• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

GhaleonEB

Well, to be fair, legendary engrams in the April update didnt give out higher light level stuff. This was added with the ROI expansion. Capping it to 1 above your max light was kinda mean though. And even then it was a 50/50 chance it would be over your LL.

Exotic engrams is what you want. So whenever xur comes, buy around 50 three of coins. I usually burn through 50-60 in a week and get around 10 engrams that i am saving for the heroic raid. spend the rest of heavy ammo synths and upgrade your faction with them.

Blue and Legendary engrams are not totally useless. They have a small chance of turning into an exotic which will always be 1-3 or maybe 4 higher than your LL.

Yeah, that's more or less what I've been doing. But I've gone up 4 light levels in a week+ of solid play, including getting rank 5 on IB. I just hadn't realized the path to 365 was both so narrow, and so slow. I don't mind one of the other - lots of variety in activities, but slow pace is fine. And progressing quickly without a grind is fine. But having to rely almost entirely on exotics is less than awesome, though I suppose I can juggle public events, strikes and story missions for them.

My luck with legendary engrams going exotic is nil so far on this character, and 15 three of coins got me 2 exotics over the last week. The transition from feeling like I had some control over my progression to face-planing into a wall was really quite abrupt. I don't like having to rely entirely on RNG to progress - it feels less earned.

soultron

Banned
Nah Soul is just trying to make sense out of the supercharge mechanic.

Yeah, it's only a joke. I can see CM being that each member of the FT has to discharge their Empowerment at least once per damage phase. This would mean less time to position for the initial stun.

ethomaz

Banned
Nice I'll send you a friend request around 7.
For the new page.
Looking to run the raid around 7 pm est on PS4. Raid newcomers are welcome as this will be my buddy's first go at wrath of the machine
1. Venom2124 (386 light)
2. Supremeskillz (366 light)
3. Xion385 (371 light)
Can I join? 365 light... first time.

venom2124

I'm down if my light level isn't too low. PSN is ptr19.
EDIT: forgot my light level, currently sitting at 373
373 is plenty high. I'll send a friend request at 7.
Updated list
1. Venom2124 (386 light)
3. Xion385 (371 light)
4. Vincent Alexander (369 light)
5. Ptr19 (373 light)

Xion385

373 is plenty high. I'll send a friend request at 7.
Updated list
1. Venom2124 (386 light)
3. Xion385 (371 light)
5. Ptr19 (373 light)

Is killing the raid boss required for Outbreak Prime? I really want to get Outbreak Prime.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah, that's more or less what I've been doing. But I've gone up 4 light levels in a week+ of solid play, including getting rank 5 on IB. I just hadn't realized the path to 365 was both so narrow, and so slow. I don't mind one of the other - lots of variety in activities, but slow pace is fine. And progressing quickly without a grind is fine. But having to rely almost entirely on exotics is less than awesome, though I suppose I can juggle public events, strikes and story missions for them.

My luck with legendary engrams going exotic is nil so far on this character, and 15 three of coins got me 2 exotics over the last week. The transition from feeling like I had some control over my progression to face-planing into a wall was really quite abrupt. I don't like having to rely entirely on RNG to progress - it feels less earned.

Yeah I totally get it. I was at 335 the day ROI came out on Tuesday and marks, mats, weapon parts, exotics and even some legendary engrams saved up and was able to hit 345 before i even started the story. by the time i finished all the content on day 1 i was at 350 and feeling pretty good about hitting 360 by friday that week.

The next five days i grinded and grinded just barely got to 361 at which point we decided to finally farm Omnigul so we could run the blind raid on Monday before the reset.

All I can tell you is that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Raid is very generous with gear. And once I hit level 370, i went to 379 in a couple of days. Factions start dropping items 4-5 light levels above your LL and exotics too. Iron Banner took me from 379 to 385 in three days. It could also be because i finally started ranking up my alts so i was essentially getting loot for 3 different characters every week.

venom2124

Can I join? 365 light... first time.
Sure just send a friend request to venom2124 with gaf in message.
Updated list
1. Venom2124 (386 light)
3. Xion385 (371 light)
5. Ptr19 (373 light)
6. Ethomaz (365 light)

Is killing the raid boss required for Outbreak Prime? I really want to get Outbreak Prime.

You have to do the entire raid once to turn on all the monitors and get the mission and then later on you have to kill 3 raid bosses to finish it. You can just kill the first boss 3 times if you want for the last step.

For anyone doing raid for first time at 7 EST, might help to watch a YouTube video or something beforehand. Raid isn't too complicated, so the videos work well to help out. I watched a video before my first one a few days ago and it really helped out. Didn't feel like a complete moron like I did last 2 raids...Though going in blind is fun too.

Sirenty

If anyone is doing a raid in the next hour or two and doesn't mind a first timer, I'd like to join.

I'm 366 but I'll be 368-369 as soon as I find a damn ghost. No luck in IB.

AEREC

Really hope Bungie does something about people who don't play. Ran into a lot of freeloaders this weekend and it really made strikes quite unenjoyable.

I was playing normal PoE and Level 320 Strikes, so I'm wondering if this still happens on the more difficult heroic strikes where you need all three people.

Really hope Bungie does something about people who don't play. Ran into a lot of freeloaders this weekend and it really made strikes quite unenjoyable.

I was playing normal PoE and Level 320 Strikes, so I'm wondering if this still happens on the more difficult heroic strikes where you need all three people.
Aaaaaand why would they want to do something about that? They aren't just going to punish casual players for no reason, if that's what you're implying.

Occasionally, unfortunately. I seem to be getting people who wait until they spawn at the final boss to start moving, but then they end up playing the next few strikes which I can't really process.

Also seem to be getting people who load into a PvP match and sit there until the enemy starts shooting at them.

I just don't question anything that happens in this game anymore. A game where you have to jump/glide over a ladder because we can't climb for some apparent reason.

oSoLucky

Need a new third!

I can run. Seems my friends that I was going to play with are all busy. KC_Darkness.

I wish that matches would end once people start leaving and the leavers given some kind of "time out" penalty. It's getting really aggravating to constantly join matches in progress where my team is getting rolled and the whole enemy team has supers/heavy. It's making solo play unbearable.

AEREC

Aaaaaand why would they want to do something about that? They aren't just going to punish casual players for no reason, if that's what you're implying.

I'm implying that people who go and find a hiding spot for each area of a strike and go afk get punished.

People who get 0 kills in one phase of a strike are likely not playing, even "casually."

I'm implying that people who go and find a hiding spot for each area of a strike and go afk get punished.

People who get 0 kills in one phase of a strike are likely not playing, even "casually."
Ah, I misunderstood your post, I thought you were talking about players who were just plain bad because they didn't play often, sorry about that.

Yeah that's really annoying to have happen.

Foxxsoxx

People say that the plaguelands look better than the OG Cosmodrome but I do not agree at all. The original Cosmo has a much more appealing color pallet that really makes the graphics pop. Plaguelands look pretty unpolished and washed out in that regard to me, I feel crazy since everyone says it looks great.

The raid interiors and Felwinter's Peak look as great as ever though, top notch job there.

People say that the plaguelands look better than the OG Cosmodrome but in do not agree at all. The original Cosmo has a much more appealing color pallet that really makes the graphics pop. Plaguelands look pretty unpolished in that regard to me, I feel crazy since everyone says it looks great.

I think you're crazy :p

I'm just a sucker for that plaguelands skybox mmmm

People say that the plaguelands look better than the OG Cosmodrome but in do not agree at all. The original Cosmo has a much more appealing color pallet that really makes the graphics pop. Plaguelands look pretty unpolished in that regard to me, I feel crazy since everyone says it looks great.

I think the area outside the archon forge looks great, everything else not so much.

Here's hoping next week's trials map isn't absolutely hot garbage.

Furthest we've gotten without losing is 5, furthest overall is 7. I think I'm starting to get a better handle on the map, but ehhhh.... fuck this map. :]

Top Bottom