• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

So is the hard raid it? Is that the last real piece of content were getting?
Cuz if it is it really sucks that we got all of the expansion's content in a month.

I wish they had held the hard raid back a bit longer til everyone could get used to the normal raid, which I don't think has happened yet. A lot of people still have problems with the siege engine part and the last Aksis phase.
Even I'll screw up at the Aksis fight sometimes.
I can't imagine what the hard raid will be like.

I just hope the hard raid will have unique mechanics compared to normal mode like they've promised us since the beginning and have still failed to deliver.

VoG was itsfuckingnothing.gif
Crota was no chalice. Whoopee
Kings Fall was pretty much just the knights. The other stuff didn't change much. And even then, once everyone figured out the knights, they were easy.

I'm crossing my fingers that they actually do something new this time around.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjABFqpIApI Keep in mind that this is a bunch of 370s. 385+ and you can do more than half of his health gone in one cycle.

Prime is the way to go for raid period. Heavy I switch between sword and rocket depending on boss or what phase. Having raid gloves and heavy ammo drops like candy. Raid gloves does what Ruin Wings was supposed to do.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Cuz if it is it really sucks that we got all of the expansion's content in a month.

I wish they had held the hard raid back a bit longer til everyone could get used to the normal raid, which I don't think has happened yet. A lot of people still have problems with the siege engine part and the last Aksis phase.

No, we need the hard raid asap. So I can do it once then shelve Destiny until D2 ;)

I have a backlog so I'm not worried, but the people who thought this would last them til Destiny 2 are in for a rude awakening.
Well, I would expect another April update, they've already said they aren't opposed to bringing back the old raids.

If we survived TTK, we will survive this.

i've been playing really casually since RoI came out, and started at LL 319. thanks to some friends and Gaffers, i'm sitting at 352, almost 353. *Shrug*
i guess what i'm trying to say is "don't sweat the petty stuff
and don't pet the sweaty stuff, cuz that's gross
"

WipedOut

We'll get challenge mode Raid as well.

Trakan

I have song and fury of every element. I don't like that it requires two heavy/rocket perks to us it's key perk.

Also I like full auto and I like swording captains. It makes me feel good.

You only need one heavy ammo perk for 8 rockets like the Transversive Steps for the Warlock or Armamentarium for the Titan.

venom2124

Looking to run the raid around 7 pm est on PS4. Raid newcomers are welcome as this will be my buddy's first go at wrath of the machine
1. Venom2124 (386 light)
2. Supremeskillz

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Well, I would expect another April update, they've already said they aren't opposed to bringing back the old raids.

If we survived TTK, we will survive this.

Not bringing back old raids is one of the biggest missed opportunities.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Three Raze-Lighter wielding Guardians for the Captains also fitted with High Impact Snipers and Cannons (since Exotic sword is in heavy slot) for the DPS phase. The other three Guardians with Gjallarhorns/Sleepers and also High Imapct Snipers during DPS phase.
That seems fairly standard? Regardless of which loadout of the above two options, they highest LL people will be damaging the shit of of Aksis with the cannons and they're where the bulk of your DPS comes from. They scale up to ludicrous numbers with WoL and tethers/warlock burn debuff. Swords for the people taking down captains is totally the way to go unless playing an extremely cagey strat to try and get a kill with many low LLs, at which point whoever can reliably get their captain first can be tasked to take down the other two captains with the cannon.

Dark drinker is equally effective on cannon captains and actually higher dps on Aksis himself (not that I have one :()

I thought Kadey was talking about some new strat with all using swords or something.
Hawkian you make great points, but there is a sect of players you're forgetting; those that DO put a ton of time into the game and yet they still have trouble finding people for end game activities.

I was 384 before I set foot in the raid, and I won't lie, it was pretty frustrating.

I did finally run it with a really great group on Saturday, but I know this same thing will happen with the HM next week.
Oddly enough I don't really agree that am forgetting such a sect of players. I mean the topic of discussion was simply progression over time, and by your own admission you got to 384 without even having to raid, so...?

On the other hand I am very sympathetic to the topic you're raising which is trouble for players finding fireteams without regular groups to play with. This is a large part of why I do the newbie raids.

However, usually this does tend to be something that people who are on a slower progression curve tend to experience, so I'm definitely curious. You're essentially at the endgame cap for the moment, can you describe the trouble you've experienced finding groups on DGAF? Do you feel like you're being passed over by groups when you speak up? Or is it more of a time zone overlap deal?

Xeroblade

What LL does a HC have to be to one shot those shanks in the raid? Also how much of a damage difference would there be from LL 390 to 386 on a primary? Would it even matter in normal raid?

Kyne

To piggyback of the complaint of Boris, I wish that the clan system in this game was more "guild" like via other standard MMOs.

I hope Destiny 2 brings this. We need some kind of ingame competent LFG finder.

chur

Challenge mode: replace all Captains with Taken Captains.

Remember when most people assumed that that's what was going to happen with Kings Fall? Good times.

soultron

Banned
Heroic Mode:
Supers cannot be gained regularly, Empowered Guardians must discharge on a plate to charge Fireteam members' Supers. Damage can only be done to Aksis is a Super is engaged and providing some kind of (de)buff.

hoggert

The joke is an old and dadzone one, but as this is a Fallen raid it must be said: when the boss hits 3% health, the fireteam suddenly hears a voice yell "DISMANTLE MINES... YESSS..." at max volume

TsuWave

question guys, i'm 387 and i have a few packages to pick up, faction and crucible, if i choose "armor" will it potentially drop at higher than my current level or is it capped at 385? because if that's the case i'll just go with "weapons" at least there's a chance of a god roll

GhaleonEB

Here is the problem with going from 350 to 365. It's too grindy. You are essentially being forced to do old content like the strikes and challenge of elders. Archon Forge drops have become much better since week 1, but they are still not enough. The weekly Archon Forge bounties and the patrol quest are a step in the right direction but let's not forget how empty Archon Forge used to be in the first couple of weeks.

I get it, there is not enough content in this update so they had to force everyone to play the older modes. But they screwed themselves when they moved from the superior 1-6 Light Level increase they had implemented in the April update to 1-3 light level with 3 being extremely rare. Locking Legendary engrams to only 1 light level above your LL also made it even more grindy.

Giving us ZERO guaranteed ways to get artifacts and ghosts also made the grind from 350-365 absolutely boring. All they had to do was do what Taken King did. It had a quest to give you a 310 bond. A quest to give you a 310 artifact and of course court of oryx which guaranteed a 310-335 artifact after the April update. Why couldnt Archon Forge do the same? There were multiple quests in Taken King that gave you a 300 weapon. That helped people go over the 290 light level requirement. There is no such thing in ROI.

Even in year 1, if you had enough marks, you could buy level 28 gear from vendors that got you raid ready for a level 26 VoG and year 1 was a fucking grind. Xur would sell level 30 exotics as well. Now he sells 350 gear. Vendors sell 350 gear. Artifacts are 350. Raid is 370. Why???

I started enjoying the game and the activities a lot more after i hit 370. I was finally competitive in the raid. I was having fun in archon forge despite the shitty loot. I loved Iron banner. I even liked doing Patrols. Bungie thinks we will all stop playing after we hit max light. They dont know us at all. We are addicted not because we want to hit max light. We are addicted because your gameplay is fucking amazing. I want to run a raid every day. I want to go into archon forge and beat those damn perfected shanks. I want to play Iron banner every day. It's because I like your game. Dont gate my progress because you think i will leave once i hit max light. Have faith in your game.

Wow, I thought I just had crappy luck with the only bumps I got from legendary engrams being 1 light level. Thats's.....that's something else. Wow.

So engrams as a class are pretty much worthless for progression.

FinKL

Wow, I thought I just had crappy luck with the only bumps I got from legendary engrams being 1 light level. Thats's.....that's something else. Wow.

I didn't know about this as well as I skipped the April update, but my guess is that it would of slowed the progression of the people that hoard literally all engrams and decrypted them when RoI hit. Also, not increasing vault space also helps with this slow down as it's less engrams to hold

venom2124

Xion385 - 371 light
Nice I'll send you a friend request around 7.
For the new page.
Looking to run the raid around 7 pm est on PS4. Raid newcomers are welcome as this will be my buddy's first go at wrath of the machine
1. Venom2124 (386 light)
2. Supremeskillz (366 light)
3. Xion385 (371 light)

ocean

Banned
Looking to do some Trials carries today to get my twitch channel off the ground. Hoping to help people who have never gotten flawless before.

www.twitch.tv/hedgey

Reply with your PSN and I'll invite you to the party.
Yo GGs. That last game you went on a 10 kill streak was amazing - it was a shame to see it come to a fluked Melee on round 9 at the cap point.

Great stuff, luck with your channel.

For the new page.
1. Venom2124 (386 light)
3. Xion385 (371 light)
Can I join? 369 Warlock. I've done up to final boss before.

1. Venom2124 (386 light)
2. Supremeskillz

Yeah. Until you've got all the mechanics down, at least.

A good team can do it in less than an hour and a half, a not so good team can take twice that or more to complete.
The end boss is really the time sink.
Well in that case I can do it.

I'll join. Seductivpancakes
Edit: My light's only at 280. Let me know if that's too low, I don't want to be a crutch for the team.

Hedgey

Yo GGs. That last game you went on a 10 kill streak was amazing - it was a shame to see it come to a fluked Melee on round 9 at the cap point.

Great stuff, luck with your channel.

Thanks for the support man, shame we goofed the first few rounds.
='[

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Well, to be fair, legendary engrams in the April update didnt give out higher light level stuff. This was added with the ROI expansion. Capping it to 1 above your max light was kinda mean though. And even then it was a 50/50 chance it would be over your LL.

Exotic engrams is what you want. So whenever xur comes, buy around 50 three of coins. I usually burn through 50-60 in a week and get around 10 engrams that i am saving for the heroic raid. spend the rest of heavy ammo synths and upgrade your faction with them.

Blue and Legendary engrams are not totally useless. They have a small chance of turning into an exotic which will always be 1-3 or maybe 4 higher than your LL.

timnich

For the new page.
1. Venom2124 (386 light)
3. Xion385 (371 light)
I'm down if my light level isn't too low. PSN is ptr19.
EDIT: forgot my light level, currently sitting at 373

Top Bottom