• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

timnich

Sure just send a friend request to venom2124 with gaf in message.
Updated list
1. Venom2124 (386 light)
2. Supremeskillz (366 light)
3. Xion385 (371 light)
4. Vincent Alexander (369 light)
5. Ptr19 (373 light)
6. Ethomaz (365 light)
Sorry for leaving you guys stranded again, my power went out again and it doesn't look like it's coming back on. Hopefully you find someone else to fill, it was a really fun group to play with!

That seems fairly standard? Regardless of which loadout of the above two options, they highest LL people will be damaging the shit of of Aksis with the cannons and they're where the bulk of your DPS comes from. They scale up to ludicrous numbers with WoL and tethers/warlock burn debuff. Swords for the people taking down captains is totally the way to go unless playing an extremely cagey strat to try and get a kill with many low LLs, at which point whoever can reliably get their captain first can be tasked to take down the other two captains with the cannon.

Dark drinker is equally effective on cannon captains and actually higher dps on Aksis himself (not that I have one :()

My response was in regards to this...

Poorlocks :(

Celestial Nighthawk for the captains and Aksis while tethered/lit is admittedly a total blast if your class comp can sustain it.

I wouldn't waste the Celestial Nighthawk/Golden Gun on the Captains but rather use it as much as possible on Aksis.

As with any raid there are certain encounters with tried and true methods and I think for taking out the Captains using swords is and will be the best option.

That said, I like to be as organized as possible for the phase 2 portion so designating who will switch if two players are Empowered on left, mid, or right is useful similarly as is designating who will be using the cannons and in this case it should be the sword users considering their lack of a true heavy weapon to maximize DPS. If the team has a mix of LL then that would change the encounter setup for sure but if it is balanced across the board it should go smoothly.

Matticers

Anyone want to run the NF on PS4? I could use it on all three characters but I don't mind just doing it once if that's all people need. Only LL 360 but I think that will be fine.

keakster

Looking for a Hunter and a Warlock for the "Be the Battery" OP quest step. So to run a Nightfall or 3 heroic strikes.

Any takers?

Poorlocks :(

Celestial Nighthawk for the captains and Aksis while tethered/lit is admittedly a total blast if your class comp can sustain it.

Well don't hold out of us now...

Sinsinger with Viking Funeral and Ignite Grenades is pretty great for debuffing the boss. Sadly most Warlocks hold on to their super for res instead of dps on boss.

Arrrammis

Yet again Reddit PvPers are trying to kill our fun on PvE.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...e_effect_of_memory_of_skorri_on_super_charge/

Please stahp it CruciblePlaybook

I mean, this is kind of a fair complaint for elimination/trials, but the other 99% of PvP players won't see it. Plus, the radius for the effect is like 5 feet, if someone throws a grenade you're all dead. If the other team plays aggresive, or at the very least doesn't camp the entire game, the Skorri camping strat won't be very effective.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Need two for fresh raid. We only need to beat the bosses so it will be a quick run

Psn: thenegativedude

Great IB overall for me. Got a HC with Rifled barrel from rank 5, too bad it's one of those slower shooting ones :/

But, I went from 350 to 355 and I had a blast doing it, so all in all it was good.

Clever Dragon is the best thing that's happened to me since Y1 TLW.

Light level is 346, and raiding/strike time with my friends is very limited right now.

What's the best stuff I can be doing right now, by myself, to get my light level over 350 and beyond?

Foxxsoxx

Crossroads.

The worst map design in history.

At least it looks cool.

I'm going to put Vertigo in there too. Something about that map just doesn't feel right, every corner is sharp which really makes there be an awkward flow to it. Don't even get me started about that one way teleport that literally no one ever uses unless it is rift. That really should have gone both ways.

Need two for fresh raid. We only need to beat the bosses so it will be a quick run

Psn: thenegativedude

I'm down, I just gotta infuse some stuff for my warlock, PSN is Fakehound.

LiK

Light level is 346, and raiding/strike time with my friends is very limited right now.

What's the best stuff I can be doing right now, by myself, to get my light level over 350 and beyond?

easy way is to do everything that gives Marks and buy Vendor gear since they're all 350. Play Strikes with 3oC and Boosters for a chance at better drops like exotics that go higher LL.

Crossroads.

The worst map design in history.
I like that map, but it definitely has a lot of flow issues.

We were having fun with it,though, when in a full 6 man fireteam in IB. Camp out on the island and let the enemy team trickle through the teleports. Dirty, but effective haha

Top Bottom