• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

If any X1 hard raids are forming give me a holler on X1. GT:Ronzilla29. Light lvl 390 titan warlock or hunter. Also down to do a normal run with monitors or preferably an Aksis phase 2 kill with group that has all monitors. I've compled raid multiple times just still haven't done the monitors yet.

Down to do Nightfall as well if anyone is interested. Almost 1 manned it earlier but the last wave of adds got me 2 or 3 times and got disconnected while I ate some dinner quick after my last attempt.

Sky Walker

X4bhLsa.jpg

nicolas-cage-fells-good-con-air-head-space-1409843288n.gif

Mindlog

The ~1LL average per Hard Mode boss encounter continues.
Still really like the raid. Slightly different strat every time, but all perfectly viable. Mistakes aren't an insta-wipe. Right up there with Golgoroth and VoG.

Would still play a super challenge 420 light version.

shermas

I'm using my Memory of Felwinter artifact right now, but I can't select any of the nodes when I push 'upgrade.' It won't let me select increased Discipline or Strength. Has anyone else come across this glitch/situation?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We tried. Can't do it. Another heart breaking loss.

vghghgh.gif

I'm up for a train if anybody wants in. Shaxx bounties aren't going to do themselves.

Sky Walker

Do you have to do raids to get this powerful? Lack of matchmaking is a bummer on X1 .

It's possible to reach 400 without touching the HM raid but you need like a vault filled with every kind of exotic engrams. I got my warlock from 387 up to 397~ish without doing HM raid. I used this method : Encrypt exotics to raid LL > farm AF for ghosts, artifacts and class items to rais their LL. Rinse and repeat. Not to mention doing NF somewhere during the process.

Also, I kept few engrams as infusion fodder for my other alts to encrypt them as soon as I hit 400 with my warlock. Encrypting exotic engrams at 400 LL guardian guarantees you 400 LL stuff.

BLCKATK

Any raids happen to be looking for 1, NM or HM? Finally got my Warlock all set to go in. Now I can run 3 characters a week, oh boy.

oSoLucky

Ah I see. But could I still get the best stuff without running one? I've looked at other sites that're supposed to aid in finding people but I haven't moved up to Iron yet.

You can get to 400 without raiding at all, but it would be a bit slower. The normal raid drops are a minimum of 365 and cap at 385 whereas HM drops go up to 400. You get 4-8 drops per raid plus a ton of engrams and a few chances for exotics. It's the single most condensed pool of loot in the game. Getting groups really isn't too bad. You'll deal with some bad ones, but also will probably meet some consistent gaming friends from pugs.

There are plenty of activities to raise your light, but raids are the most fun and rewarding part of Destiny. I'd focus on finishing up the story and side quests first before thinking of anything else.

Azerare

Looking for 3 to help us with aksis NM fight. We need the last monitor so we are really wanting to get this done after learning the whole process haha.
PS4

It's possible to reach 400 without touching the HM raid but you need like a vault filled with every kind of exotic engrams. I got my warlock from 387 up to 397~ish without doing HM raid. I used this method : Encrypt exotics to raid LL > farm AF for ghosts, artifacts and class items to rais their LL. Rinse and repeat. Not to mention doing NF somewhere during the process.

Also, I kept few engrams as infusion fodder for my other alts to encrypt them as soon as I hit 400 with my warlock. Encrypting exotic engrams at 400 LL guardian guarantees you 400 LL stuff.

I thought this was the case too until I decrypted an Exotic heavy engram into a 399 Dragon's Breath today.

theWB27

You can get to 400 without raiding at all, but it would be a bit slower. The normal raid drops are a minimum of 365 and cap at 385 whereas HM drops go up to 400. You get 4-8 drops per raid plus a ton of engrams and a few chances for exotics. It's the single most condensed pool of loot in the game. Getting groups really isn't too bad. You'll deal with some bad ones, but also will probably meet some consistent gaming friends from pugs.

There are plenty of activities to raise your light, but raids are the most fun and rewarding part of Destiny. I'd focus on finishing up the story and side quests first before thinking of anything else.

Thanks a million. I don't mind the slower rate of upgrading. I'll see what I can do.

Toki767

All this time doing Forge. I finally got 2 class items. Now my boots are the only thing at 390 with everything else at least 392.

Really wish there were strike specific boots.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Trials drops stuff. You don't have to win either. Just have all your highest level stuff equipped and hope for the best.

Dez_

What's the best shotgun for captains in the raid? I tried an old conspiracy theory D since it was void, but felt it was lacking.

Have you tried using the raid shotgun, Quantiplasm? I only used it during the normal raid, though, but it seems to be pretty useful at dealing good damage to the captains. I still mostly rely on using supers or raze lighter for captains just because it works.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Gonna try to do Archon's Forge
Hope I hit that 2 hour lottery like before

2 people can join me if they like

Mindlog

What's the best shotgun for captains in the raid? I tried an old conspiracy theory D since it was void, but felt it was lacking.
Just giving another vote to the Raid shotgun. The reliable stagger is very useful. Great at taking out the Major during Aksis phase 1.

Dark Drinker is also a great choice. Dark Drinker is always a great choice. Can't think of another weapon that's had its value rise so much because of new content.

Top Bottom