• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Guys, my alt is all grown up now. He hit 20 and can wear big boy gear. I'm so proud. He's a Sunsinger... and he is on fire.

CrufJRo.jpg

That's right. Gauntlets being a hot sunny mess wasn't enough. He's got a flaming Bond as well. I can't wait until the subclass and Sunbreakers are fully leveled. As of now, I feel his Super to be somewhat lacking. With an extra grenade, revive ability, and increased duration for the grenades I'm sure it'll be a completely different experience though :)

I jumped straight to 22 by equipping the Sunbreakers and a "Shroud of the Justicar" robe. Excited to have a second character that can participate in interesting activities now :)

gatti-man

So I need to spend my Vanguard marks since I'm at 200 and I'm not getting any now, only problem is I have no idea what to get, my weapons right now are; Primary: Atheon's Epilogue (which I'm using), Suros Regime, Vision of Confluence and Universal Remote; Special: Ice Breaker (which has replaced my trusted Suros Regime setup), Invective, Found Verdict and The Supremacy; Heavy: Deviant Gravity-A, Truth and The Swarm. The ones I'm looking at are the Unfriendly Giant, Light/Beware or maybe The Devil You Know, I'm putting far too much thought into it considering I'm not even using the marks and can easily get more.

I bought the rare orange and blue speeder. Then upgraded it to legendary through xur. I didnt think it would be a big deal but its great in big pvp maps.

gatti-man

Is there a Destiny psn I'd share list somewhere? Out of my 274 friends, there are only an average of 5 people playing destiny at any given time. I need more potential coop buddies.

I'm almost lvl 29 and have yet to even try a nightfall run. No raid either though that takes a bit more planning.

Im doing nightfall today or tomorrow. Psn gatti-man lvl 29 titan

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
What do you use? Some ARs (Hard Light, Suros, Grim Citizen) are the absolute best, easy to use option guns in the game. There's a reason ~80% of users main ARs.

Grim Citizen. It's ok but it still doesn't kill nearly fast enough when everything kills me in 1 or 2 shots.

Slowly but surely making progress, just got to lvl 26. I think my time has been fairly efficient at only 27 hours of playtime. Thanks goes to Hawkian for his guide, grinding rep and purchasing gear has led to a good progression and pacing that never felt like I was stuck at a light level for too long. Should be at level 27 soon enough and maybe do some raiding.

Got another rare bounty for Super Good Advice this time.

I like machineguns a lot so I was looking forward to trying it out but good lord is it bad.

I've yet to upgrade it fully but man... it has the worst handling of any gun I have used in the game, full stop, impossible to get sustained hits on anything at range and the gun bucks so much it's even difficult to win close quarters engagements because aiming for headshots means you miss at least a third of the shots you fire as the gun jumps around in your hand.

I'm sure that's why the unique upgrade that returns almost all missed shots to the magazine exists. But I'm hoping that the handling upgrades can make it tolerable to use.

In comparison the Prestige something-something (New Monarchy MG) is far superior in everything but impact.

SkylineRKR

SGA is shit. I much rather use Zombie, which in my case has stability upgrades and faster movement during ADS. Its a monster in PvP.

I dunno about those exotic bounties, but a lot of those weapons are utter shit. Thorn, Bad Juju, SGA...

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
SGA is shit. I much rather use Zombie, which in my case has stability upgrades and faster movement during ADS. Its a monster in PvP.

I dunno about those exotic bounties, but a lot of those weapons are utter shit. Thorn, Bad Juju, SGA...

I'm very very curious about how exactly they are going to buff the thorn. Is the DoT going to get insane? reload speed increase? Larger chamber?? ... it needs it so bad.

Guys, my alt is all grown up now. He hit 20 and can wear big boy gear. I'm so proud. He's a Sunsinger... and he is on fire.

CrufJRo.jpg

That's right. Gauntlets being a hot sunny mess wasn't enough. He's got a flaming Bond as well. I can't wait until the subclass and Sunbreakers are fully leveled. As of now, I feel his Super to be somewhat lacking. With an extra grenade, revive ability, and increased duration for the grenades I'm sure it'll be a completely different experience though :)

I jumped straight to 22 by equipping the Sunbreakers and a "Shroud of the Justicar" robe. Excited to have a second character that can participate in interesting activities now :)

Could be annoying but I think it's pretty cool. When you look down you can see the flames from the bond flickering at the bottom of your screen.

SharkJAW

Does anyone else with the Last Word know why, in PvP, it hits 73 for headshots sometimes and 96 for others? I know the Last Word upgrade bumps up precisiong damage from the hip, but I noticed this happens when I ADS.

blackjaw

Does anyone else with the Last Word know why, in PvP, it hits 73 for headshots sometimes and 96 for others? I know the Last Word upgrade bumps up precisiong damage from the hip, but I noticed this happens when I ADS.

Not sure but I recently started using it for PVP and it is a headshot machine. Never paid attention to the damage output.

Kinda a lot irritated. Must have spent 10+ hours on that all up :mad:

referring back to a post i made the other day, i wish raid rewards were tied to incredible feats during the raid. randomness can still exist but a completely random system is neither rewarding nor encouraging. chests dropping ascendant materials is fine, but i don't think it's acceptable for them to drop after boss battles. and then the exotic weapon is given to somebody who already has the same one.

My first hard raid I got ass energy and the ship. Since then I've got pretty much everything hard mode has to offer.

was the same for my first normal raids. maybe going in the portals increases your luck

Chitown B

referring back to a post i made the other day, i wish raid rewards were tied to incredible feats during the raid. randomness can still exist but a completely random system is neither rewarding nor encouraging. chests dropping ascendant materials is fine, but i don't think it's acceptable for them to drop after boss battles. and then the exotic weapon is given to somebody who already has the same one.

I"m not 100% certain they're not. playing a bunch of Tiger strikes lately, the ones I have dominated I have gotten 4 rewards with one of those bunches being a legendary. The last one I play I was a 29 with a 22/23 and I got triple the kills. Ended up with a legendary sniper and three other engrams.

Chitown B

This triple play trophy is driving me mad. I've been trying to get it for 2 hours. I'm sort of starting to like the PVP, but until I get the trophy that's all I'm going to be doing.. and missing with my super, or getting 3 guys and not having it be the right 3 is getting so frustrated.

Could we possibly make a party and try to que rumble so I can knock this out and focus on something else. I'd really appreciate it.

it's fucked. You HAVE to got the triple down medal and it has to be three different types. It's so stupid. They need to patch it or change the wording. Check trueachievements.com

Tawpgun

Another video, dev commentary, mentions gear obtained from trading and gambling...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3G3V5PCJbk#t=154

It seems Public Events were intended to work differently. I think originally you and your fireteam would run into one and the game would matchmake other fireteams and players into the world to help you out.

As it stands it seems people need to be in your world already to help you with a public event. Maybe others would join in but it doesn't seem like you ever get a full public event. I've had to do most public events with one or two other people max

ocean

Banned
The thing is with this stupid trophy is that I don't enjoy PVP. Every hour I spend doing this, I could be spending in the raid or wherever. I'm sick of wasting my super hitting 1 guy and then waiting forever to try it again.

I could just knock this out if I could get a few guys to que for rumble.

Next time you have a fire team ready for a Strike or something just ask them for a quick Rumble stop so you can do it I guess. It's cheesy but it's a way to get that Trophy without having to participate in a gameplay mode you don't enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom