• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Kalamari

That is supremely hilarious and made me lmao. But after thinking about it, it seems like a pretty poor way to end a relationship, certain discussions should be in person rather than via text. Even if the other person is impossible to deal with.

E92 M3

64575UNILAD-imageoptim-text1.jpg

42525UNILAD-imageoptim-text2.jpg

38771UNILAD-imageoptim-text.jpg

http://www.unilad.co.uk/gaming/guy-...-mates-girlfriend-of-one-month-loses-her-sht/

Seems kinda fake, but it's still funny.

Dave_6

That is supremely hilarious and made me lmao. But after thinking about it, it seems like a pretty poor way to end a relationship, certain discussions should be in person rather than via text. Even if the other person is impossible to deal with.

I've learned the hard way that most people nowadays would rather text anything than actually talk, whether in person or at least on the phone. I'm 38 though and went through most of my life before texting existed.

Anyways, SRL is the same shit as last time for me. I've only done two races so far; finished 4th and 5th while being over 10 seconds behind the leader. Only missed one gate the first race and two the second so how can I be so much slower with really no chance to catch up?

rezn0r

The Matador 64 I got last night was stupid:

Rifled Barrel, Full Auto & Rangefinder. I took an obscene amount of pleasure infusing it into another weapon.

I'm a complete shotgun noob (yeah I stick to snipers in pvp, I'm mediocre) - am I remembering reading correctly that full auto automatically ruins damage output for them?

Been getting a shit ton of Matadors & Party Crashers, most have had full auto...

FyreWulff

I've learned the hard way that most people nowadays would rather text anything than actually talk, whether in person or at least on the phone. I'm 38 though and went through most of my life before texting existed.

Anyways, SRL is the same shit as last time for me. I've only done two races so far; finished 4th and 5th while being over 10 seconds behind the leader. Only missed one gate the first race and two the second so how can I be so much slower with really no chance to catch up?

Make sure it's not your controller and use a button scheme or use the console's remap feature were acceleration is on a face button or bumper and see if you maintain a higher top speed (easiest way to do it is just swap triggers with bumpers option in controls)

I'm a complete shotgun noob (yeah I stick to snipers in pvp, I'm mediocre) - am I remembering reading correctly that full auto automatically ruins damage output for them?

Been getting a shit ton of Matadors & Party Crashers, most have had full auto...

Honestly, I have no clue. I only use Her Champion in PvP, and the only time I use that is in Supremacy. I prefer snipers, too. From what I've read, it does reduce the damage, but increases the rate of fire.

Also, what do the higher rankings in the race event give you. level 5 or 6 worth it to keep playing?

Currently have to do 3 more races in top 3 to get my A-rank license, think I'm gonna stop after that.

Number45

If you have Icebreaker from year one can you upgrade it all the way up to 400 after buying it's year 2 counterpart?
I don't think you can buy the new version, it has to be obtained from the bounty.

Also, what do the higher rankings in the race event give you. level 5 or 6 worth it to keep playing?

Currently have to do 3 more races in top 3 to get my A-rank license, think I'm gonna stop after that.
Rank 5 gets you a treasure of the dawning package (once per character), if nothing else.

Anyone else not seen the Mercury SRL track yet? Apparently I've only done 13 races but I was expecting to see it by now.

But after thinking about it, it seems like a pretty poor way to end a relationship, certain discussions should be in person rather than via text. Even if the other person is impossible to deal with.

From the posts on Reddit it sure sounded like he tried to have that discussion with her and she wasn't interested in discussing it or changing her mind. If she had responded differently to his messages it might not have ended with stupid-NTTE-joke.

Lee

Seems kinda fake, but it's still funny.

It's definitely fake. The guy's first post was obviously made up to set up the joke at the end.That took off, so he followed up with this.

I picked up Destiny Collection for $25 on Amazon just now. Two questions:

Is there any more content to buy or does it include everything?
How long will it take for me to be leveled, equipped, etc. to do end-game content?

That includes everything, you're good. It includes an item called a Spark of Light that will boost you right to 40 and let you start on the Rise of Iron campaign (4-5 hours). At the end of all that, you will be 350 or so and ready for strikes. Play a little bit more after that (5-10 hours), and you'll be ready for normal mode raids and the rest of the end game.

So I jumped back into Destiny a week or two ago, played through TTK and RoI campaigns and have been doing strikes and stuff for a few days. I'm at 349 light level and have been using Legendary Marks to upgrade my gear. I thought that damage and armor maxed at 350 but now I'm starting to get blues with a 351 rating. Am I wasting all of these vanguard marks? Where do I get the better gear? Is it basically get all your gear at 350 and then do Nightfalls and Raids for better Legendaries or is there a new vendor I haven't found?

Lee

So I jumped back into Destiny a week or two ago, played through TTK and RoI campaigns and have been doing strikes and stuff for a few days. I'm at 349 light level and have been using Legendary Marks to upgrade my gear. I thought that damage and armor maxed at 350 but now I'm starting to get blues with a 351 rating. Am I wasting all of these vanguard marks? Where do I get the better gear? Is it basically get all your gear at 350 and then do Nightfalls and Raids for better Legendaries or is there a new vendor I haven't found?

350 is the highest you can buy with marks, so if you still have a 340 ghost/gloves/whatever, I would buy a 350 one. Otherwise, use your marks for some of the guns recommended here or some high stat armor recommended here. Max light is 400.

Lee

Ok cool, good to know. So anything >350 is drop-only?

So the 351 blues are just kind of a waste and I should only upgrade from Legendary to Legendary I guess.

RDTzfp6.jpg

I think this is still accurate but it might not be. I wouldn't upgrade any legendaries right now unless you're playing crucible and really want to use them. Just equip whatever highlest blues you have, and as new blues/legendaries drop swap to them. Infusing costs marks and you'll run out quick if you try to infuse each piece from 350 to 352 to 354 etc.

I'm in the same boat as you having recently started a PS4 character and being at 355. My plan is to just play SRL as the races go quickly, you're working toward quest/record book rewards, and you'll get drops in I think ever slot outside of artificacts that will raise your LL. If you enjoy SRL, I think that is the fastest path upward right now.

Number45

Ok cool, good to know. So anything >350 is drop-only?

So the 351 blues are just kind of a waste and I should only upgrade from Legendary to Legendary I guess.
You can use blues of a higher light level to increase the light level of a legendary that you like/want to keep (at a cost of three marks). This will consume the blue and level the purple up to that level.

I'm not sure I'd bother at that level though. As you do strikes (playlists can drop up to 385 blues and purples can decrypt up to that level) and other activities you'll keep replacing gear and waste the marks you've been using to infuse. Any great rolls on weapons/armour you should keep hold of for infusion though.

EDIT: Yup, the above image is still valid.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
That includes everything, you're good. It includes an item called a Spark of Light that will boost you right to 40 and let you start on the Rise of Iron campaign (4-5 hours). At the end of all that, you will be 350 or so and ready for strikes. Play a little bit more after that (5-10 hours), and you'll be ready for normal mode raids and the rest of the end game.

Thanks! Sounds good - does the vanilla campaign scale or if I do that after Rise of Iron it'll just be tediously easy?

Lee

Thanks! Sounds good - does the vanilla campaign scale or if I do that after Rise of Iron it'll just be tediously easy?

It does scale, in that you won't be able to one shot the boss or anything, but it will be easier.

I went ahead and started at the beginning without using the boost, and I enjoyed playing through the campaign again. However, unless you want to play through every bit of the campaign and sidequests, you're going to end up at level 40, with a completed subclass, but only at light level 220-230. I played through to the end of Vanilla and most of HoW without wanting to start TTK and ended up at like 215 or 220. You need to be at 250 to start Rise of Iron. So keep that in mind. Only skip the booster if you have time to and want to do everything leading up to RoI.

Is there a list anywhere of what will give you free dawn treasures?
Mostly I'm trying to figure out what I need to do on my other 2 characters to get as many free of those treasures as possible.

Lee

Is there a list anywhere of what will give you free dawn treasures?
Mostly I'm trying to figure out what I need to do on my other 2 characters to get as many free of those treasures as possible.

Just the strike and completing the SRL quest on each character, and opening the first of the large gift boxes with the tag.

Deku Tree

I accidentally infused my Tier 12 Spliced Titan helmet with two ornaments in it into my SLR helmet... RIP.

I thought it was locked and I had another helmet that I wanted to infuse that I thought was unlocked. I was mistaken on both...

Hello,

I'm on a three week break from my MBA, and I'm thinking of getting the 3 month PS+ pass. I have the Taken King edition. I've never played Destiny in competitive/multiplayer modes (Crucible?). If I start now, will I be eaten alive for a while?

There's a Prison of Elders Quest?

Hello,

I'm on a three week break from my MBA, and I'm thinking of getting the 3 month PS+ pass. I have the Taken King edition. I've never played Destiny in competitive/multiplayer modes (Crucible?). If I start now, will I be eaten alive for a while?

Not really. The Crucible is normalized, so your light level doesn't matter. The only learning curve you'll have to deal with is learning the maps and their respective choke points. I was grinding PvP at Level 5 when I was leveling up my Titan.

rezn0r

Hello,

You'll want to get the Rise of Iron addon too. Iron Banner (once a month, not currently) & Trials of Osiris (over the weekend/Monday) have level advantages enabled, everything else in the PvP world have them disabled, so being "behind" isn't that big of a deal outside of having to level up your subclasses, in my opinion. You could without a doubt catch up to the top levels and get involved in everything within 3 months. A friend just did it in a week or so on Xbox after playing PS4 for a year. Jump on in!

Frostburn

Hello,

"Destiny: The Collection" which has all content available is on sale for $25 I think on Amazon today

Lima

I accidentally infused my Tier 12 Spliced Titan helmet with two ornaments in it into my SLR helmet... RIP.

I thought it was locked and I had another helmet that I wanted to infuse that I thought was unlocked. I was mistaken on both...
And nothing of value was lost.

Kalamari

I wish SRL was a full time playlist. I think it's a mode that really appeals to casual players who aren't pvp gods, it's a good alternative to PvE stuff.

There's a Prison of Elders Quest?

Not really. The Crucible is normalized, so your light level doesn't matter. The only learning curve you'll have to deal with is learning the maps and their respective choke points. I was grinding PvP at Level 5 when I was leveling up my Titan.

Thank you. I'll get PS+ within the next day or two.
You'll want to get the Rise of Iron addon too. Iron Banner (once a month, not currently) & Trials of Osiris (over the weekend/Monday) have level advantages enabled, everything else in the PvP world have them disabled, so being "behind" isn't that big of a deal outside of having to level up your subclasses, in my opinion. You could without a doubt catch up to the top levels and get involved in everything within 3 months. A friend just did it in a week or so on Xbox after playing PS4 for a year. Jump on in!
"Destiny: The Collection" which has all content available is on sale for $25 I think on Amazon today

My apologies. I should have been more clear. I already own the TTK collection. I even finished the base game and started the expansions then my MBA program started up again leaving me with no game time. I'm hoping to jump back in over the next few days. This time I'm thinking of trying the strikes, raids, and PvP matches. I really enjoyed the SP, and I felt like I was missing out on a lot of content because I didn't have PS+.

If I end up liking the online experience, I will definitely get RoI.

If anyone is interested my PSN username = GAF username.

Top Bottom