• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Have you tried using the raid shotgun, Quantiplasm? I only used it during the normal raid, though, but it seems to be pretty useful at dealing good damage to the captains. I still mostly rely on using supers or raze lighter for captains just because it works.

Either quantiplasm, trials shotty, or use the raid fusion

Just giving another vote to the Raid shotgun. The reliable stagger is very useful. Great at taking out the Major during Aksis phase 1.

Dark Drinker is also a great choice. Dark Drinker is always a great choice. Can't think of another weapon that's had its value rise so much because of new content.

Raid shotgun obviously. Any raid weapon is best for raid because of the extra damage perk.

Thanks for the replies! I totally fell asleep right after posting a question.

I guess I'll have to start opening some NM loot chests for the shotty. I've been doing fine with Razelighter, but for Voskis, I feel like I'm wasting an exotic slot for a 5 second encounter every 5 minutes. At least with Aksis I can run up to him and use it for DPS, but for Voskis I can only snipe. Without a Hunter tether I was having a LOT of trouble getting crits.

X-Frame

Thanks for the replies! I totally fell asleep right after posting a question.

I guess I'll have to start opening some NM loot chests for the shotty. I've been doing fine with Razelighter, but for Voskis, I feel like I'm wasting an exotic slot for a 5 second encounter every 5 minutes. At least with Aksis I can run up to him and use it for DPS, but for Voskis I can only snipe. Without a Hunter tether I was having a LOT of trouble getting crits.

You can also try just a regular Legendary sword (Void ideally) for adds and it still shreds Captains. Then you can use Outbreak Prime if you have it for boss damage. Or your best sniper.

Or you can just keep Raze Lighter or Dark Drinker and be liberal with the regular attacks to clear adds in 1 swing and save the heavy swings for the Captains. With Raid gloves there should be plenty of heavy ammo on the ground. Then you can equip a sniper too since your sword takes care of close quarters fights.

And then lastly don't forget your super. No really need to save a Super for boss damage especially if everyone is ~390. So Fist of Havoc or Nova Bomb or Golden Gun or Hammers -- just nuke the Captain and any adds whenever getting overrun. If Defender try and have a bubble down constantly. With the amount of orbs that should be laying around if everyone is using Supers it shouldn't be any problem to have it back often enough for DPS phases.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Exotic chest engram. Trials. HM Raid.
I've had only one exotic chest engram drop since iron banner hit two weeks ago. Two HM runs this week haven't dropped a chest either. I guess i will run it again on my hunter. Was hoping for a strike chest for a guaranteed chest piece.

LiK

Good sessions with Grave and WeTa. Got most of the SIVA stuff done. Will def need to finish off the charged engine later.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
You can also try just a regular Legendary sword (Void ideally) for adds and it still shreds Captains. Then you can use Outbreak Prime if you have it for boss damage. Or your best sniper.

Or you can just keep Raze Lighter or Dark Drinker and be liberal with the regular attacks to clear adds in 1 swing and save the heavy swings for the Captains. With Raid gloves there should be plenty of heavy ammo on the ground. Then you can equip a sniper too since your sword takes care of close quarters fights.

And then lastly don't forget your super. No really need to save a Super for boss damage especially if everyone is ~390. So Fist of Havoc or Nova Bomb or Golden Gun or Hammers -- just nuke the Captain and any adds whenever getting overrun. If Defender try and have a bubble down constantly. With the amount of orbs that should be laying around if everyone is using Supers it shouldn't be any problem to have it back often enough for DPS phases.
Dark drinker is the best weapon for the raid. Especially with the heavy ammo gloves. It does 500k damage in the third dps phase of aksis alone. It can two shot captains and one shot void captains. That makes it pretty much essential for the seige engine part.

And yes, it is the best weapon for add control during the vosik fight. Especially if you are" the left or right and have to push up to get the bomb. Those one hit kills are quick and fast and with you zig zagging all over the place, enemies can't consistently aim and shoot at you.

It's easily the best weapon for every single part of the game.

I guess you can also use the raid shotgun if you have no backup plans and are playing as a defender titan but if you are going to be up close and personal why not just use the swird instead.

Hmm, now that you mention it, I should have switched to Hammers. We had two defenders on the left (me blessing, the other guy weapons for dps) and I was dropping my bubble just to use it up. I didn't really need it since I had add clearing down with a Keystone 01 with explosive rounds and firefly. I could have used hammers for dps instead of an inconsistent sniper.

Or yeah, use the void legendary sword and Outbreak Prime for dps.

Namikaze1

It takes skill stealing Igor's Triple Down
:p

giphy.gif

So last night I beat the Hard Raid with a bunch of fine gents from GAF, and now I'm left with the feeling of "I'm done" again. I've done what this expansion has to offer, and it makes me sad thinking I might not be back in this community again until Destiny 2. Maybe I'll stick around and do another raid or 2. But it feels like I've come and conquered. It's a little sad to think the journey is coming to an end since I've been with Destiny since day 1.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
There are some weird Raid Glitches starting to appear occuringly

Aksis:
Captains somehow go inside the wall, have to use a Solar/Vortex Grenade to push them out, by making them flee
Also get stuck in the door

If the Captain is about to die, it can shoot off multiple shots while Death animation plays

Shanks pathing is Super Fucking Broken
Either Right and Left Sniper Shanks shoot towards middle or middle shanks get triggered by right and left and stay by the doors, before being force triggered to come to the middle

Like shank, shank, 2-3 shanks, nothing, nothing, 5+ shanks (just a wall of them)
Also fix the stupid fucking Shanks from blocking the fucking door
One time literally a Shank clock blocked the door behind the darkness, stayed there and you can see rge Captain behind it like "Is this real life?"

Deku Tree

To hit 400 x3 I need two 400 LL helmets.

To hit 400 at the same time on all three I need also 2x 400 LL ghosts and one more 400 LL heavy.

My collection of 400 LL weapons is currently at 21. Just a few more I want to infuse up from my current armory (Palindrome and Sound & Fury) and a couple from the raid (sniper and machine gun) I haven't been lucky enough to have drop yet.

X-Frame

Dark drinker is the best weapon for the raid. Especially with the heavy ammo gloves. It does 500k damage in the third dps phase of aksis alone. It can two shot captains and one shot void captains. That makes it pretty much essential for the seige engine part.

And yes, it is the best weapon for add control during the vosik fight. Especially if you are" the left or right and have to push up to get the bomb. Those one hit kills are quick and fast and with you zig zagging all over the place, enemies can't consistently aim and shoot at you.

It's easily the best weapon for every single part of the game.

I guess you can also use the raid shotgun if you have no backup plans and are playing as a defender titan but if you are going to be up close and personal why not just use the swird instead.

My Dark Drinker is 395, highest Light weapon so I likely won't take it off the whole raid, haha. Also the No Backup Plans Defender Tank interests me too -- that could be fun and effective with high Strength and the raid Shotgun. I could have a regenerating shield up constantly which will be useful for Bombs. Too bad I am still missing the normal Raid chest piece though, which is why more tankiness is what I want.

Hmm, now that you mention it, I should have switched to Hammers. We had two defenders on the left (me blessing, the other guy weapons for dps) and I was dropping my bubble just to use it up. I didn't really need it since I had add clearing down with a Keystone 01 with explosive rounds and firefly. I could have used hammers for dps instead of an inconsistent sniper.

Or yeah, use the void legendary sword and Outbreak Prime for dps.

Nah I wouldn't use Hammers for boss DPS -- only for adds. But Hammers could be useful for the Captain round to weaken/kill him and other adds without worry. Sniper or Outbreak would be great for the boss.

Mindlog

Extended duration bubble + Helm of Saint 14 is an outstanding combo for add control as well. Has the bonus of being able to switch to WoL if you are quick for DPS. Also if you are quick you can switch from DD to Sleeper for damage after shanks spawn, but by then you probably don't need to do much more damage.

Again part of why the Raid is really good. Many effective strategies. Most other raid encounters you know what subclass you are going to be at all times. During this raid you can make a case for every subclass. Except, Bladedancer.

Just read about the coming changes to ornaments. They still suck, but maybe they'll suck slightly less now.

Nah I wouldn't use Hammers for boss DPS -- only for adds. But Hammers could be useful for the Captain round to weaken/kill him and other adds without worry. Sniper or Outbreak would be great for the boss.

That works. Hammers for Captain and Outbreak for DPS. A sniper in my hands isn't worth crap since I couldn't get more than 4 crits in 8 shots. A Hunter would have been awesome, but I want to have a good strat for any team composition.

Edit: Anyone try striker yet? Does a FoH kill the Captain?

SonComet

That works. Hammers for Captain and Outbreak for DPS. A sniper in my hands isn't worth crap since I couldn't get more than 4 crits in 8 shots. A Hunter would have been awesome, but I want to have a good strat for any team composition.

It didn't kill him for me at 390 light. It does blow him off the map so that he can reappear at terrible times.

I was using hammer last night ads became a non issue.

shermas

It didn't kill him for me at 390 light. It does blow him off the map so that he can reappear at terrible times.
Yep...my first HM clear, one of our captains flew off the map with his cannon, so we had to skip a DPS round and jump to the pillar.

We still cleared the fight, but it was close. Super annoying.

I think it's even worse when the captain gets stuck up in the wall. Trying to rocket him up there or force him out with nades is a ridiculous waste of time/energy/ammo.

I LOVE how you can mess up a round or have someone miss a jump and still complete the encounter... there's no 'insta-wipe' or auto fail mechanic... the final fight really allows for some clutch moments and good teamwork, especially on NM since you can revive.

Edit: it's the exact opposite of Oryx... doing challenge mode? Someone messes up on the third round when they're running relic? That's a wipe. Someone gets blasted while they're holding down a plate? That's a wipe. Don't get the ogre down in time? That's a wipe.

Yep...my first HM clear, one of our captains flew off the map with his cannon, so we had to skip a DPS round and jump to the pillar.

We still cleared the fight, but it was close. Super annoying.

I think it's even worse when the captain gets stuck up in the wall. Trying to rocket him up there or force him out with nades is a ridiculous waste of time/energy/ammo.

I LOVE how you can mess up a round or have someone miss a jump and still complete the encounter... there's no 'insta-wipe' or auto fail mechanic... the final fight really allows for some clutch moments and good teamwork, especially on NM since you can revive.

Edit: it's the exact opposite of Oryx... doing challenge mode? Someone messes up on the third round when they're running relic? That's a wipe. Someone gets blasted while they're holding down a plate? That's a wipe. Don't get the ogre down in time? That's a wipe.
Yep. While The Taken King expansion and plot as a whole was the best Destiny has had to offer in content, this raid is easily my favorite. There's nothing quite like having to haul ass to cover both your spot and another when it is time to throw bombs and you're on the final clear.

Magik

I like the fact that with this raid you have other options available to complete the encounters where as Kings Fall you were forced to complete an encounter a specific way.

Top Bottom