• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT39| Tainted Love

Namikaze1

Pink, we did more than 7 matches. We completed the bounty where you need 25 points (3 for winning and 1 for completing matches). We only won two matches so it took us a while to complete that bounty. But yeah, we did more than 7 legit matches.

ocean

Banned
We took a look at the data, and the number of Ghosts awarded has not been what we expected.

I legit, no snark, wish I could see how this game is coded. How the fuck are drop rates something that they can be caught off guard by, isn't it just a drop weight they assign? What the fuck :p

Welp, guess I'll do a little CD after all. Maybe tomorrow if anyone's around. A little frustrating that they're so often surprised by their own game, but more importantly a promising sign of goodwill and (hopefully) an indicator of responsive and generous adjustments in the future.

a guy who just got his first flawless?

o_O

What does this mean?

As per usual, nobody but Bungie knows for sure how they're tracking it. A safe bet is that if you get at least 1 kill in a game that probably qualifies it as non-suicidal. Purely speculation though.

Pink, we did more than 7 matches. We completed the bounty where you need 25 points (3 for winning and 1 for completing matches). We only won two matches so it took us a while to complete that bounty. But yeah, we did more than 7 legit matches.
We only won two? Ugh, sorry for sucking so much that day!

Dthomp

Pretty cool about the ghost, got a 315 the other day so 320 will be a nice little upgrade. Hopefully not another poop one. May have to do some more suicides though just for the coins/motes/engrams though since the matches go so quick

We created the drop rates and even we don't understand them!

i-have-no-idea-what-i-am-doing-dog.jpg

psylah

Looking for 2 for the last leg of the Exotic Sword quest. Solar sword.

Anyone interested? 300+ preferred.

PSN: psyarchetype

Bungie cannot control their drop percentage. This is pretty sad. Cool a free ghost for everyone but come on Bungie. Also it doesn't really matter since we all will probably get raised to 340 light come Spring

Shiv47

So I've seen what Icebreaker translates to in ammo when you switch over, how does Invective compare? I never had an Icebreaker, so that fix doesn't work for me.

Frenden

Banned
A) I'm glad they're doing something.

B) Not knowing the drop rate before releasing the content is amazingly stupid.

C) This is nothing new. Iron Banner drop rates are just as hostile to the player. This is getting fixed because news outlets were reporting about the suiciding and the low drop rates. It saves face for Bungie as much as it helps the player.

D) I'm still glad they're doing something.

So I've seen what Icebreaker translates to in ammo when you switch over, how does Invective compare? I never had an Icebreaker, so that fix doesn't work for me.
Invective takes far too long to get the four bullets per tick. The timer seems to reset every round, so in fast rounds, you may not get anything.

Better off using a sidearm if you don't have an icebreaker.

Frenden

Banned
Where do you guys see a fix? They're just giving you free loots after the fact.
They didn't fix anything. Drop rates are low across all game modes in y2. This is as much a PR move as it is a gesture to frustrated players. Call me cynical. Shrug.

Namikaze1

So not sure if the guy Igor, ape, and I faced earlier was really from ign. The PSN id seemed to be his real name and clan tag + name was IGN.

WipedOut

Anyone want to help this poor soul try and get his first flawless on PS4?

Just farmed for Malok, not a one dropped. Not surprised.

deadduck

Nice straight forward flawless, no red bars at all either. Great connections all night.

Started Mida/sidearm, forgot to change up for sniper and then realised after a very quick sidearm double down that they are badass good.

Top Bottom