• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Mindlog

Aksis II Solo, it's real and it's spectacular.

Congrats ScaRdrow!
The ending is fantastic. That's about as close you can get to a wipe without wiping. Solo Oryx was neat, but I'd put that one behind solo Templar. Managing the ogres and bombs had too much of an element of surprise.

So I guess it's true what they say. Warlocks are the best and the other classes are stupid.

darthbob

Expected one of these guys to do it. Didn't think it would happen today. Slayerage was getting close yesterday. Requires way more skill than any other solo raid boss in Destiny.

Dude even said that on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being casual and 10 being impossible, he places Solo Oryx at a 7 and Solo Aksis at a 9.

just incredible

The ending is fantastic. That's about as close you can get to a wipe without wiping. Solo Oryx was neat, but I'd put that one behind solo Templar. Managing the ogres and bombs had too much of an element of surprise.

So I guess it's true what they say. Warlocks are the best and the other classes are stupid.

ending had me at the end of my chair, soooooo close

Lima

Eh Warlocks are scumbags and self res is the only thing why many of these solos are even possible. Like if there is a raid mechanic involved you can be sure that a Warlock can get around it.

From what I heard first boss is probably the hardest in HM.

It absolutely is. Though that could be a side affect of well; his encounter as a whole. It stressed communication teamwork and fluidity as it's central components it becomes almost second nature (with the same group) for the remainder of the raid. It has only 3 small changes, but it ramps up the "no weak link" mentality that's required.

JayHayabusa

Why does he keep resurrecting after getting all bombs down? To get more time to throw them?

Zocano

How many players would you need to do Aksis HM? Doubt you could solo it with the three rounds of servitors.

That's not the problem. The problem is using up all your cannon shots to take them out and still have enough solo damage.

edit: Oh right, and you'd need to destroy all 6 servitors and then do bombs because you only have 1 self rez to clean you of lockout. Destroying the servitors isn't really the problem, though. Throwing all the bombs before they disappear is.

Zocano

Probably two. I'd guess that's why we don't see anyone trying to solo the first phase of Aksis even if it's the "easier" encounter.

Edit: What Zocano said too.

Oh phase 1 is probably close to undoable with how many bombs you need to throw at round 3.

That part doesn't really register to me as part of fighting "Aksis". It's just like gatekeepers or something.

Except for that head seeker that zigged instead of zagged when I shot it and slammed into you hiding behind the box.

Yeah there was that one...though to be fair I was trying to do too much for mid and got lit up from there first. Was a funny death though. "Oh I'm one shot; gonna go hide behind this box real quick...oh...I'm dead"

Strider

Got from 373 ---> 380 running through HM WotM today
goodjob.gif
Wotm really is fuckin awesome.

Between a couple hours of AF sometime this weekend and clearing all the weekly bounties, strikes come Tuesday I should be 385+ easily.

Number45

Currently doing heroic strikes with a NM bond, shader and emblem but not getting credit for the exotic quest. Is there a problem with it?

Got from 373 ---> 380 running through HM WotM today
goodjob.gif
Wotm really is fuckin awesome.

Between a couple hours of AF sometime this weekend and clearing all the weekly bounties, strikes come Tuesday I should be 385+ easily.

Wait, wut? Is that a typo, did you really run HM at 373? If so, my hat's off to you.

Top Bottom