would drop for me...
In all the raids I've done, I've never had anything from the Warpriest drop except for shards :(

My scout rifle had rangefinder, just infused it into my pulse rifle to get it to 310. I got the pulse rifle with Firefly, so good to clear adds with just a couple of shots. Would love the Full Auto scout though.

Yeah that's why I put maybe in there. It didn't seem very good to me (haven't had it drop yet), but I heard somewhat positive stories about it. If only the machine gun would drop for me...
In all the raids I've done, I've never had anything from the Warpriest drop except for shards :(

My scout has full auto, I infused a hawkmoon into it to get it to 310 and it just wrecks house.

I have considered getting that hori controller however which would make the full auto perk irrelevant as everything would be full auto then lol.

E92 M3

Wouldn´t get too attached to the Raid gear anyway, I think there is a new set coming with the hard Raid.

Can't wait lol. Maybe my Warlock will finally get some decent boots that are above 296. With boots I can probably be in the 306-307 range.

GlamFM

Banned
Can't wait lol. Maybe my Warlock will finally get some decent boots that are above 296. With boots I can probably be in the 306-307 range.

According to the Database a second set is coming. I suspect it might be locked to 310 since i don´t think they will raise the LL.

Fingers crossed!

E92 M3

According to the Database a second set is coming. I suspect it might be locked to 310 since i don´t think they will raise the LL.

Fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed indeed! That'll be great for infusion fuel!

ALSO CHAPERONE HYPE TODAY.

Taking that badboy into IB.

spyder_ur

that has always popped open later in the day, like Trials of Osiris.

Yeah I get that, I was referring specifically to the node that usually occupies the weekly crucible playlist on the bottom left where you can earn marks for your first three wins similar to how you do for your first 3 heroic strikes.

Tovarisc

I think it's kinda cool that Bungie replaced sniper rifle aim assist with aimbot so consolecrowd can land some super duber easy headshots in PvP.

I may or may not be joking.

I never understood the love for the auto scout rifle perk? Unless it is built in to the weapon, it seems like a waste of a perk slot. I was stoked mine rolled with rangefinder instead of auto (I would have preferred life support). Pressing the button is what makes semi-auto weapons amazing. You control the rhythm of your shots. Semi-auto fire 4 life.

I never understood the love for the auto scout rifle perk? Unless it is built in to the weapon, it seems like a waste of a perk slot. I was stoked mine rolled with rangefinder instead of auto (I would have preferred life support). Pressing the button is what makes semi-auto weapons amazing. You control the rhythm of your shots. Semi-auto fire 4 life.
auto fire is awesome for people who don't like to hit buttons 100s of times against bullet sponges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom