• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Mindlog

Bungie did a much better job balancing content vs MTs this time around.

~30 races deep (disconnected from.. a few) and I can't get Infinite Descent. What's the code? Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start isn't working.
*Been trying for about 20 minutes now @_@

Dez_

I got 3 skeleton keys today over the course of an hour of play on the heroic strikes. I'd say that's a hell of an improvement, provided that it wasn't just RNG being nice today. The remixed strikes are fun, the new SRL tracks are fun. This event is pretty neat so far. I like it.

I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread:

Would anybody be interested in getting a group together to boost/train SRL this weekend? Maybe Saturday or Sunday afternoon EST?

Aside from wanting to hit S Class for the shader and emblem and finishing off my old book, I wouldnt mind grinding with anyone. I actually like the mode a bunch.

FiraB

Banned
It showed on my screen I was riding on top of you but it looks like you were ahead.

Two spots for SRL train.
Yeah lag affects SRL a lot, you can tell when you play red bars because they jump around like taken lil bitches.

Had one race where I was clearly winning by a large margin then outta nowhere the red bar showed up and snagged victory when I run a perfect boosted match not missing a single goal and taking all the shortcuts.

Games fun but it got the lag issues :p

On another note invite when you open up again, need 3 wins to S license ;)

Melchiah

I got 3 skeleton keys today over the course of an hour of play on the heroic strikes. I'd say that's a hell of an improvement, provided that it wasn't just RNG being nice today. The remixed strikes are fun, the new SRL tracks are fun. This event is pretty neat so far. I like it.

It's RNG. I played six yesterday, three of them from the strike playlist, and got one key. It's about the same as before.

Anybody else notice that gear isn't getting levelled up by racing? I've equipped srl gear as I've got it and after 5 races they've not filled even the smallest bit on the upgrade nodes

biteren

man, im am having a horrible time in crucible right now, just need 4 wins to complete a quest but the other team keeps clutching a win :(

EDIT: you know what? fuck this, cant believe im having such a hard time, im done. time to go on hiatus again

FiraB

Banned
So I made s class license and still had stuff to finish in the book, decided to ride a track backwards and boy was it a laugh watching people's reactions as I came head first at them

Number45

Anybody else notice that gear isn't getting levelled up by racing? I've equipped srl gear as I've got it and after 5 races they've not filled even the smallest bit on the upgrade nodes
Yeah, I noticed this. They DO however level up with motes, and much much faster than normal armour does (about 10 motes to 100% I think).

rezn0r

Also finding some weird inconsistencies:
I have the old Racing Wings Helm (they renamed it and added ornaments for Rank 3 SRL) and dont see it in the kiosk (thankfully I kept it).
Weirder, I have the Racer's Bond (the SRL Y1 warlock bond) and it says I can discard it and get it back at the kiosk yet there is no Racer's Bond, its the new bond which it says is earned after races as a reward. Again, thankfully I kept one as it is making rep gain a lot easier not having to wait for a random drop and leveling it up.

As for the holiday kiosk and silver dust shop, I am disappointed I cant reroll the Crimson Shell I have from February and I cant purchase the Chocolate shell nor Devil Ghost shell with silver dust. Its weird I can purchase horns and sparrows from last SRL but not any of the old holiday stuff.

I'm sure after playing a bit you like me figured some of this out, but the Vol. 1 book rewards which I did get at some point weren't unlocking in the kiosk. When I hit rank 3 Amanda gave them all to me along with the other two items (helmet & Dawning gift it might have been?) - and then they were unlocked. I guess it's their way of adding light to the items and still making sure you got credit.

But yeah the other stuff like the Y2 vs Y3 class item, helmets being slightly different, etc. is still a little weird. Either way I'm happy, the two full sets I unlocked in the kiosk let me break down like 8 items.

I get bored with SRL kind of quick but after one night I'm already rank 3 and have most of that part of the new book finished. In three weeks I'll be able to check off everything and not be annoyed about it!

CREMSteve

Looking forward to playing again this weekend, being away all week for work sucks. The hotel internet sucked and would only run the game when everyone was sleeping. >.<

123rl

It might be a silly question but is Strike scoring staying after this event is over? I know SRL is temporary but I don't think anything was said about Strike scoring

SRL gear kiosk is a bit weird. I have a full jade rabbit set but that doesn't appear in there. Assume I will have to keep it in my about then!

I have the new arms unlocked but they dropped post match rather than as a reward. Having to use my jade rabbit set is annoying as I'm losing light on my drops. Not that it really matters.

glaurung

SRL gear kiosk is a bit weird. I have a full jade rabbit set but that doesn't appear in there. Assume I will have to keep it in my about then!

I have the new arms unlocked but they dropped post match rather than as a reward. Having to use my jade rabbit set is annoying as I'm losing light on my drops. Not that it really matters.
The new gear is different.

Check the ornaments for your new post-match reward gear.

Finished the book this morning. Just missing two SRL emblems now. Why Bungie, WHY are the emblems per map? I'm just going to load in and drop out if it's not the map I need. Gonna tank that SRL Elo!

FyreWulff

lol, if you glitch out with no equipped sparrow, SRL just gives you the default first one from the campaign.

was like 'halp everyone come back'

GlamFM

Banned
64575UNILAD-imageoptim-text1.jpg

42525UNILAD-imageoptim-text2.jpg

38771UNILAD-imageoptim-text.jpg

http://www.unilad.co.uk/gaming/guy-...-mates-girlfriend-of-one-month-loses-her-sht/

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I picked up Destiny Collection for $25 on Amazon just now. Two questions:

Is there any more content to buy or does it include everything?
How long will it take for me to be leveled, equipped, etc. to do end-game content?

Top Bottom