• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Two linked questions:

1.) Do the bonuses change on the weapons you can purchase from the Vanguard weapons-vendor?

2.) If not, is Shadow Price still worth getting without the extra-ammo bonus?

1. Purchasable weapon and one from e.g. rank up package may have different perks, but one in store is always same

2. Yes

njd_online

Banned
Anyone have it happen where it wont allow you to participate in events because "You dont have Playstation+" when in fact you do?

Its happened a few times to me now. Drives me nuts.

I'm getting this at the moment! Never had it before, store seems to be undergoing maintenance too.

RMI

Banned
Guess I'll start on my Thorn bounty... gotta get 500 thingamabobs on the Moon. I'll grind Sword of Crota mission.
Don't bother, the multi-player component is ridiculous. Even if I could somehow miraculously maintain a 1.0 kill ratio while using only void damage I would need to kill about 170 guardians in the crucible to finish that part. I don't know who thought that portion of the bounty was a good idea.

Hawkmoon is on the home stretch for upgrades. Pretty sure I can max it within the next few hours. Such a beautiful and awesome gun--turned a Regime loyalist into a revolver toting hunter.

I gotta say, I LOVE to reload during a battle! There's nothing like the feeling of slamming a longgg silver bullet...into a well greased chamber.

chewydogg

I log in this morning and all my story progress has been reset. I'm still 28 w/ all my gear, but I can't access any of the strikes(weeklies and planets), Iron Banner, or raid. I was able to do the daily but everything else is "requirements not met."

Fistwell

I log in this morning and all my story progress has been reset. I'm still 28 w/ all my gear, but I can't access any of the strikes(weeklies and planets), Iron Banner, or raid. I was able to do the daily but everything else is "requirements not met."
That's only because you need to subscribe to PS+ to access MP content. (PSN is crapping itself right now, only seems to work for the rare special snowflake that restarts his PS4 and gets lucky)

Edit: hey what do I know, I seem to be a special precious snowflake myself, restarted and store is back up... lets see...

Edit2: DENIED! Can access the store, but MP is still locked for me. Not so special after all.

Sorral

PSN is undergoing some maintenance apparently. Why on a Saturday and while another maintenance is scheduled for Monday is beyond me.

That's control in a nutshell. Whenever I see people running around points and the lovely sound of Suros I feel just I should sell the game.

They really need to rebalance the scoring mechanic for that game mode. Captures and maintaining control should give far more points than kills. It just devolves into Clash most of the time.

PSN is undergoing some maintenance apparently. Why on a Saturday and while another maintenance is scheduled for Monday is beyond me.
Might have something to do with the DriveClub server issues as the game was released in the UK on Friday. Otherwise who knows! PSN has been a real up 'n down experience recently.

That's only because you need to subscribe to PS+ to access MP content. (PSN is crapping itself right now, only seems to work for the rare special snowflake that restarts his PS4 and gets lucky)

Edit: hey what do I know, I seem to be a special precious snowflake myself, restarted and store is back up... lets see...

Edit2: DENIED! Can access the store, but MP is still locked for me. Not so special after all.

I am pretty special.

Danj

Saw a random DestinyGAFer on my team in an Iron Banner match, monodlee I believe. How do you get in the DestinyGAF clan?

I would also like to know this, I joined the DestinyGAF groups and whatnot but is there something else you have to do to get the tag to appear?

Shito

I would also like to know this, I joined the DestinyGAF groups and whatnot but is there something else you have to do to get the tag to appear?
You have to set this group as your psn or Xbox clan.
Look on the website, on the group's page, you'll see the option.

EL CUCO

I keep getting this message when signing into Destiny:

"Use of user-generated media is not allowed for your account"

and

"Use of this application's chat and messaging feature is not allowed for your account"

PSN needs a stability update, ASAP!

Namikaze1

Um is Destiny or PSN having problems? All the multiplayer content is locked yet my PSN ID has the Plus sign next to it.

Edit: oh, maintenance. Got it.

Deku Tree

I have a lot of destiny psn friends and now I sometimes get an overwhelming amount of invites. The problem is most of the time I have no idea what the invites are for without accepting them. What mission are they playing at what level? Are they just starting or stuck at the boss? Are they properly leveled? Or are they looking to be carried through the mission by a higher level guardian? I wish there was a way to see all this info on an invite.

Ambitious

I have a lot of destiny psn friends and now I sometimes get an overwhelming amount of invites. The problem is most of the time I have no idea what the invites are for without accepting them. What mission are they playing at what level? Are they just starting or stuck at the boss? Are they properly leveled? Or are they looking to be carried through the mission by a higher level guardian? I wish there was a way to see all this info on an invite.

Play Destiny!

panda-zebra

What's a quick and reliable way to level an alt?

Quickest way I find is to play through until you open up the moon, sit in front of the first story WE'VE WOKEN THE HIVE with an auto rifle for as long as you can stand, for breaks go hang around some public events on Earth and do bounties while you wait for them to happen. Doing the WWTH gives you a ton of white then green engrams, so you can easily level your gear with your character. It's no good for engram farming anymore but still has its uses.

allday247

Banned
So had quite a epic day yesterday. Been playing all day to fullfil the exotic shotgun bounty.then to wrap it up did my first nightfall with a fellow gaffer and managed to complete the weekly requirement for the bounty. I also managed to pick up 'the last word' hand cannon :)
Not used hand cannons yet so will need to adjust but is it a good gun?
I also need 3 more strange coins before xur leaves to get ice breaker... time to farm!!
Oh also hit lvl27!

So had quite a epic day yesterday. Been playing all day to fullfil the exotic shotgun bounty.then to wrap it up did my first nightfall with a fellow gaffer and managed to complete the weekly requirement for the bounty. I also managed to pick up 'the last word' hand cannon :)
Not used hand cannons yet so will need to adjust but is it a good gun?
I also need 3 more strange coins before xur leaves to get ice breaker... time to farm!!
Oh also hit lvl27!

Is it good? It's apparently the best hand cannon in the game and the only weapon still on my wish list. So... Gimme your goddam weapon. Lol

Marvel

could never
Saw a random DestinyGAFer on my team in an Iron Banner match, monodlee I believe. How do you get in the DestinyGAF clan?

I bumped into two random gaffers yesterday and a couple more the day before that! it's awesome.

Ugh, I can't get past that multiplayer requirement. Those void kills just won't come.

Just hit that part now.

I do have some decent void weapons... but man I'm not going to enjoy it overly much.

What's the fastest way to get vanguard marks? I'm trying to level up my alt who hasn't hit the cap yet. Is daily events the way to go or Tiger strikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom