• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
mlX9xuc.jpg

I am so sorry...

I hate you nearly as much as I hate my dentist...

No wait, more than my dentist :D

My only respite from this hate, is the knowledge that they will be painfully slow to level up, and this will use a lot of your time up (I know, I'm grasping at straws here) lol.

Awesome Raid run Vincent Alexander and crew (MrJellyBean here). It gave us some trouble, but we made it through. Thank you Gein being there to help us with the finer details of the Raid. Couldn't have done it without you. Lots of Shards again that run, but at least I got the Raid chest. Just need the arms now. Thanks everyone.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Should hopefully wrap up the normal raid this evening - hoping to find a decent group to run hard with before the weekend... only 28 though. heres hoping...

Dante316

I think ill run hard raid on Saturday and Sunday. They seem to take quite a while. Im lvl 29 warlock, shall see how it goes. Will probably msg again this weekend to see which groups running hard raids.

rNilla

Awesome Raid run Vincent Alexander and crew (MrJellyBean here). It gave us some trouble, but we made it through. Thank you Gein being there to help us with the finer details of the Raid. Couldn't have done it without you. Lots of Shards again that run, but at least I got the Raid chest. Just need the arms now. Thanks everyone.

Agreed, great run (rNilla here). Left side is best side.

What's the fastest way to level up an alt?

I did it through PvP in 7-8 hours, feels way less grind-y than playing through SP. Only downside is you don't get much loot so you're always short of armor mats. And most of the planets will be locked, but you can always unlock them in couple of hours for free-roam since it only takes one story mission per planet to unlock them.

SharkJAW

I feel like the Shin Malphur/Dredgen Yor (original owners of last word/thorn, respectively) rivalry should've been somewhere in the story. Maybe from time traveling through a vex portal or something. Would've been really cool.

Yeah, was awesome. It was Jackie, Vincent, and my first time doing the raid. Got the arms and some scout rifle with solar. Didn't even know you could get primary weapons with energy to them. Between that and the chatterwhite, I'm pretty happy with my first time.

Seems about right for tomorrow.

t5NGbrB.jpg

Have 47 strange coins. Hope he brings something good. Probably just blow them all to smash shit down for energy.

Frenden

Banned
I did it through PvP in 7-8 hours, feels way less grind-y than playing through SP. Only downside is you don't get much loot so you're always short of armor mats. And most of the planets will be locked, but you can always unlock them in couple of hours for free-roam since it only takes one story mission per planet to unlock them.

Is that last part right? I have a 28 Hunter and an 18 Titan alt. The Titan only has story progress enough to unlock bounties and Crucible. I thought you had to do almost ALL the story on a planet to move on to the next.

Yeah, was awesome. It was Jackie, Vincent, and my first time doing the raid. Got the arms and some scout rifle with solar. Didn't even know you could get primary weapons with energy to them. Between that and the chatterwhite, I'm pretty happy with my first time.

Have 47 strange coins. Hope he brings something good. Probably just blow them all to smash shit down for energy.

Was a really fun run of the raid. Picked up a nice auto rifle with void damage to help ease the raid a bit. Just wish I could remember which portal was left and right :/ If you wanna run it again sometime just give me a shout, sent out friend requests all round. (Gein789)

Agreed, great run (rNilla here). Left side is best side.
We definitely seemed to do much better as a team when the portal brought us to the left side. Those Supplicants are bastards.
Jealous of you that got some good weapons. Especially that Scout rifle. Love those, but haven't found anything beyond a Rare. Probably going to buy one with my marks this week.

Hopefully everyone ended up with some good stuff. I know two people got the Raid arms and there were a few weapons found.

Alucrid

Banned
so at the jumping puzzle in the raid, they used to have platforms on the right side near the unused portal in the first/second week. did they get removed?

Futaba

so at the jumping puzzle in the raid, they used to have platforms on the right side near the unused portal in the first/second week. did they get removed?

I didnt do raid until end of third week, so i wouldnt know. but i found it easier just to wait for the first step, jump on it, then sprint off the end and jump, then boost about mid way down the fall and float over to the ledge on the other side, you end up with half / 1/8th health depending on how you timed it, but its a lot easier than messing about timing jumps on dissapearing platforms

This game desperately needs a non-Super mode. Right now it's just a random mishmash of junk and one hit kills.

And a mode without bullshit spawns. And one last mode with better map design. And finally, a node with good netcode.

This game desperately needs a non-Super mode. Right now it's just a random mishmash of junk and one hit kills.

And a mode without bullshit spawns. And one last mode with better map design. And finally, a node with good netcode.

what this game really needs are more objective modes and less deathmatch pretending to be objective modes. the main problem i have with control is that you're either spawning in literally the exact same place for the entire game, or you're spawning behind the enemy team.

I suck at PVP. I usually wind up being second to last, or last. On a whim I tried Iron Banner with a Shingen E and a Sidewinder Shotgun. Figured I wanted to see just how bad I would get shredded. But...even though I still suck, I don't suck as bad. I get more kills and generally can even get third or second once in awhile. Using a level 20 Hunter and a 25 Titan.

What gives? Is Iron Banner working right? I swear I last longer in firefights than in regular Crucible.

Alucrid

Banned
I didnt do raid until end of third week, so i wouldnt know. but i found it easier just to wait for the first step, jump on it, then sprint off the end and jump, then boost about mid way down the fall and float over to the ledge on the other side, you end up with half / 1/8th health depending on how you timed it, but its a lot easier than messing about timing jumps on dissapearing platforms

nah i mean once you're over on the other side, there's that portal in the distance. there used to be more platforms that would spawn and you could jump over that way. there wasn't anything over there, but it's weird that they removed it

breakfuss

I suck at PVP. I usually wind up being second to last, or last. On a whim I tried Iron Banner with a Shingen E and a Sidewinder Shotgun. Figured I wanted to see just how bad I would get shredded. But...even though I still suck, I don't suck as bad. I get more kills and generally can even get third or second once in awhile. Using a level 20 Hunter and a 25 Titan.

What gives? Is Iron Banner working right? I swear I last longer in firefights than in regular Crucible.

Use a shotgun.

I'm having a real rough time in PVP so far. I think i'll hold off doing anymore till I get some fully upgraded purple weapons. My full auto comedian should rock once it's filled out, ditto for Pocket Infinity.

Now if I could just get a purple primary...

Izuna

Banned
So if you give yourself complete lag during a Crucible match, you'll win immediately as you are separated and get marks instantly.

zma1013

Lvl 29 titan with 300 dmg suros available for hard raid, xbox one. If u need an extra no matter the part ur on. Ive not tried hard mode yet. Available almost anytime just tell me when.

Zmakicksyou is live tag

Futaba

nah i mean once you're over on the other side, there's that portal in the distance. there used to be more platforms that would spawn and you could jump over that way. there wasn't anything over there, but it's weird that they removed it

Oh!, weird!
I'll be doing raid with my usual team tonight so i'll use the downtime we normally do for a break to investigate further

Paertan

Hoping for a Bladedancer helmet today from Xur! Got 60 Strange coins to spend xD

Other than that I have a few exotic primary (Hawkmoon <3) and Specials so as far as weapons go I am fine but who knows. Maybe he have something I want =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom